Topic: Hi all, feedback please

I just picked up the game and toiled away in the character creation awhile.  I went with a character who basically picked Military/Politics/Politics.  So stats around 21/21/-/-/14/13.  Is this viable, what I picture being is competent enough at combat but good at buffing and such as well.  If I want to be really good at buffing should I push all the green stats up as high as I can?  Will I still be able to fight?

Likely I will figure this all out on my own, but just wondering if you can do good here without having to min/max, I sure hope we can be more hybrid smile  Thanks

Re: Hi all, feedback please

Concensus seems to be that pure combat is the way to go, but a little politics/eco is never a bad thing . Nexus buffing is a way off being untilised heavily, but in long term its not a bad choice imo.

Eco is great for market playing and probably the best way to make money in Perpetuum if you have a head for figures.

There are not enough skills utilized by Politics/Eco to make it worth it. If you want those extensions you are still better off with a full combat character as you will be utilizing a lot more of those extensions. Therefore saving you more EP then a hybrid build, and saving EP is all attributes are good for.

4 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-18 23:27:07)

Spec for pure attribute strains for what you want to do. Don't do the hybrid route. smile

Play with perpetuum-planner.com

Select the skills you want and use the optimize feature for the attributes if you must duel spec.

But, I will still recommend pure specs.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Thank you all for the quick answers smile

I am going to have to think about all this then, I lean to wanting to be a NEXUS buffer but still able to fight enough to not be cannon fodder, hehe.

I only spend about 900 of my EP, so if I got to reroll at least I didn't waste it all.

Just don't delete your character.

Use the plannee to set your ideal skill set down the road, then it will give you the optimal attribute distribution.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki