Topic: Seeded items in gamma terminals and beta outposts

Could we get some sort of a feature where we can EARN the ability to have seeded items like teleports, mining charges, gates, incubators etc added to our gamma terminals and beta outposts?  It would give us another added dimension to owning these items.  Discuss....

Re: Seeded items in gamma terminals and beta outposts

I have loved how gamma terminals don't have any natural supply. What I would like is some sort of conveyor or item teleport system. But that is basically what you are asking. I would expect heavy energy upkeep.

-1. Gamma is supposed to be wild lands and you are supposed to supply yourself. Also prevents you from shutting yourself in in your fortress.

Khetar wrote:

-1. Gamma is supposed to be wild lands and you are supposed to supply yourself. Also prevents you from shutting yourself in in your fortress.

yes to the first part, no the later.

IMHO a gamma settlement should be able to produce everything that is required to maintain a "living" there, that includes constant losses of equipment.

the only thing that should require importing, should be stuff only the other faction can build on their gammas.

currently, you need to import basics like field container, teleport beacons, etc.. stuff you cannot build for whatever reasons.
together with epriton, one raw plant, one raw mineral - which is required to import, because even if you are a dedicated yellow corp on a yellow gamma, you need to import those other faction minerals to build your basic equip like sensor amps or armor repair modules.

at least, except for the defense turrets, the gamma buildings on their own are neutral.

if you wonder why?
i want to see gamma once to be something that can be called open sandbox world, not just the childrens sandbox in the backyard of the beta islands (1 jump away)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear