Topic: Reactor Bug + Rant

For those who didnt know, NSE was subjected to a horrible bug that would leave our reactors empty.  I know most people don't have gamma facilities, however those that do should feel the pain we're suffering from.  Anyhoot, this bug was known to Dev Zoom and in kind they fixed it.  It should be noted that we had to deal with this for a month after we found out about it.  Every single server reset would simply empty out reactors and in turn they had to be filled.  Now NSE with all of its sub corporations account for what 9-12 bases on Xiantor. Think about how many server restarts and resets we had to deal with during the mission patch and yes every single time we had to go fill up our reactors.  Sunny decided he wanted to calculate all that was owed to us and reached an astronomical amount of 10M+ cryo.  Now idk about yall, but ffs i have plenty of things to do and mining a *** ton of hdt and liquizit isn't on my "This is what i want to do today".  After confronting Zoom with countless support tickets Sunny and I have received zero word back from zoom.  For most people this is just an endless rant, but this is the *** we have had to deal with for a year since we were the only group that consistently did gamma.  Anyone else feel this is *** up?

Re: Reactor Bug + Rant

+1

I'm waiting on mine as well Dev Zoom. +1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The problem is that we don't have any logs about the materials put into reactors or the energy levels at a random point of time that would tell us whether you have actually lost that energy or it was used up.

If I reimburse you for what you ask, then basically anyone can submit a support ticket claiming a random amount of materials because I will only have their word for it.

Not trying to stir the pot but this reminds me of the time server data was lost on Davis Barrier and we lost all the terraforming we did at our base. Even though this isnt the fault of the players they are the ones getting the short end of the stick.

The only thing I can do is give an equal package of materials or energy cells to everyone who has a reactor on gamma.

Yes.  Equal package enough to fill a reactor at least 5 times.

you have to put into consideration every time the server was reset, as well as, how many bases we own and how many reactors.  We couldn't just leave them empty as this would leave our bases defenseless.  How can we come to an appropriate #? if i had just  1 case i wouldn't care but i think we had 15 bases going.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The only thing I can do is give an equal package of materials or energy cells to everyone who has a reactor on gamma.

That's crazy. Just fix your code to make sure that a reset of the server makes the reactors full.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

its fixed but it took them a while to fix it.

So people want reimbursing for hdt and liquizit? Seriously?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yes.

well jita if you'd like to mine me up 10.8M in cryo i'd be more than happy to accept it.  point of the post was Zoom was ignoring Sunny and me and apparently ville.  We do all this work on gamma and get *** on and ignored im glad zoom is prepared to make reparations.  like i said before i wouldnt' care if we had 1 or 2 bases, however, having to power 15 bases and having them emptied out was a no bueno situation.

14 (edited by Annihilator 2016-02-20 20:28:46)

Jita wrote:

AFK Scarab mining is expensive. it costs time on alpha, and is to dagerous behind 500 defense turrets.

but hey, we got hotfixes and reimbursments for minor things.

rovoc - your single corp having more then 3 full bases is an issue to begin with... but thats another topic in how DEVs do not really care what happens ingame.
its rather inconsequent from the DEVs that you can actually fuel your reactors without the usage of energy wells.

@Zoom,
just reimburse them what they want. especially Ville has no access to those limitless resources his faction is always talking about. Syndic keeps them locked somewhere... or maybe they are locked in outposts they don't have access at this moment.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You wouldn't like the outcome of that Anni.

the way energy wells are implemented - hell no, thats total crap atm. just saying its inconsequent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

17 (edited by SunnyJester 2016-02-20 20:47:21)

Jita wrote:

Jita, it is 10.8 million Cryo...it is not a small thing.  If the dev's took mesmers out of your private storage, you would want reimbursement.....It shouldnt be our fault that the Dev's dont have a log to track it.  But we lost the energy that too time and possibly money to obtain as a result of a server bug, and we as a result should be re-imbursed. We are not asking for anything over what was taken from us.

tell you what zoom release turrets vs npc's by friday of next week and i'll consider that compensation for the cryo.  If not how can we come to a reimburse amount?

He'll be in the office on Monday.  Give the man a couple days to rest.

SunnyJester wrote:
Jita wrote:

Jita, it is 10.8 million Cryo...it is not a small thing.  If the dev's took mesmers out of your private storage, you would want reimbursement.....It shouldnt be our fault that the Dev's dont have a log to track it.  But we lost the energy that too time and possibly money to obtain as a result of a server bug, and we as a result should be re-imbursed. We are not asking for anything over what was taken from us.

I mean I don't really care, that much cryo is a day's mining so by all means get reimbursed. I'm just thinking there are people who lost ten billion NIC bases due to bugs - Ville is one of them - and they didn't get reimbursed so it's odd to me that this is something the devs are bothered about.

By all means give them all a billion hdt and liquizit if their 'infinite hangers' need it.

i have lost two hours of my life to a production mission, with next to nothing as reward,
and haven't got a single response from zoom about my complaint how that cannot be a bug.

10Million cryo doesn'T sound significant when your sitting on billion-sized stacks of it fuuu

Annihilator wrote:

i have lost two hours of my life to a production mission, with next to nothing as reward,
and haven't got a single response from zoom about my complaint how that cannot be a bug.

10Million cryo doesn'T sound significant when your sitting on billion-sized stacks of it fuuu

Well hate to break it to you , but NSE doesn't have infinite supplies.....we are rather tight on Raw materials since no one wants to mine anymore.  Also, 10 million Cryo is 520 Million HDT and 260 million Liquizit if processed on a max gamma terminal.  I would challenge anyone to mine that in a day......

you say NSE doesn't have those infinite supplies,
why do you ever beliefe that corps like joke or ethose have them?

Its actually funny how much the Perp-DEVs keep themself from changing things ingame that would make those "unlimited resources" there gone from one day to the other.

i have just relogged into the game Firefall after a few years not touching it. all my stuff is basicly gone. reduced to a handfull of stuff in my inventory i can recycle.

Zoom wouldn't wait to reimburse your lost cryoperine if he had logs about it. history tells that they do that stuff. (just remember the silly reimburse waves they did after some gamma changes... )

24 (edited by SunnyJester 2016-02-22 18:49:28)

you say NSE doesn't have those infinite supplies,
why do you ever beliefe that corps like joke or ethose have them?

I never said Joke or Ethos did.......

Its actually funny how much the Perp-DEVs keep themself from changing things ingame that would make those "unlimited resources" there gone from one day to the other.

What the hell are you referring to?

i have just relogged into the game Firefall after a few years not touching it. all my stuff is basicly gone. reduced to a handfull of stuff in my inventory i can recycle.

I don't give a fock what other games or game Devs are doing.. this is irrelevant

Zoom wouldn't wait to reimburse your lost cryoperine if he had logs about it. history tells that they do that stuff. (just remember the silly reimburse waves they did after some gamma changes... )

I understand that there is no logs, do no make it right that a server bug can virtually steal assets from a corp.  This is not right and it needs to be rectified.

I'm not that vested in this tbh, I am only looking for 1.0 million Cryo.