Topic: The return of the lag

Zoom, not sure if you are aware but lag spikes have increased greatly over last 2 days. During our wanderings over 2 beta islands it was common to get spikes up to 30K ms or N/A for up to 20 seconds, then it all comes good in one big rush and is ok for another maybe 2 - 3 mins

Thank god there was no PVP cause it would have been unplayable. As it was it was so bad we decided to go play something else, it was just unplayable. It was affecting other people from all over as well including Russia and New Zealand.

PS: Was also happening on Alpha..

Re: The return of the lag

same here, my ping plot is okay.

please look into this.

I have also checked out with my isp. They informed that the quality of line I have with them has improved (less noise), they reset the router at the exchange, took of interleaving and this has made no difference. We have run pingplotter and seen no ping issues, but internally in game that lag has been very bad. At this same time I have also run speedtests to Amsterdam and the upload and down speed was well within normal levels.

currently not playable

Physical LAG ok.

Server LAG all over the place.

http://imgur.com/a/WKAZE

Black screen TP LAG
Rubber band and cover the same piece of ground multiple times.
You name it  5k, 10k, 80k. LAG all over the place for everyone.

Australia
New Zealand
Austria
Russia and also USA

Confirmed, your hampsters are not very friendly right now, during the EU and US timezones it was fine so either it just started up or its just happening in this time zone, as for me, I did a few router and modem resets, no effect.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

It's been present for over a week on gamma, I first thought it was me but past two days were bad.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I also rubberband on gamma but my lag never seems to go past 300.

fix is **** pls.

Just @ Game

i see a trend here

everytime someone does something on Gamma with more then two agents, someone starts a lag topic.
does the number of active, powered gamma buildings maybe corelated with it?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well those Hungarian *** decided to lift the three stations ban and so you can wall off islands again.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Well doing pingplotter I see my ISP has a bad evening, but more interesting I see several spikes in the as5580.net be it this evening, or yesterday morning.

I know this it not exactly representable, but spikes up to several hundred ms for one of the hops is always suspicious to me.

Jita wrote:

Well those Hungarian *** decided to lift the three stations ban and so you can wall off islands again.

So that's why there's lag? Where is Zoom these days?

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Annihilator 2015-08-13 22:50:10)

Celebro wrote:

maybe he burned out, literally. given the temperatures we had the last few weeks (and HUN usally has it worse then GER)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It does not seem to lag. This is similar to the freezing of the server. For example, NPC start shooting at me and starts "lag". After 10 seconds 'lag' is over, but I have full HP.
First I noticed about a week ago.

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

He realised this mission patch they spent six months on hasn't added any new subs and have decided to drink themselves to death.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The server just *** the bed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

fix this mess, please

Logged back out, cant even log back in now, looks like the server screwed the pooch.

Who didn't pay the internet Bill?

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Logged back out, cant even log back in now, looks like the server screwed the pooch.

Same. 
The lag in the last two weeks have only been getting worse and more frequent.

logicalNegation wrote:
BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Same. 
The lag in the last two weeks have only been getting worse and more frequent.

Its the lag cycle that seems to happen on yearly basis or even half year basis around these parts, curious what happens this time around. smile

22 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-08-14 03:28:29)

Double post

Perpetuum ran out of money.. GG BOYS

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Well just to confirm its been plenty fine for hours now, fixed itself or something.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Perpetuum ran out of money.. GG BOYS

It ran out of money in 2012, thats where the other Devs went, they didn't leave they are just turning tricks in Budapest Docks to keep the servers going