Topic: demand version of private transport assigments

Players don't appriciate hauling stuff from place to place. Many suggestions try to circumvent the "placedness" of goods. one of the reasons is that coming up with a NIC value for transport is tricky because private transport assigments are somewhat dormant. One of the biggest obstacles is that they have delivery spans of days when usually the "logistics customer" just wants the item now instead of having to haul or price shop for it.

Instead of being issued by the item owner this type of contract is issued by the carrying capacity owner. He spesifies from which terminal will the volume to be transported will leave, when the departure will take place and when and where the volume will arrive as well as how much volume. For example "Shindalar Main 11:00 8.1.2214 - 60 U - Tellesis Main 13:00 8.1.2214 500 000 NIC, collateral 5 000 000 NIC" . Other agents can accept this by specifying what items from the departure terminal they want to include and paying the cost. This will form very similar / the very same transport assigment as curretnly available.

When shopping for items in the "remote markets" section there should also be a listing for all pending transport assigments from that terminal to your current terminal. There should also be a "buy as couried" button where you buy the item and enter it as the transport cargo to the relevant transport order. This would circumvent the need to be present at the selling location. However the inability to order it elsewhere than where you currently are would be a comparable restriction.

If we have such an UI element the visibility of current style transport assigments could be improved by being able to "buy as couried" as a proactive action. That is you would fill in the current style transport assigments info (except destination forced to be your current terminal) and enter money into escrow for enough to buy the item. Then if/when someone accepts the transport assignment, you immidietly buy the item and it is entered as the cargo to the assigment. If someone else buys the item the transport assignment is canceled. In order for it to serve real ASAP needs the floor on delivery time should be lower. Currently its one day when it could be for example 1 hour

Re: demand version of private transport assigments

This is the opposite to progress. The scarab was a bad thing in that it allowed you to mine in safety in alpha and transport to beta easier than ever. This would make it worse. Logistics should be hard, right now you can put a five man expeditionary pvp pack together with a few spares and fittings in just one scarab. That's not balance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I am meaning for the scarab to be human piloted. The only "hard" mechanic change is lessening the need to be physically present in the selling location when buying.

I do think that the U efficiency between sequer/lithus/scarab would become more apparent but this would be through unobfuscating existing mechanics rather than introducing new ones.

I have an another idea.

What if the piravet assigments is whonw to agents in theire assigment "window"/listing
so they see the priavet assigments first, then the NPC ones?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I have an another idea.

What if the piravet assigments is whonw to agents in theire assigment "window"/listing

best would be having private transport missions at the same page as the npc ones, using same icons.
instead of auto-accepting a random one, the window would switch to the second tab that lists the private assignments.

worst would be forcing me switch the window everytime i open the mission rooster, because it shows me something i have no intention to do at all.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Inda wrote:

I have an another idea.

best would be having private transport missions at the same page as the npc ones, using same icons.
instead of auto-accepting a random one, the window would switch to the second tab that lists the private assignments.

worst would be forcing me switch the window everytime i open the mission rooster, because it shows me something i have no intention to do at all.

I meant that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD