Topic: This is getting uglier

Well thrid try at this post got knocked off 2 other times writting this I was going to post the good about the game.  But going stariaght to the ugly and that is the EP . besides the lost of over 20 k  plus on a starting char that I  dont play and want. Being eager to jump in the game NO WARNING ON EP PTS BEING SHARED BETWEEN CHAR'S or Thought would get the same for each char. I have 3 char's and been playing awhile noticed MY EP wasnt climbing
very much That because I was putting pts into my other char's few here a few there. ARGHHHH ! All because i couldn't dealte them (which I planed before the patch) ending up costing me more EP LOSS . But never new when I started the game I had  a 20k bonus , if I had know all these EP penalties I would not have created my char like I did.

Was hopping for a respect or something that could resolve this be fore my 3 month subscription running out. Corpation I am in is great and The cummunity is Great. Alot people would say this is my fault . I ask how is it my fault when  shared EP/ 20k EPstart/ And char dealtion came after I created them to see if this is what i wanted to play More EP loss 2 X 2880 .

So after all this i figured I wasted close to 35k in EP , They realy need to cleaify all this before a person creates a char. People say well you gain it back in the long run it doesn't matter. I say take 35k  EP from you then see what you have to say'  THe main problem with a time based game something goes wrong like this its gone forever and can't make it back but over 35K is to much.  Like i said if it didn't happen to you or have this problem
most of say to bad , but if it did it would be another story.

Re: This is getting uglier

From the Guide:

Extension points
In Perpetuum, the character development does not depend on completed missions or killed enemies. You automatically get extension points, if you have a valid account. The rate of extension point flow is 1 point/minute, and no matter if you log in and play or not, you will receive points.

Each account owner can create up to 3 different characters, but the extension points stay common. If you spend 100 points out of 1000 on your first character, 900 points remain for all 3 characters to spend.

From the FAQ:

How do I get XP? How do I "level"?
You get one EP (Extension Point) every minute, no matter what you do, even when you are offline. You can spend these points on extensions (skills) in your Agent profile/Extensions window. Read more about this here.

and

Are there any other ways I can get additional EP in the game?
No.

Also, please tell me English is your second language.

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

The information is there Rodo, sorry fella, but you've made an error and lost your EP. sad

Sympathies.  There is a lot to learn about the game all at once for the new player.
And it is easy to allocate EP wrongly.
New players please read the guides in my signature to avoid a lot of errors.
(In AXE we have additional guides to help people avoid wasting EP as well).
Have a good Perpetuum experience.

"Have a good Perpetuum experience"? If I was new you would have just made me quit the game.

6 (edited by Dennard 2010-12-19 03:48:33)

The information was available. All you had to do was click on: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Features and http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Lexicon. I read up on Perpetuum the night before launch. Sorry but you messed up and now have to live with it. No one forced you to rush into the game and not read up on the basics. I do feel bad for you, but it is clearly your fault and not the DEVS or anyone else.

Started the game 5 days ago. Can't complain about that. I believe the ingame tutorial (or at least one of the numerous (i) information buttons) properly warns you about this feature. And as other players already said, this feature is also advertised at various places on the official website.

Ofc gamers shouldn't be punished for their noob mistakes. I mean, we are paying games to have fun. Perhaps a one time respec for your whole account that removes all your characters and refunds all the earned EPs should be made available.

There are already 2 other threads about deletion EP loss and Respec.

9 (edited by Mortek 2010-12-19 08:51:38)

Hey Rodo don’t let "Buyer’s Remorse" ruin the game for you. I can understand that you may be dejected and maybe a little angry with the decisions you made because you did not fully understand how extension  points worked, but it is not a total loss. Purchase another account right now, and put one character on that account with the attributes you want, activate it and just let it sit there soaking up EP.  Please read and understand how attributes affect your Char first before doing this.

Salvage what you can from your existing account as you can still farm mats, make money, and PvP with a gimped Char even if it’s not optimal. Also you can try things without having to worry about your final build. This existing account/char is where you can make mistakes, plus you can still contribute to your corporation even with a limited career. It only takes 2 levels in industrial robot control and a Argano to farm all the mats you need to sustain a combat Char.

When the 3 months runs out on this botched account retire it for that new account that will have over 80,000 EP ready for you to spend like an expert on a Mech Operator. Don’t forget to move your digital wealth to the new account character before the old account deactivates.

Yes I know this cost you more, but 2 accounts for 3 months is $60 bucks which is what most gaming companies charge for a box just to play their game before you even get to the monthly subscription fee. You are still way ahead of the curve so don’t waste anymore time going down the I want Respec road, just get moving on that new account now, and put the ugly behind you.

Container wrote:

Sympathies.  There is a lot to learn about the game all at once for the new player.
And it is easy to allocate EP wrongly.
New players please read the guides in my signature to avoid a lot of errors.
(In AXE we have additional guides to help people avoid wasting EP as well).
Have a good Perpetuum experience.

Because I think you have the best intentions in mind with your guides, I'll help you out and hopefully make those links a little easier for someone to understand and use if needed.

Just quote this post and you can copy the formatting.  The only problem would be if it makes you go over the character limit, but I dont think it will.

PERP101 Guides: Getting Started, Beginner's FAQ, Choosing A Faction

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

DO NOT BUY A NEW ACCOUNT. Whatever you do please stand up for the feeble gamers who cant help but be pathetic sheep.

Buying a new account just seems like the way to fix mistakes, but its not. Its a poor indy company's attempt at snaring more money then they deserve. When options get better and the game itself becomes more rounded and entertaining.. Then you buy a new account to reward their hard work.

Dont fall for the mindframe of even the DEVs telling the players "Oh well, this is mad hardcore game cuz.". Its not, the PvP at this point is a joke and the whole game is an AFK grind for ore or kernals. There is little to do, no incentives to be in PvP zones (the game is consensual PvP.. lol 'sandbox' lol) and a slew of problems.

Main one being BOREDOM. Dont support this game because it tricked you, support it because it entertained you.

That is all. Thread can continue.

It's a bad development choice and one that will cost them players.

13 (edited by Jon Farmer 2010-12-20 20:33:00)

Yep, I got caught in this one. Actually, opened five accounts to see my options and to try things out. No big dent in my budget.

This is why the resub rates for months two and three will be interesting. At most, one of my 5 will be resubed. P turns into grinding really fast. I can run one of the two seek and destroys  or the group of 4 geologies ... over and over and over to up my relationship numbers. It becomes SSDD very quickly. Worst of all, it is not particularly engaging or entertaining.

BizzyBeast wrote:

DO NOT BUY A NEW ACCOUNT. Whatever you do please stand up for the feeble gamers who cant help but be pathetic sheep.

Buying a new account just seems like the way to fix mistakes, but its not. Its a poor indy company's attempt at snaring more money then they deserve. When options get better and the game itself becomes more rounded and entertaining.. Then you buy a new account to reward their hard work.

Dont fall for the mindframe of even the DEVs telling the players "Oh well, this is mad hardcore game cuz.". Its not, the PvP at this point is a joke and the whole game is an AFK grind for ore or kernals. There is little to do, no incentives to be in PvP zones (the game is consensual PvP.. lol 'sandbox' lol) and a slew of problems.

Main one being BOREDOM. Dont support this game because it tricked you, support it because it entertained you.

You are a pathetic ***. Considering the client is free and you only pay the sub, you don't buy a new account, it's basically the same as subscribing if you're so convinced you screwed up that you want to start over.

Not one more cent than a regular sub month on your old account. ***.

Snowstyle wrote:

"Have a good Perpetuum experience"? If I was new you would have just made me quit the game.

That reminds me of the typical response to some newbie getting gate ganked or suicide ganked in EVE ... "Welcome to EVE"...  Both are harsh games, and can be quite unforgiving of mistakes.  The best thing to do is to do some detailed research on what you want to do.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

BizzyBeast wrote:

wut? you still here?

never see you in PvP heard you where all badazz, but you are never to be seen, of course I rarely go to the alpha islands, maybe that answers it.

Oh wait I bet you have more than one account yourself, don't worry you can now respec both of them.