Topic: Question on faction relationships.

Howdy, I am new to the game (only played about a week in open beta) my question pertains too doing assignments and the affect it will have on other factions.

Once I do an assignment I notice that it raises my relationship with one and lowers it with the others.  What is the negative impact for lowering your relationship with the other factions?  Will I not be able to enter those faction terminals if my relationship with them gets too low?  What is the drawbacks of lowering my relationship with them?

Thanks for any info!

Re: Question on faction relationships.

i'd also like to know smile

i mean you get access to better missions if you are above 1 in standing as far as i know but i have no idea what happens if you go too far negative.

When you have negative standing you only have access to level 1. but cumulative negative relation adds like like postive to affect costs and effcenicys of facilities. So -10% relation with a megacorp will mean when you go to there terminals/outposts you will notice a increase in costs to use the facilities there.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

There is an extension to your agent that will increase your positive rep and descrease your negative rep for each point you put in it.  I don't remember what it's called, but it's above the extension that lets you run multiple parallel missions.

I don't know what kind of overall impact this has though.  Is it even worth putting points into?  I mostly run transport missions, so I put points in it...I'll be running transport for all the factions.  Overall, my reputation should increase across the board, even if it's slowly.

It would be interesting if they eventually locked you out of facilities and eventually the entire terminal, but. That would mean never getting that back.  So, just can't use facilities at all if it gets low enough.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

The only thing that may cause a problem running for all is (not sure if this is valid here) that some games you lose as much as twice the rep with the people getting mad at you.
If this is the case you would end up ticking everyone off, and losing with all factions. again, i am not sure how it is run here, would be nice to know though.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Unless you stick to the same 3-4 missions, or specifically try to raise/lower rep with one of the dozens of factions, you'll probably end up negative with only a few factions.

I ran about 20-30 different missions from different Alpha terminals to see a variety, and ended up with most factions being positive, but low rep. Only about 4 factions were negative, but none were very bad.

Someone could probably do some tracking and calculations to figure out the exact bonuses/penalties for each mission. I would bet it's possible to stay positive with all factions, if you wanted to spend the time monitoring it closely enough.

Okay, looking for volunteers to create the mission spreadsheet...

I would like to get to lvl 2's quickly so I am grinding only 3 corps. I hope that the fall back wont be too horrible lol.

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

you
get x standing for the main contracted corp
each x/4 standing for two other corps of the same school
and -x/4 standing for the counterparts of the main contracted corp of the other conglomerates

each rank in "diplomacy" extension should raise the standing gain, and lower the negative by 3% (hmm, just noticed that there is something not working as described)

keep in mind, while the displayed value is runded to two decimal, the internal one is up to 14 decimals.