Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

Lobo wrote:

... but can a prerequisite or necessary item for a black bot be that you deliver a Mk2 of said variant to a Beta 1 station in exchange for this black bot?

Very sensible suggestion for very sensible reasons.

Lobo wrote:

The Beta station only infers a slight bit of danger in getting your newly minted bot. Also other game most blueprints and faction point trade hubs are in lowsec.

Like this idea for many things in principle but I don't think the number of Beta terminals/islands and the way you have to access them makes this possible in Perp as it currently stands.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

So at 12 players your payout used to be 5 million a pop equaling 60 million payout.

Christ, they need to do their math properly.

They did it fine it's the behavior of npcs with the leash mechanic combined with explosion damage.  Or the scaling of squads,  since 1 player can basically tank 40ish npcs.  So it's an interesting feature.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

78 (edited by Lobo 2016-02-01 21:08:46)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Lobo wrote:

The Beta station only infers a slight bit of danger in getting your newly minted bot. Also other game most blueprints and faction point trade hubs are in lowsec.

Like this idea for many things in principle but I don't think the number of Beta terminals/islands and the way you have to access them makes this possible in Perp as it currently stands.

Yeah but I don't like the Idea that the cream-de-la-cream of bots can be got by doing lvl 5 missions from Alpha 2 terminal and then just buying it there. Taking a sequer with a mk2 heavy in it to a beta station and TPing out with a black bot isn't that dangerous.

It would also make Beta control more critical when if put in to place you might have to swap meet style trade with island owners to get your bot.

I would actually take this a step further and make the reward a single 1/1 efficient CT that can only be made at a gamma station or fully upgraded beta terminal the CT is destroyed upon manufacturing process. (Materials needed same or more than a mk2 HM + a Mk2 HM)

Come on Zoom think more inside the Skinner box and less of the Pavlov dog drooling over shineys.

Jita this would ensure a 3 way fight as no one could control all 3 or even 2/3s of the islands if it means control over blackbot production.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Lobo wrote:

Yeah but I don't like the Idea that the cream-de-la-cream of bots can be got by doing lvl 5 missions from Alpha 2 terminal and then just buying it there. Taking a sequer with a mk2 heavy in it to a beta station and TPing out with a black bot isn't that dangerous.

It would also make Beta control more critical when if put in to place you might have to swap meet style trade with island owners to get your bot.

I would actually take this a step further and make the reward a single 1/1 efficient CT that can only be made at a gamma station or fully upgraded beta terminal the CT is destroyed upon manufacturing process. (Materials needed same or more than a mk2 HM + a Mk2 HM)

Come on Zoom think more inside the Skinner box and less of the Pavlov dog drooling over shineys.

Jita this would ensure a 3 way fight as no one could control all 3 or even 2/3s of the islands if it means control over blackbot production.

you wouldn't need to really, you just probe the entrances and have alts logged off on them. I can see why you want it but not sure how positive it would be. In the current game it would work well. In the game a couple of months ago it wouldn't.

Lobo wrote:

Yeah but I don't like the Idea that the cream-de-la-cream of bots can be got by doing lvl 5 missions from Alpha 2 terminal and then just buying it there.

Agreed

Lobo wrote:

It would also make Beta control more critical ...

Beta "control" has a place in this game, definitely. But currently, no island has more than one public terminal. This is not just about station locking.
'

81 (edited by Gekko 2016-02-02 06:58:37)

Lobo wrote:

Little bit late to the party but can a prerequisite or necessary item for a black bot be that you deliver a Mk2 of said variant to a Beta 1 station in exchange for this black bot?

Dont want to site the "other game" but all faction stuff is traded by giving a player made equivalent to keep the produced materials from just appearing in game. To get a navy scorp from faction shop straight up you need the faction points, isk and a regular scorp as a trade.

"Other game" have covert ops frigates for blueprints and cloaked haulers, so no risk taking anything from station in lowsec.
And another game is another game, and not very interesting or most successful one.

82 (edited by Gekko 2016-02-02 07:18:39)

By the way, how about black Rivelers, Lithuses and Symbionts? Are they planned too?

Scarabs? big_smile

83 (edited by Ravel 2016-02-02 07:33:26)

Jita i hate you.

LOL
Black robots, no http://stat8.blog.ru/lr/0b0d5f2cb9771a4 … 3a08b6b989 big_smile

Black Cam MK2

Ravel wrote:

Jita i hate you.

->jita's fault<-

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Gekko wrote:

By the way, how about black Rivelers, Lithuses and Symbionts? Are they planned too?

Scarabs? big_smile

+1

Blacktus or prectus...

What happens when you are at 600 rep, and try to run a lvl 5 mission?

Go try and and find out how many it will take for you to get enough rep for a Blackend bot.

The results are satisfying.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Go try and and find out how many it will take for you to get enough rep for a Blackend bot.

Oh no, not you again...

RIP PERPETUUM

Perpetuum wrote:

even the dumbest player should know what will happen...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Oh no, not you again...

+1

93 (edited by Perpetuum 2016-02-02 20:36:46)

Lobo wrote:

No guessing Lobo's a stupid then!

Anni said it not me.

Wait wait, you farm the tokens on Alpha and hand them to me, I will convert them to a blackend bot for you, NO charge!

I am Perpetuum.

94 (edited by Annihilator 2016-02-02 21:08:07)

Perpetuum wrote:
Lobo wrote:

No guessing Lobo's a stupid then!

Anni said it not me.

Wait wait, you farm the tokens on Alpha and hand them to me, I will convert them to a blackend bot for you, NO charge!

lobo belongs the team that has exploited stuff for years, because "everyone did"it. so his argumentation is probably based on having limitless assests, limitless accumulated EP and NIC, and OFC, having 700 standing with all three factions remaining back from the times when it was to get there with much less missions from beta outposts that... who would have thought that... belong to his team...

and because everyone is on the same level, they can safely run the missions from alpha2 to just grind the tokens. noone needs standing or money

fuuu

disclaimer: only quoting forums

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

95 (edited by Perpetuum 2016-02-02 21:04:35)

First in now, HOT OFF THE PRESS.

WE MAKE GAME BASED AROUND PLAYERS WHO EXPLOIT AND CHEAT.

Balance everything around that, sounds too legit to quit!

These *** skum, all of them should of had all the assets wiped out.  That includes ALL beacon related exploits, all token related exploits, all of them.

Now, Zoom and team are in a *** spot balancing stuff around people who CHEATED to get it all.

I am Perpetuum.

Please stop.  Anni stop spouting off the mouth with stuff you assume and have no backing information with.  Ugh..  This guy is back.  My head hurts.

Common Ville.  We all know everyone exploited beacons to hell and back.

And I mean everyone, all sides, everyone bragged we all saw the beacon pits, Hell ZOOM saw them and did nothing about it for far too long.

Now the "Fix" is to try to hyper inflate all the prices so that the buying power goes down from those who have it all, for ever.  What he isn't taking into consideration is most have converted it over to hard assets seeing what was coming, it wasn't hard to see.

Not to mention the *** that happened with Liquid Epi that had zero risk ect ect.

Oh and a small little token exploit that for some reason no one wants to talk about, but I know Zoom knew about it, and to his credit fixed fast, but was it fast enough? 

Then coming in as a new player looking at the market's I would be discussed.  Nothing is on the market, NOTHING.  I don't care what the prices are, just get the *** market filled.  New players dont know, and dont care what prices are just do something about it.  Use your exploited, and cheated riches for something good at least.

I am Perpetuum.

98 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-02 21:20:28)

I wished I had exploited but it felt so wrong fuuu. Giving back to the new players will only make other more greedy vets richer as they will buy it all and mark it up at high prices, so again BS.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I wished I had exploited but it felt so wrong fuuu. Giving back to the new players will only make other more greedy vets richer as they will buy it all and mark it up at high prices, so again BS.

Thanks for making my point Cele.

See how much this hurts the community at large?   

***, this should of been fixed so much sooner.

I am Perpetuum.

You are *** *** and completely ill informed.  The beacon pits didn't cause inflation you eetard.  It did the opposite it flooded the market with goods.  Causing too much supply and no demand.  Reason mineral prices bottomed out.