Topic: View Corp Finances without having access to affect them

Hello,

I would like an option to have Corporate financial activity viewable by members of the corp without giving them access to remove money/items, or have any other special priveledges.

This allows a Corp to be more transparent to its members.

Lokked

Re: View Corp Finances without having access to affect them

Lokked wrote:

Hello,

I would like an option to have Corporate financial activity viewable by members of the corp without giving them access to remove money/items, or have any other special priveledges.

This allows a Corp to be more transparent to its members.

Lokked

Would they also be able to look at every corp transaction?

What good is seeing a balance if no one can audit how it got there or where it went?

3 (edited by Lokked 2010-12-14 21:14:28)

GLiMPSE wrote:

Yes.

"Financial activity" is a broad enough concept to cover this and the idea of being transparent should be an option.

Lokked

Lokked wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

Yes.

"Financial activity" is a broad enough concept to cover this and the idea of being transparent should be an option.

Lokked

There is no reason i could think of that this would be needed, in real life or in game other than a corporations public record requirements which are usually posted quarterly. What accountability are you looking for?

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

In quite a few MMOs I've seen this information public, such as who deposited/withdrew something from a group public storage (ie. guild bank).

Some corps in Perpetuum operate closer to an actual corp, where the members are working together and pooling resources for the governing body of the corp to use in its members' best interests. In these cases transparency would be useful.

Accountability: Seriously? If at least that part's not apparent to you, why did you even bother posting?

Lokked wrote:

In quite a few MMOs I've seen this information public, such as who deposited/withdrew something from a group public storage (ie. guild bank).

Some corps in Perpetuum operate closer to an actual corp, where the members are working together and pooling resources for the governing body of the corp to use in its members' best interests. In these cases transparency would be useful.

Accountability: Seriously? If at least that part's not apparent to you, why did you even bother posting?

Not to argue against... but this may detract from the Sandbox a bit. It works in games like WoW and the such where it's a convenience. But in a Sandbox you should have to trust the person that is handling the finance to provide accurate accounting... Just like companies trust their accountants aren't cooking the books.

+1, I'm a geek and although i do fully trust our illustrious leaders i do like to see the corp wallet going up

Lokked wrote:

Did not ask why.......asked what accountability you were looking for. smile

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

9 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-16 19:47:55)

+1

The ability to deposit, but not withdrawl, would be a huge plus as well.

Good suggestion.

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

10 (edited by Andronius 2010-12-17 10:22:34)

+1
I like this. Or at least give the leader an option to allow certain players access to the info. That way a corp body can have an election to create a council of financial auditors, or even one person. If the leader values transparency he would give in to the election. If shady things are going on, the leader would have to option of bribing the newly elected auditor, or even denying the election and possibly introducing suspicion of mismanagement. Introduces intricacies.