Re: New devblog: Extension Point system upgrades

Chemist wrote:

25 may - 9.3 ppl
26 may - 9.2 ppl
to be continued...

Chemist i applaud your fortitude, but the games dead bro.  We had good times im glad i can reflected on the past activities in the game and feel like my money was well spent. However, hanging on to perpetuum like she's a bad ex-girlfriend is damaging to you.  It's time to cut the cord.  Maybe if/when the devs begin to invest time and money into the game then maybe it would be worth revisiting.  But, i feel at this moment the devs cannot commit enough time and resources to develop content in order to retain players.  If you look at what they are working on the dev blog clearly shows that they cannot/wont work on big ticket items.  They are simply trying to tweak existing content, which is small enough for 1-2 people to handle.  This small group cannot handle the attention perpetuum requires/deserves.  Final evaluation is the game is dead unless a new team takes over or they expand the existing one.  Until that happens most people wouldn't return. That's my 2 cents.  It was fun guys see yall in other games.  Peace out.

Rovoc wrote:

Chemist i applaud your fortitude, but the games dead bro.  We had good times im glad i can reflected on the past activities in the game and feel like my money was well spent. However, hanging on to perpetuum like she's a bad ex-girlfriend is damaging to you.  It's time to cut the cord.  Maybe if/when the devs begin to invest time and money into the game then maybe it would be worth revisiting.  But, i feel at this moment the devs cannot commit enough time and resources to develop content in order to retain players.  If you look at what they are working on the dev blog clearly shows that they cannot/wont work on big ticket items.  They are simply trying to tweak existing content, which is small enough for 1-2 people to handle.  This small group cannot handle the attention perpetuum requires/deserves.  Final evaluation is the game is dead unless a new team takes over or they expand the existing one.  Until that happens most people wouldn't return. That's my 2 cents.  It was fun guys see yall in other games.  Peace out.

Unfortunately, you're right ...

8.7 today...

54 (edited by Gekko 2016-05-31 14:24:10)

How about making a PS4 shooter as part of the perpetuum in the next year? smile
To have broader community.

Gekko wrote:

lol You're going to sponsor? lol

No one will invest in a project that does not develop. No one will buy an apartment in a house that is not built. No one will buy securities companies that ... and so on...

snot wipe. not want to play - not play.

Just @ Game

I have a raid group going on Friday nights, we are looking for 1-2 more healers plus an additional dps.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Chemist wrote:
Gekko wrote:

lol You're going to sponsor? lol

Well, it's can be done on Doom II engine lol

Our own Dust 5.14, since we're following CCP's decisions.

It's realy strange to say that, but Ville is right. Screw daily EP.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

60 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-05-31 23:54:24)

Ville wrote:

I have a raid group going on Friday nights, we are looking for 1-2 more healers plus an additional dps.

WoW? 1 day Im going to have to try that game hmm

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

61 (edited by Gekko 2016-06-01 11:20:22)

Line wrote:

It's realy strange to say that, but Ville is right. Screw daily EP.

I'd like to see at least one weird man who'll spend months of his life to get lvl-80 here... lol

A vast majority(99%) of players spending more time in other MMOs and being fine with time progression here, becuase they can progress even though they've tired of game long ago. What's illogical is their assumption that new players will be happy to play the game the way they don't want to play themselves(PvE stuff 24/7).

New xpac drops in August.  We are preparing for it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Any bets that new players will QQ over vets who were able to get EP over time doing nothing. But they (new players) have to grind EP? lol

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

64 (edited by Gekko 2016-06-01 13:08:02)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Any bets that new players will QQ over vets who were able to get EP over time doing nothing. But they (new players) have to grind EP? lol

Waiting is boring, grinding is fun, we should be jealous lol

Maybe you guys missed that part in the blog, but time-based EP won't go anywhere.

What's next after the EP upgrade?

logicalNegation wrote:

Probably Syndicate robots.

DEV Zoom wrote:
logicalNegation wrote:

Make syndicate robots now and you will not have to enter this stupid patch to attract players.

Chemist wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
logicalNegation wrote:

Make syndicate robots now and you will not have to enter this stupid patch to attract players.

+1

DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe you guys missed that part in the blog, but time-based EP won't go anywhere.

reading and understanding what was written there are two different skills, and some just didn't have the EP to upgrade the later.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:
logicalNegation wrote:

Revert the goddamn balance patch already, Jesus ***

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
logicalNegation wrote:

Revert the goddamn balance patch already, Jesus ***

+1

DEV Zoom wrote:

No no I did see that.... But im still willing to bet some noob will complain about *insert QQ about vets & EP*

At this point re-doing the game engine for better graphics (the least important aspect) would be a better and more productive idea then giving more EP to people who don't want to play your game for more then 1,59 hours in the first place.

There's 5 people posting there, and out of those 5 theres only 1 who actually plays the game anymore.

75 (edited by Chemist 2016-06-02 13:27:57)

Naismith wrote:

At this point re-doing the game engine for better graphics (the least important aspect) would be a better and more productive idea then giving more EP to people who don't want to play your game for more then 1,59 hours in the first place.

There's 5 people posting there, and out of those 5 theres only 1 who actually plays the game anymore.

+100500, but Zoom he does not care about this...