Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-12-02

Server will be down on 2015-12-02 from 15:00 servertime/CET (14:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.7.1, containing various fixes. Downtime will be about 1 hour long.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-12-02

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2015-12-02

Good stuff Zoom!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

* New: CEOs, Deputy CEOs, PR and HR managers now receive operator status in gamma terminal channels, and are able to change the topic.

Does this work for anyone? I have one report that it doesn't.

5 (edited by Rovoc 2015-12-03 19:03:59)

No where in your patch notes do you mention spawning combat mobs with an indi spawn.  And if this were a "Fix" you mean to tell me that indi beacons were supposed to spawn combat mobs from the start *** off.  Wasting peoples time with this ***.

Yes starred indy beacons have always spawned 3 combat bots as the first wave, otherwise it would be a zero-effort turkey shoot. This was broken in 3.7 and fixed in 3.7.1.

Um indy star beacons never spawned combat robots for me?

forgive me for only playing for a year, as to my knowledge they have never spawned combats.  idk how what patch it was that started playing but i know for a year it hasn't been like this.  Has this gone unnoticed for, i'm gonna assume, 4 years?

If you say that starred indy beacons only spawned 1 single indy officer, then yes, it was broken since whenever.

So they've been broken since forever, you never tested it because you never play your own game.  And all of a sudden oh it's fixed... Yes Fix it jesus.  You know zoom there's a reason vets hate dealing with you fixing this game.  GL man i'll sit here quietly in the corner and watch the brass on the titanic.

Sorry, it wasn't intended to be like that and it couldn't stay like that.

TBH you should buff the reward on TAPs significantly anyway, there's no reason whatsoever to bother doing them over missions.

TAPs will be reworked once we're done with the NPC reworks and they can use the new random spawns.

yes, please buff rewards more.

i don't like it that i have to do anything ingame inbetween the weekends. that spoils my experience.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well I understand that Zoom, please just be nice and communicate your changes.  K thanks bye

SunnyJester: in light of this info I have updated your ticket, but you probably won't get notified because you have archived it.

I actually like the new beacons

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes starred indy beacons have always spawned 3 combat bots as the first wave, otherwise it would be a zero-effort turkey shoot. This was broken in 3.7 and fixed in 3.7.1.

I did a lot stared Indy beacons, and the wave was always either one sequer (light) or one Lithus (mech) in the last ~2 years

And thank you Zoom

Can you check the upgrade rates on the 1star to 2star industrial beacons?  The don't seem to be the same as the faction ones (MUCH less).

"upgrade rates"...?

22 (edited by SunnyJester 2015-12-03 20:47:44)

Sorry ...the drop rates of 2 star industrial beacons from the officers from the 1 star industrial beacons, they seem a lot less than the faction beacons.

It's the same actually, 20% for all starred beacons.

Zoom the reason Indy beacons never spawned combat was due to the ewar/enwar on all the Indy bots.  It's buried here in the forums.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

During the last patch, we lost 2 epi fields on Hokk, we are down from 5 to 3.  Was this done intentionally as I did not see it on the patch notes?