26 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-02 00:10:29)

Re: [Assignments]Blank reward window for non-contributing squad members

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, these two roughly give you the same rewards:

1. Doing 10 missions solo.
2. Doing 1 mission with 10 participating squad members.

Now tell me which one is easier and faster.

1 because finding 10 participating members is harder, and you know, the split.

RIP PERPETUUM

But at this point you're basically arguing that it's not worth doing missions in a squad because it's hard to get 10 participating members and if you can't get your puppets' share then screw the whole thing.

I think the problem is you think a reasonable reward for going a beta level 6 mission is 5m and everyone else things 40m is fine, we just want a reason to spend that money on something

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I think the problem is you think a reasonable reward for going a beta level 6 mission is 5m and everyone else things 40m is fine, we just want a reason to spend that money on something

If it's not, we can always increase the beta multiplier. But this current status is just broken.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, these two roughly give you the same rewards:

1. Doing 10 missions solo.
2. Doing 1 mission with 10 participating squad members.

Now tell me which one is easier and faster.

The answer is in between, let me break out these crayons.  I as a player fit long range and a little tank back up to 550M and kill the heavy mech in the group that causes chain explosions GG move to next mission.  Two things can speed this up.  1.  The amount of dps needed to kill one heavy mech and 2. Teleporting back to the station or moving to a field terminal to grab the next mission.

For 1.  You reach a point were the collective alpha strike of 10 heavies would be over kill.  Also interference comes into play.  So at 550 M you only need 6 dps heavy mk2 to alpha strike a tanked heavy.  Then explosion cleans up the rest.

For 2.  Only the mission getter gets the teleport feature meaning you have to wait on your other buddies to get back in position for next mission. 

So all you need it about 6 heavies.  Or it becomes a logistical headache not to mention you have a fleet of Heavys basically walking around *** off most of the time.

Like there should be capped incentive, that's around the 20 to 40 million mark.  I don't care what Jita says you can not do a level 6 combat mission in 4 minutes if you include the walking, triggering and proceeding with the mission.  It takes 15 to 20 minutes to do.  And at 5 million a pop that's only what 20 million an hour plus loot?  It's not worth doing.  And we are talking about the non *** you got three things to do in the mission.  There's one that only pays out 2.5 million.  I can make more money mining, and there's no reason to do missions but to grind for syndicate supply items.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The missions solo should pay out to 10 to 20 million a pop.  Cause you can't do this in an arbalest.  And you are creating a reason to be on beta, remember when you nerfed token mining missions and transport missions?  We had a game back then a reason for people to be on beta fighting and killing people.  A reason to wage war.  You removed that a took away beacon pits and look what happened?  Remember the 6 people in general chat?  I remember I was two of those.  Look at perp-kill.net, look at ALL the stuff dying?  I remember when some weeks none got killed.  Those heavy mk2 losses are not cheap and some Me has to make those.  People are producing and playing the game.  You've given everyone access to missions with field terminals and beta terminals.  Everyone can do it now and your ENTIRE player base is allowing every one to get out there and do stuff.  No one is ghanking every person that steps foot on beta.  It's actually a decent game worth playing!  People can make money without spending 5 straight hours doing something.  It's nice playing for 2 hours and making 250 million.  It's real nice.  It's so nice people actually login to do it.  Think of the children zoom!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Don't decrease the reward, increase nic sinks.

And by all means remove squad mission and put in a difficulty slider so you can get the same difficulty and payout as now without buggering about with squad mechanics.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

When doing assignments on Shin earlier this month, I accidentally shot a Mech from another players' assignment. I wasn't in his squad or corp but was rather confused when the  two members of my squad got reward - one of which was just sat in terminal.

Haven't had opportunity to check whether this still happens but from what I've read in the last couple of days it's a bug.

After looking at the numbers if you change the max Beta reward to 25 million per mission and increase the token reward to 100 tokens per level of mission its actually fairly balanced.

You would get:

t4+ 10000 tokens would be 16.66 missions for around 420m NIC mission reward
Black bots 100000 tokens would be 166.66 missions for around 4.2b NIC mission reward

Around a 20% NIC sink.

Oh and quite possibly the biggest reason no one will do squad missions, only 1 person gets tokens.