1 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-09 00:07:05)

Topic: Next status report

I know you are still working on more updates but a recap and any changes during development since September?
Like you guys said you may remove the market system once t5 are introduced, which personally I like the market system as is. Having both should be ok auction house and old market system.

So is t5 is still on the table? Can't we just rebalance the 4 tiers we have already , I mean 4 tiers should be enough.

What about hybrid robots any development going on there?

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Next status report

we dont have 4 tiers, there are more (i think 12) of each item...

they dont "remove" the market, they replace it, and enable something called "item linking" too wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Blocker 2016-02-09 04:18:56)

Annihilator wrote:

we dont have 4 tiers, there are more (i think 12) of each item...

they dont "remove" the market, they replace it, and enable something called "item linking" too wink

I think there is 10, T1, T2, T2 proto, T2+ and on to T3 etc. So there is 3 "classes" for each tier except T1, unless I'm missing one which is of course quite possible.

I think Celebro is referring to just the 4 common tiers, T1, T2, T3 and T4.

T0, T1, T2p, T2, T2+, T3p, T3-, T3, T4p, T4, T4+, and some items have SynCrap

so not all items have all tiers, but there is so much filler-stuff in there that has no use except for beeing a production component that can be used in exceptional situations (bankrupt, trolling, etc.)

So, if we wouldn't talk bout avatar creations there - having "unique" blueprints with fixed stats and a vast majority of randomized items would be good thing to do...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-09 15:02:47)

What I meant was the, main player built tiers, the rest are balanced out of those. We can build P tiers, but is intended as a build component with added benefit at reducing cpu and reactor consumption if used or was it weight reduction. Plus or minus tiers are only found either on the field or in the syndicate shop.

Anyhow, that makes my point even better, too many tiers. Maybe there is another way which I suggested some time back to reduce the clutter and thinking on the KISS principle, we could remove most modules and just have sliders to increase or decrease stats in robots.

Now, module would not need to be removed entirely, if not there would be little to trade or build, but if the devs want to move to a 'random module route' they could make bots more to be build in different parts, legs, torso, head and have just 3 module slots that each can increase or decrease the sliders maximum or minimum amounts of say dmg or cycle time. No need for so many slots or modules and tiers would be removed as the sliders provide the stats that players requires.

This also has an added benefit of new players finding the items they need on market, less items in the game would mean that keeping the market supplied by others would be easier.

RIP PERPETUUM