Topic: Unproduced market injections

Some of the stuff is buyable from NPCs with infinite supply at a given fixed price level. I guess the point is to shield on having extreme scarcitites on some of the things that just need to be available for starting players to get started. However I think this might be done to a kind of extreme degree.

There is a nice mechanic where it can make sense to reverse engineer and have the same good be player produced. This works by the production price being significantly lower than the direct NIC price. However there are some goods where production based option is not avialble and the direct NIC option is the only one. Some of there goods could receive a change where their direct NIC cost would be raised and a production path for them introduced.

Aslo for example artifact charges and mining charges are so cheap that their price is a just a formality. It can go to the extreme that one wonder what would be the difference if miners or scanners just didn't use charges? I can guess there is a minor point in that they still take signifcant U which can be considerable when compared to non-industiral bot cargo holds. However making them economically relevant should be on the cards. Mining charges are a good that seems would have almost guaranteed organic demand.

Also whereas several goods are optainable for cheap global price they are also available very conveniently. Even if a good needs a fixed very low price ceiling that need could still be served by providing it at that price in a single publically enterable terminal. One could boost distirbution and logistics by a) cutting stuff from autosupply on betas b) taking autosupply away from either alpha1 or alpha2 (maybe not both) c) have the same good be at different infinite supplies at different outposts. With optikon C even if there is no organic production of thew item there would still be organic logistics of the item without the game breaking down if the organic logistics would fail to emerge. There is already a precent case for different infinite demands.

Also in a similar game I have seen where NPCs sell a good cheaper in one location than they buy it at another location. In a way these form a kind of implicit transport mission. In order to promote logsitics being part of the game one could have a clockwise and anticlockwise good price gradient in alpha2s. Terminals would autopost a supply order of certain volume per time elapsed to the market which would just accumulate at a price floor. There would be a corresponding infinite demand buy order or similar periodic buyings of lowest bidder. Thus even in the absense of demand for basic game utilities there would be someone circulating goods between the alpha2s. If too many transporters would be up to the task they can compete the price lower but then it would be easier for player entered private transport missions to look good compared to the NPC provided mechanic.

Re: Unproduced market injections

tl,dr ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Make more goods produceable. Make infinite supply exists at current price in fewer locations have it at infinite supply at higher rate elsewhere. Raise the infinite supply price of charges a lot. Make a version of plasma that you can directly buy.

In short take safety wheels off alot even if not completely.

ah, you mean something like a static, NPC market simulation?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Simulation would be overselling it. But a player independent reaosn to move goods yes.

I like a lot of this idea.

I've always had an issue with infinite supply believing that given a fitted arkhe a player should be able to build everything in the game eventually, no market seeds (titan ore required to make titan mining charges is, frankly, ridiculous if you ask me)

but ... for a few reasons (NPC drops, recycling/mining balance, population etc) seeding is necessary. However, having every market seed in every location (there are exceptions but they are few) does seem to cut a potential profession out of the game.

In addition to Rolafen Azec's idea I would like to see the removal of the word "infinite" and instead have an appropriate quantity of item seeded which ticks down to 0 before being refreshed, maybe after a short delay and maybe consider a small amount of distributed NPC demand for seeded items too.

i like how this is done in Elite Dangerous.

there you got a working background simulation for economy, factions and such - and the player is only a factor that is able to push the dynamic in certain directions, but never has the full control.

in case of the market, the player is able to affect the offers of a station by providing it with resources, and buying the products. increasing the wealth of a station affects what kind of missions are offered.

though, for a working npc economy, it requires NPCs... and those are not present...

Why don't they just 'tax' all non-faction items. ie. green bots and equip get a tax when sold in red and blue terminals, red get taxed in blue and green, etc.  This would help make factions an actual thing (right now the different syndicate factions have nearly zero effect on the game).

Altera wrote:

right now the different syndicate factions have nearly zero effect on the game

indeed - and the only two effects they have, are mostly graphical and for confusion of new player.