Topic: Mech or heavy mech version of the haulbot

Any plans for a heavier version of the Sequer?

I'd like to see something with 250-600U capacity put into the game.

And before someone says it, 80U isn't enough.

This will only get worse as players mine more and faster.

Re: Mech or heavy mech version of the haulbot

The Heavy Mech version should be 1KU+.

3 (edited by Gerrick 2010-12-15 02:12:20)

+1

...although I think the cargo capacity should be around 220U, which lines up with the Sequer being ~10x the capacity of the light mining bots.

+1

And personally i think that as the sequer is 80U to the combat assault bots 6U

The heavy logistics mech should have roughly 160U to the heavy combat mech's 12U

3 days of not very hard-core mining and I've got like 9+ trips of crap I need to haul to a t2 refinery (which will probably just get refined at a t1 due to laziness).

200-300U of storage would still be pretty inadequate imo. But hell, anything would be better!

Why not trailers? Add 3 trailers to a Sequer each with 80 U and you have your 320 U of cargo. Might add more fun to the gameplay than one single big hauler.

I'm pretty positive they talked about this during beta, and said there would be a heavy hauler in the somewhat near future.

Thought it was gonna be called the "datalest" (not sure on spelling) or something.

Bong Toke wrote:

I'm pretty positive they talked about this during beta, and said there would be a heavy hauler in the somewhat near future.
Thought it was gonna be called the "datalest" (not sure on spelling) or something.

As Recognizer wrote in my thread, they seem to have problems with bots lager than one tile: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/5288/#p5288

200u max I think.

My reasons are selfish, but well so is anyones in this discussion. Bigger haulers means less frequent hauling, which means less chance people will take a risk of moving through open pvp areas without a ridiculous entourage, which while not going against the nature of the game, does water it down somewhat by making such risks less frequent.

I know the Sequer is a little too small for the job, but multiple sequers is an option.

Bong Toke wrote:

Daidalos, it looks like, though the concept art is about a year old, still looks nice. big_smile

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uUn3C9_6Rv0/S … idalos.png

All I am saying is that trailers could be balanced better than a single big hauler.

Take for example a big hauler with high requirements. In this case you won't have many ppl who possess and can control one. Thus you will always have ppl complaining about not being able to transport their stuff without an ridiculous amount of runs. Additionally you will end up with ppl not transporting their stuff at all.

Trailers on the contrary could have different cargo sizes. You could also limit the amount of trailers you can equip by some new "robot control" extension simulating some kind of driving license.

Cargo expander modules that fit on the chassis! Go go!

auster wrote:

All I am saying is that trailers could be balanced better than a single big hauler.

Take for example a big hauler with high requirements. In this case you won't have many ppl who possess and can control one. Thus you will always have ppl complaining about not being able to transport their stuff without an ridiculous amount of runs. Additionally you will end up with ppl not transporting their stuff at all.

Trailers on the contrary could have different cargo sizes. You could also limit the amount of trailers you can equip by some new "robot control" extension simulating some kind of driving license.

Larger cargo should have higher requirements. Your reasons behind wanting trailers to get around those requirements is a bad one.

This game has haulers, miners and fighters. They should cater to all groups of players. Miners and Fighters have all the robots up to the heavy mechs, haulers basically have only ONE bot. I am not sure its very fun to just play ine ONE bot all the time, but many people do it. We need something around mech/heavy mech tier to haul more. 200AU still sounds better than nothing or 80. Bot doesn't need to be bigger than 1 tile. Build it up if can't make it wider. Give us some fat mech that carries some kind of box modules on its back and front. Build it up if you can't build it in width.

15 (edited by CoyoteTheClever 2010-12-15 21:49:34)

Chief Ubenor wrote:

This game has haulers, miners and fighters. They should cater to all groups of players. Miners and Fighters have all the robots up to the heavy mechs, haulers basically have only ONE bot. I am not sure its very fun to just play ine ONE bot all the time, but many people do it. We need something around mech/heavy mech tier to haul more. 200AU still sounds better than nothing or 80. Bot doesn't need to be bigger than 1 tile. Build it up if can't make it wider. Give us some fat mech that carries some kind of box modules on its back and front. Build it up if you can't build it in width.

Haulers tend to just be miners alts though or the result of people who cross trained in mining. I wouldn't say they are really two separate kinds of players. Hell, as far as moving from A to B is concerned, I think every group of players participates in that kind of gameplay tongue

Just be patient until they fix their animation system and can make bots larger than a tile. It isn't good to get the devs to rush things. They'll make one when they are ready.

Just change the cargo capacity of the arkhe to 240U ... (<--Troll in case its not obvious) roll

Arga wrote:

Just change the cargo capacity of the arkhe to 240U ... (<--Troll in case its not obvious) roll

Admitting it is the first step to being a FAILURE!!!

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Damn my carebearness, sometimes I just want to strangle the crap out of it when it makes me Fail... but its just to cute and furry!!!:/

Snowstyle wrote:
auster wrote:

Larger cargo should have higher requirements. Your reasons behind wanting trailers to get around those requirements is a bad one.

- They should come with new extensions.
- Trailers would be new items that you have to build (resource requirements).
- They could be attacked separately.
- The more you equip, the more they slow you down.
I guess there are enough possiblities to increase the requirements. So I don't exactly see your reasoning to say its a bad idea.

I certainly hope this will be implemented soon. I was not aware when choosing Manufacturing as a career that it would to 99.9% hauling.

Anyhow, I certainly think the bigger hauler should be at least 400 U. Also there should really be modules and extensions to improve cargo.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

I certainly hope this will be implemented soon. I was not aware when choosing Manufacturing as a career that it would to 99.9% hauling.

Anyhow, I certainly think the bigger hauler should be at least 400 U. Also there should really be modules and extensions to improve cargo.

This ^^^

I'm surprised the pirates aren't posting for around 120U, more trips means more exposure.

I would like to see 400U, but I don't really expect it to be 5x larger; 1.5 - 2x is more likely.

auster wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:
auster wrote:

- They should come with new extensions.
- Trailers would be new items that you have to build (resource requirements).
- They could be attacked separately.
- The more you equip, the more they slow you down.
I guess there are enough possiblities to increase the requirements. So I don't exactly see your reasoning to say its a bad idea.

Read your original post. You said that bigger mechs are a bad ideas because they would require extensions that not everyone would have. Trailers were your solution to this. I said that that's a bad solution because your problem isn't a problem. If you want trailers to have more extensions as well then that doesn't solve your original problem and makes the whole trailer concept pointless. Why not just have bigger cooler looking bots?

Snowstyle wrote:

Read your original post. You said that bigger mechs are a bad ideas because they would require extensions that not everyone would have. Trailers were your solution to this. I said that that's a bad solution because your problem isn't a problem. If you want trailers to have more extensions as well then that doesn't solve your original problem and makes the whole trailer concept pointless. Why not just have bigger cooler looking bots?

What would be the extension required for big haulers? "Advanced robotics" at level 1 or even 4? That would cost more EP than "basic robotics" at level 4 which you must have for the Sequer. Then a new extension at the first level for 1 trailer. So there is a difference. It all depends on how many ppl you want to have access to more cargo space.

Heavy mech hauler.
Advanced robotics 6, industrial robot control 6.
Capacity.. 300-1000