Re: Theres 14 people in General Chat.

Illiathos wrote:

And the DEVs flagged me an exploiter

I never "flagged you as an exploiter", I even explicitly said so at the end of that topic.

Ville wrote:

This thread isn't to shock the Devs Baer, in fact it's to poke the community of players on this forums and go "Hey, the game needs YOUR help right now.  Stop QQing on the forums and login even if its to idly sit in general chat to bump the population OR better yet play."

Don't get me wrong Ville, I totally agree, the community members here are also responsible for bringing in new players to assist in this. However, Zoom appeared ambivalent to the situation, which pissed me off a bit as a consumer. Even if he didn't mean it that way, I perceived him as non-caring about the games current situation.

Intention means nothing, perception is everything. As someone who is the main voice for the Dev's on this forum, he may want to show a little concern and perhaps attempt to dissuade the situation. Not just throw his arms up and say "What would that do?"

I mean, c'mon.....

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader
"In Life, all that any man truly owns is his own Death!"

28 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-28 14:29:33)

DEV Zoom wrote:

***** You don't think that most developers would have already said "f* this" and get a job that pays at least triple? Yet we're still here.

WHY ... Why are you still here if your working for peanuts??? Why? What motivates you guys to to stay here despite it all?
There's no more possibility for a new influx. Unless we get EVE influx 2.0. Steam launch has been burned. Where else  / how else can the game grow?
I applaud your work ethic & loyalty. But as a Businessman  I have to ask given what you said above: Why are you still here. Its not logical.

Why haven't you just sold the game or the rights or whatever?

Baer Mowser wrote:

Intention means nothing, perception is everything. As someone who is the main voice for the Dev's on this forum, he may want to show a little concern and perhaps attempt to dissuade the situation. Not just throw his arms up and say "What would that do?"

I mean, c'mon.....

Well look at it from Zoom's POV.... he has had to deal with & still does have to deal with a VERY strongly opininated bunch of gamers who have been playing this game for a LONG A-S-S time lol. We tend to grate on his nerves. more & more these days smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obviously it's hard to give up on something that you've been working on for 10 years.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How would that help?

So, you don't think there is a problem with players perceiving the game as "Dead", really? and You don't feel this is a reason for concern or being worried?, really?

You're telling me that I just purchased two accounts for $28.99 each, to play a "Dead" game and that I shouldn't worry about it?

I'd imagine that your Development team should be frantic, attempting to think of ways to dissuade your current and future community members that you are doing everything you can to bring new people into the game. Perception is key bud, if people think this game is "DEAD", it will be.

"How would that help?" Really?

You don't get it. We're doing our best to develop the game. How would worrying and panicking on top of that help?  You don't think that it pains me to see less and less players whatever we do? You don't think that if we had any real publisher, it would have shut us down a long time ago? You don't think that most developers would have already said "f* this" and get a job that pays at least triple? Yet we're still here.

That's what I meant. Rant over.

This is the kind of response you should have given the first time. Now my question to you is, "What can we as members of this community do to help?" Have you guys brainstormed ideas with your current community to help bring more players here?

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

31 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-28 14:33:45)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Obviously it's hard to give up on something that you've been working on for 10 years.

True but there does come a point where a pragmatic view of the situation is needed.

Im not saying "Hey you should just give up" but in any successful business if the basic numbers don't stack up what do you do?

Baer Mowser wrote:

This is the kind of response you should have given the first time. Now my question to you is, "What can we as members of this community do to help?" Have you guys brainstormed ideas with your current community to help bring more players here?

from the DEV blog:

Buddy program
If you invite someone and he/she buys the game, you both get extra EP or credits (to be decided, maybe both)
Account buddy-linking and confirmation will happen ingame due to Steam not having support for this before/while purchasing

One of a few things the community has been begging for the last ..... 5 years ? smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

What I meant is, can we help with advertising? Seriously, I personally didn't even know about this game, had never heard of it at all. I guarantee 90% of the people who might be interested in this game, don't even know it's here. I was brought in by my friend Vaylen, then I brought two others into the game and have every intention of working towards bringing more and more new folks in as much as possible.

I have Recruitment posts for my Corp up on Raptr, Steam, Facebook and here. Yet, no one seems interested because they have no idea what the game is about and with the game being out for so long, and the extension point system being what it is, people may be unwilling to start a game where they will be at a disadvantage because others have been playing longer. How do you fix this? Can you fix this? I'm sure you guys have discussed this before.

Anyway, share ideas, how are we going to bring more people into this community?

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

We intend to create a buddy program as outlined in the roadmap blog, but otherwise word of mouth, positive reviews, youtube videos, etc help.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How would that help?

So, you don't think there is a problem with players perceiving the game as "Dead", really? and You don't feel this is a reason for concern or being worried?, really?

You're telling me that I just purchased two accounts for $28.99 each, to play a "Dead" game and that I shouldn't worry about it?

I'd imagine that your Development team should be frantic, attempting to think of ways to dissuade your current and future community members that you are doing everything you can to bring new people into the game. Perception is key bud, if people think this game is "DEAD", it will be.

You don't get it. We're doing our best to develop the game. How would worrying and panicking on top of that help?  You don't think that it pains me to see less and less players whatever we do? You don't think that if we had any real publisher, it would have shut us down a long time ago? You don't think that most developers would have already said "f* this" and get a job that pays at least triple? Yet we're still here.

What I will never understand is how you deliberately dont do things which could help and bring in money.

We have suggested an affiliate scheme - never happened

A kickstarter style funding system used so well in games such as Mortal and That terrible space game - never happened

Even a funding page for donations - never happened

A cash shop thats decent - never happened.

Now most of this stuff is easily done. The affiliate scheme is a little harder but still easy to outsource.

Why don't you want our money?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

35 (edited by Inda 2015-08-28 14:59:17)

This game is ROCK, we certainly need people, my problem there is not much of a room for casual players, who play the most, so what I still miss more casual contents (PVE) as the mission rwamp was.

10 000 / player casuals />  1 000 player / semi-hardcores /> 100 player / hardcores /

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

This game is ROCK, we certainly need people, my problem there is not much of a room for casual players, who play the most, so what I still miss more casual contents (PVE) as the mission rwamp was.

10 000 / player casuals />  1 000 player / semi-hardcores /> 100 player / hardcores /

It really is. And every attempt to widen the appeal gets shot down.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Inda wrote:

Well, I see quite a bit of this games "Content" as player created. Which means that we as Corporations should be creating content, events, duties, that give people from the Casual to Hardcore level, something to do to benefit themselves and the Corporations they belong to no matter how much time they have to actually commit to the game.

It is possible.

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:

What I will never understand is how you deliberately dont do things which could help and bring in money.

We have suggested an affiliate scheme - never happened

A kickstarter style funding system used so well in games such as Mortal and That terrible space game - never happened

Even a funding page for donations - never happened

A cash shop thats decent - never happened.

Now most of this stuff is easily done. The affiliate scheme is a little harder but still easy to outsource.

Why don't you want our money?

It's pretty clear Jita from what Zoom said, it's not a business anymore , just a hobby now. I really feel bad to how it has turned out, but if they can't fix 'the big stuff' like graphics and cool game play content and turn the game around in a large way then I don't see this going anywhere with the last plans.

These large overhaul features needed are not possible therefore I am out. +5 years playing and supporting the game, it's time now to decide not to waste another 5 waiting.

RIP PERPETUUM

Then they should sell it to someone who can make the game work and has the vision to do it properly.

At this point whats the game even worth, $15k?

I've been the first to talk sh*t about Zoom when the Devs were doing bad things, now I'll be the first to say they're doing good work lately.

The fact Zoom didn't spoon-feed you a generic c/p reply but actually showed his underlying frustration (which the newbie mislabeled as ambivalence), gives him all the more credit.

Zoom the important thing right now is to keep doing the small things bit by bit. You know better then us how many times the Dev team went into a 3-6-X month development cycle with no communication whatsoever, don't take us back to those days. A patch every few weeks, a few features and tweaks... I'd rather take 6 months worth of those small patches and improvements, then 1 big patch with a new broken unbalanced mechanic.

Nothing happens overnight.

I'm starting to worry about you...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Illiathos wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:

I would think that you'd be a little worried that no one is playing the game.

How would that help?

Because your revenue is tied to how many players play the game?

Incorrect. It's based on how many [s]suckers[/s] people *buy* the game.   

Zoom, you should charge for forum use. The population is much higher here.

43 (edited by Baer Mowser 2015-08-28 18:05:02)

Naismith wrote:

I've been the first to talk sh*t about Zoom when the Devs were doing bad things, now I'll be the first to say they're doing good work lately.

The fact Zoom didn't spoon-feed you a generic c/p reply but actually showed his underlying frustration (which the newbie mislabeled as ambivalence), gives him all the more credit.

Zoom the important thing right now is to keep doing the small things bit by bit. You know better then us how many times the Dev team went into a 3-6-X month development cycle with no communication whatsoever, don't take us back to those days. A patch every few weeks, a few features and tweaks... I'd rather take 6 months worth of those small patches and improvements, then 1 big patch with a new broken unbalanced mechanic.

Nothing happens overnight.

Offtopic much?

I never once said the Dev's weren't doing their job or anything about content patches. He was being ambivalent with regards to the topic being discussed here, "Player Population", nothing else. The rest of this all sound like your concerns, don't bring me into your BS.

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

I'm talking to Zoom not you, when I have something to tell you there will be a representative to give you my regards and give you a notice to pack your sh*t.

This is cyclical.  Everytime Ville starts, Jita Chimes in telling everyone how bad the Dev's are, and what we have already told them what will make the game great in some mystical world.

Then Syndic comes in and tells everyone he already told everyone about everything telling everything.

Other smaller comments of note.

Nothing new.

I am Perpetuum.

Naismith wrote:

I'm talking to Zoom not you, when I have something to tell you there will be a representative to give you my regards and give you a notice to pack your sh*t.

Thank you for giving me a reason to pick a side.

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

Baer Mowser wrote:
Naismith wrote:

The reality is simple, you actually do not have a choice.

We the POE, choose who we want in the game, or who we want to grind out of the game.
Your input matters little.

I am Perpetuum.

48 (edited by Race Drones 2015-08-29 00:14:23)

Ville wrote:

New players are asking if anyone plays...  sad

Players Online in the last hour Info at Login screen (like wallet health and extension points) = Surprise !.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

49 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-29 00:41:20)

Baer Mowser wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Thats the pint.. we need more targets yarr

Perpetuum wrote:

This is cyclical.  Everytime Ville starts, Jita Chimes in telling everyone how bad the Dev's are, and what we have already told them what will make the game great in some mystical world.

Then Syndic comes in and tells everyone he already told everyone about everything telling everything.

Other smaller comments of note.

Nothing new.

And then Perpetuum makes a useless post. NOW the cycle is complete smile

Naismith wrote:

HAHA  this made my afternoon.

Don't forget to give him some nic for his troubles cool