Re: Please extend the sale

TBH at this point I wouldnt mind to even see EP for sale. Something like a years worth of boosted EP (788400) for the same cost as the highest credit package. Make it avail 1 time per account. That way anyone seriously interested in the game can close the gap.

Me too but too many people would cry.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Aye Pod wrote:

TBH at this point I wouldnt mind to even see EP for sale. Something like a years worth of boosted EP (788400) for the same cost as the highest credit package. Make it avail 1 time per account. That way anyone seriously interested in the game can close the gap.

Provided you couldn't go above the skill cap of your account and it costs something worthwhile then why not. I might actually get to sell my accounts!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

They could have it unset you extensions then set your EP to 788000 or actual EP whichever is more. This would make it a skill reset for veterans and a skill boost for noobs.

if your going that way... why not replace the whole time based thingy with active eP grind ?
you get ep for active playing, you boost the rate with microtransactions, and fell less "f'cked" if you did raise the wrong extension, as you would only need to grind your way actively into the other one, instead of waiting another half year for the EP to accumulate.

given the posts above, can any1 post a single good point on the time based EP system that does not propagate "not playing".

new player already get so many EP at once, that the only thing they can do is either:
- spend them all at once, realising that they did something wrong without beeing able to respec
- spend them all at once, following FOTM advices from vets, and sitting in t4 fit heavies from the beginning (as in PvE at the same EP level, there is no reason to use the smaller bot)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The reason I suggest that EP be sold is there is a HUGE gap between veteran and noob. The argument has always been that vets deserve to be ahead because we've spent more $$$ on the game than newer players. If someone wants to come in and drop a moderate chunk of cash then why not let them have a moderate chunk of EP. Id rather have someone motivated to play the game and some money in AC's hands than one dead weight veteran who does nothing more than complain about the game being dead.

Aye Pod wrote:

The reason I suggest that EP be sold is there is a HUGE gap between veteran and noob. The argument has always been that vets deserve to be ahead because we've spent more $$$ on the game than newer players. If someone wants to come in and drop a moderate chunk of cash then why not let them have a moderate chunk of EP. Id rather have someone motivated to play the game and some money in AC's hands than one dead weight veteran who does nothing more than complain about the game being dead.

This is the most accurate statement on the forums about this issue.

You could take a diamond package sell it on steam for $49.99 that comes with a head start EP package of 250k.

Ville wrote:

You could take a diamond package sell it on steam for $49.99 that comes with a head start EP package of 250k.

It's encouraging to see that our players have come to the same conclusion like we did. (Although not THAT expensive.)

More details soon.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

It's encouraging to see that our players have come to the same conclusion like we did. (Although not THAT expensive.)

More details soon.

Be sure to offer players whose accounts are <6 months old the option to upgrade their base accounts for the difference.

61 (edited by JetNexus 2015-12-04 19:48:09)

Annihilator wrote:

given the posts above, can any1 post a single good point on the time based EP system that does not propagate "not playing".

Grinding != playing.

Example: Any interesting game. By the way, addictive not always means interesting.

CCP has a sale is selling eve online for $4.99 on steam.

Gwyndor wrote:

That's an easy decision when you have a monthly subscription.

64 (edited by Gwyndor 2015-12-09 15:53:52)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

edit: removed - I dont know why I even bother trying to hint at the obvious. Continue on with your lucrative business decisions. Don't listen to the people who pay for your ***.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Yes sure, just making it cheap to try out, the hook is the monthly sub which will make up for the low entry price.

Anyhow, I would consider and would not mind paying quality expansions with good content here in Perp.

RIP PERPETUUM

Gwyndor wrote:

edit: removed - I dont know why I even bother trying to hint at the obvious. Continue on with your lucrative business decisions. Don't listen to the people who pay for your ***.

I don't even know what you were trying to suggest with that post so it's a bit hard to listen.

Aye Pod wrote:

The argument has always been that vets deserve to be ahead because we've spent more $$$ on the game than newer players.

Very strange if this is true. I've thought it's more time than money, even with subscription. Years of playing is far more valuable than something like a thousand of dollars.
If it's about money, then why don't we just forget EP and fill ghe cash shop with Mk5 bots that are bound to character and not requiring skills to pilot?

Ville wrote:

Might be a good idea. 1 time per any account.
250kk is a perfect start. It'exactly what needed to have Mk2 Scarab, Riveler(incl. repairer setup) and symbiont. Or a good combat heavy mech, i think. 150-200 is the point when most of the people should stop waiting for EP, because they'll have everything they'll need if spend it properly.

But i don't think that this will make a huge difference to the playerbase. Yes, it'a good idea and some people will buy it, but frankly, you can do stuff in your first days with a group. Lvl-4-5 and you're ready. The problems are... What to do(variety of PvE) and with who. But i haven't tried anomalies yet(soon), so maybe there is something awesome in PvE, it'just my laziness and nooblingles.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

I don't even know what you were trying to suggest with that post so it's a bit hard to listen.

Im suggesting you dont put enough stock into what your playerbase is recommending.

Gwyndor wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Im suggesting you dont put enough stock into what your playerbase is recommending.

I can't make sense on what you are trying to say in your last few posts. Please elaborate.

RIP PERPETUUM

Mr Dude wrote:

Very strange if this is true. I've thought it's more time than money, even with subscription. Years of playing is far more valuable than something like a thousand of dollars.
If it's about money, then why don't we just forget EP and fill ghe cash shop with Mk5 bots that are bound to character and not requiring skills to pilot?

Yes its true. High EP accounts signify that those accounts were around during the subscription years and thus we have spent more $$$ than just the base price of the game. What we have for also playing over the years is large stockpiles of ingame assets.

We cant just forget EP but Im all for items in a cash shop including a "MK5" bot. I said in my post if it gets motivated players to play the game and money in the devs hands, Im all for it.

big_smile

Aye Pod wrote:
Mr Dude wrote:

Yes its true. High EP accounts signify that those accounts were around during the subscription years and thus we have spent more $$$ than just the base price of the game. What we have for also playing over the years is large stockpiles of ingame assets.

We cant just forget EP but Im all for items in a cash shop including a "MK5" bot. I said in my post if it gets motivated players to play the game and money in the devs hands, Im all for it.

big_smile

It'just looks so... Wrong. So... Eve.

I want to have 3m of EP, and i hope i will. But if i can buy it as easily as anything else, i'm suddenly not interested at all, in EP or game, doesn't matter for money or for free.

sale price forever!

F2P Alpha I only. One time "Access all areas" fee. A few other tweaks required to make that work but ... it's an idea.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

F2P Alpha I only. One time "Access all areas" fee. A few other tweaks required to make that work but ... it's an idea.

Interesting.