1 (edited by Ensireka 2016-08-03 03:16:40)

Topic: Syndicate Robots ...

Is it me, or should a Syndicate Robot have more Sensor Strength to go with the increased Signal Detection and Signal Masking? 

I mean, it sounds logical to me ... it also seems to me that for 2.5b and 100k tokens I should get a dramatically better bot than something considerably way cheaper. 

Btw, the Vanguard's  1% Damage Modifier is utilizing the wrong 'extension' if compared to the Mk2 Mesmer which uses Hi-Tech while the Vanguard uses Nuimqol Robotic Control ... perhaps that was meant to be another 1% per level ... for 4 damage bonus's?

I understand it's not a mk2 ... but it's more advanced then an mk2 ain't it?  So, Hi-Tech should come into play.

So, like I mentioned above.  Please consider raising Sensor Strength as you did the Signal attributes. 

Maybe the Syndicate bot's need a speed buff too!  Jet Packs?  :B

-Ensi

Re: Syndicate Robots ...

I think you're confusing Syndicate robots with the special black robots, they are not part of the Syndicate faction. The Vanguard Mesmer isn't derived from the Mk2 variant either so it doesn't make sense to compare their bonuses.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I think you're confusing Syndicate robots with the special black robots, they are not part of the Syndicate faction. The Vanguard Mesmer isn't derived from the Mk2 variant either so it doesn't make sense to compare their bonuses.

Note : You do buy the Vanguard Mesmer from the Syndicate shop; do you not?  wink  Please pardon the confusion I have led you to believe I had.  :B

Anyhow Sir Dev Zoom, what is the Vanguard Mesmer derived from?  Is it basically a Mk1 of the Vanguard Mesmer series?  So, I could hope to find an CT or purchase an Mk2 variant from the Syndicate shop at a later date for like 10b and 500k - 1m tokens? 

It's all about goals right? 

Correct me if I am wrong Sir, would it be safe to assume you would need higher skill level to pilot an Elite Robot vs an Mk2? 

I find it difficult to believe that the Vanguard Mesmer (an Elite robot) would have the virtually the same base stats as both the Mesmer Mk1 and Mk2's, though you indicated the Vanguard is not Derived from the Mk2 variant ... therein lies my issue. 

They both weigh 5,610 kg more than the Mk1 variant, yet go the same speed ... not complaining, but I think that was overlooked.  Besides a little more CPU +30, Reactor +100, Masking +40 and Detection +40, Locking Range +50m ... the only bonus's worthwhile are the Optimal Range and Hit Dispersion ... (I believe only a fool would use it in PvP ... or someone very brave and possibly arrogant) ... so the other bonus's are just ... odd to me.  tongue

One more thing ... Is it possible to paint the WHOLE robot Black?  It was an valiant effort ... but it could use an improvement.  big_smile

Btw, the Mesmer Mk1 and Mk2 both state Turret falloff while the Vanguard Mesmer states Falloff modifier ... I know it's the same thing ... just figured it was intended to be the same as the Mesmer Mk1 and Mk2 varieties

I know you're a busy man, so thank you for your time.

-Ensi

These robots were initially created to be given out as rewards and they fill more of a role of vanity items than daily usage robots.

They don't require any extensions because anyone who receives one as a reward should have been able to use it at the moment they get it instead of waiting months.

They are in the Syndicate shop due to popular demand, and they are sold there because as their description says, they were captured by the Syndicate.

I totally didn't realize it didn't need skills ... lol.

I've read the desc a few times prior to your mention ... The Nians should upgrade their 'Elite' robot.  Just saying.  big_smile

Can ya blame a person for asking?  Ain't the dumbst question the one that wasn't asked?

-Ensi