Topic: First Content Update

When can we expect the first content update?

Re: First Content Update

GMs and DEVs are talking about making player/corp owned constructable structures. I think it will be a few months before we see anything new. And considering that they were also using word "expansion" at the same time - it may be even longer. Their primary concern, again based on their words is server stability and performance. I think by the time something really happens, if ever, server will be quite empty. I don't want to sound like a troll but considering how many people were in game right after release and how many are now - its a fact that more people are leaving then joining.

A lot of kids went to play Cataclysm, which means that many accounts won't be renewed next time their billing cycle is over. There is nothing really interesting coming out for the next 1-2 months so people may come back but I am not sure Avatar already has something brewing in their pot of new content. I mean it may be brewing alright, but it may continue brewing for a while until something usable actually comes out of that pot. Devs in MMOs usually try to release something to keep high level players in their MMOs. I think by the time majority of players are in Mechs/heavy mechs devs may have SOMETHING out.

But if you want my opinion I think things will be advancing forward with a very slow pace. Thats how it usually happens in games developed by small companies. I don't see Avatar releasing updates every month. Its usually impossible with such a small dev team. But they made a good game just 10 of them so who knows maybe they have some miracle machine working for them. wink

The time based EP really gives them an accurate window of when the soonest they would need to offer new content. For instance if POS building is going to require 250K of EP, they know it will take roughly 4 1/2 months before anyone could possibly have the skills to do it  (Math: 50,000 EP from EA + 200,000 EP @ 1 EP per minute); that is taking the very very edge case of someone opening and EA account and just letting the EP build up without spending any.

I can see them releasing the new skill in a patch so players can start putting points in, even though the content may be months out still.

PvP is fun, so thats enough to keep most going for a while. Industry types obviously have a long road ahead of them before they master their craft.

Once people get into heavies and start thinking "what now?" is when the content needs to come, and I have faith it will.

Was hoping for a Dev response, anything would be good.

I hope its not like reading a great book, getting all excited because its part of a triliogy, only to find out the second book is still a year away and the last book is scheduled 5 years out. Damn you Donaldson!!!

Cyber wrote:

As far as i have heard the first "expansion" is being "programed" for around Feb. This was told to me by 1 dev and 2 gms so far. Keep in mind that it's a "tentative" date so could be changed.

Neijek wrote:
Cyber wrote:

As far as i have heard the first "expansion" is being "programed" for around Feb. This was told to me by 1 dev and 2 gms so far. Keep in mind that it's a "tentative" date so could be changed.

Thank you,