Re: These *** npcs on gamma!

Jita wrote:

You would need to move a base and two turrets, both of which could be charged using energy transfers. All of that could be t1 meaning your talking about a deconstruction cost of a third of 540 blocks.

Also it's not just the cost of HDT or liquizit or any other mined substance but the cost and ease of logistics and risk.

Your argument still is based upon if people would want to not or not rather than concrete prevention. Considering you actively campaigned to keep mission and beacon abuse as game mechanics I find it hard relying on your goodwill to balance this already deeply damaged economy.

Why wouldn't walls do the same job?

Walls don't stop npcs.  I've seen roaming spawns teleport through walls.  And energy transfers have ~300m range?  Npcs Aggro at 400 M. Npc will teleport on top of you and kill your transfer bot.  Then your miners.  2 turrets?  To protect your miner from players?  You can get sniped by a Seth from a different angle.  Your what if scenarios are impractical and don't work all the while missing the big elephant in the window.  YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING ON ALPHA!  With no roaming npcs OR pvpers and just haul it in.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Celebro wrote:

It's different and production.

53 (edited by Celebro 2015-08-04 14:59:39)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It's different and production.

Well, I doubt the production bonus is worth the effort unless you are replacing bots on a huge scale, which currently is not really possible with the amount of PVP out there.

On your topic let's just say I have always been against most mechanical changes that makes any botting harder, at the expense of those who do it the right way. Botting should be taken care of with bans.

RIP PERPETUUM

The trouble is Celebro, Zoom wont do it as you 'can't prove it'

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Don't like the idea of Gamma becoming a botting paradise, although it's still is a pvp area so the idea of botting is kind of moot, as players could take care of that easily, I would assume. I would worry more about alphas though.

I really don't know how bad the NPC situation is atm, I have been able to get away quite easily at 70km/h solo. If gamma is centered around group play, as I think it should be, is dealing with NPCs that much of an issue?

RIP PERPETUUM

It is pretty bad and they do need to bring turrets in to shooting NPC's. Its just about doing that in a way that doesn't support botting and beacon abuse. When making the change it just needs a couple of supporting tweaks.

They are already doing:

A) they don't drop loot
B) you can switch the functionality off
C) turrets prioritize people over rats when shooting

They just need a couple more such as:

D) Turrets don't shoot beacon rats
E) Dropping a base moves any mining spot 3km away

and then why not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Celebro wrote:

Don't like the idea of Gamma becoming a botting paradise, although it's still is a pvp area so the idea of botting is kind of moot, as players could take care of that easily, I would assume. I would worry more about alphas though.

I really don't know how bad the NPC situation is atm, I have been able to get away quite easily at 70km/h solo. If gamma is centered around group play, as I think it should be, is dealing with NPCs that much of an issue?

Can we get a clear definition of all these easily bottable tasks and the value added from it?

I understand the botting and mutli-boxing side of this game pretty in combat PvE and Pvp but not the industry sector, so my question is what is so detrimental here?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Exactly the same things as were detrimental on Alpha.

Without roaming NPC's EVERY action is bottable. From doing beacons to mining to noralgis. What makes that exponentially harder is some roaming spawn that will ruin your day by changing the standard variables. Even that is bottable ofc but it just makes it a lot harder and so less worth it.

I'm not saying its a big issue, im just saying that you guys have pushed botting on alpha as a problem based upon the imaginary idea that I'm doing it and apparently 'some russians' I fully agree that botting should be stopped if its happening and Zoom has just agreed to bring back red rats on Alpha. Why would we then create this problem again on Gamma? Small changes will fix it.

When a scarab looter gets stuck on a field can it's pretty obvious what's going on... Especially for 3 hours...

Lemon wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Can we get a clear definition of all these easily bottable tasks and the value added from it?

I understand the botting and mutli-boxing side of this game pretty in combat PvE and Pvp but not the industry sector, so my question is what is so detrimental here?

Dear *** Goodness.  It was, and continues to be our side, the POE, that continues this line of stupid thought.

Now I have to be tactful I suppose.  But this is crazy.  We are continually ignoring the facts of smugness that we continued.  Now we have to flip around and try to defend them.

Right now, everyone thinks that everyone is botting everything.  We are all botting mining, PVP, PVE, hell even on the forums its just forum bots going at it back and forth. 

Also if you don't know how bad the NPC problem is, then don't post a opinion on it.  Your only make yourself look stupid, and or, ignorant.

Way to accept the premise that botting is rampant in this game.  When it is NOT, without at doubt.

I am Perpetuum.

Jita wrote:

I'm not saying its a big issue, im just saying that you guys have pushed botting on alpha as a problem based upon the imaginary idea that I'm doing it and apparently 'some russians' I fully agree that botting should be stopped if its happening and Zoom has just agreed to bring back red rats on Alpha. Why would we then create this problem again on Gamma? Small changes will fix it.

I really want to roll my eyes at this post.

But, now that we want something, we have to ignore the demagoging we did forcing the imaginary botting on the player base.

I am Perpetuum.

If vets are on gamma for no valid reason and cry for some NPCs , excuse me if some people think there's a hidden agenda; Hardened vets with 10 alts who can't deal with NPCs, whilst they boast about 'controlling the server' let me leave for a second to laugh it off.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don't think bottling is rampant. I know everyone in joke couldn't be arsed and has full hanged access and so wouldn't need to. No idea about former alliance members so don't know. Pretty sure CIR and PHM won't bother, they made their money off beacon and mission abuse and industrial account sharing that everyone used to do before the devs changed their mind.

None of that is the point.

The point is why introduce a mechanic without planning ahead. The real question is why ville and his friends want the feature without the protection? Why are you so opposed to having turrets shoot NPCs, but with a couple of small low impact changes to prevent bundles of sticks?

I want Turrets shooting NPCs, don't even think twice I don't.  What I want in the mean time is NPCs thinned, so some of the islands that aren't a huge landmass and have pennisulas and narrow passes stop getting *** up by NPCs.

Walls don't stop NPC's, they go through them.

NPC's roam near terminals, people get killed on the undock.

Solution is to either stop NPC's from roaming near player terminals, make walls actually work, or have turrets shoot NPC's.

If someone like Jita wants to bot Alpha materials, he can bot them on Alpha without any investment.

Ville wrote:

I want Turrets shooting NPCs, don't even think twice I don't.  What I want in the mean time is NPCs thinned, so some of the islands that aren't a huge landmass and have pennisulas and narrow passes stop getting *** up by NPCs.

Yeah that seems like a good interim until they can implement turret shooting NPCs properly. Who asked for more on gamma anyway? They drop crap loot and are pain anyway.

Ville wrote:

When a scarab looter gets stuck on a field can it's pretty obvious what's going on... Especially for 3 hours...

What does this mean? More detail please. Also message me and vids if you have them. If it is bottling they need banning, at least for thirty days or some ***. I got banned for a year for something everyone did?

Please thin the herds,  OR PUT A RESPAWN TIMER ON THEM!

This is the, keep b1tching until something has changed, phase.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

It works for Jita.

Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

It works for Jita.

That sounds like Credit to Jita.

You sure are lowering yourself.

I am Perpetuum.

72 (edited by BadAss 2015-08-07 13:55:10)

that the kind of people you are, themselves complicate life ... and most of all those asked, who do not play lol

scheme inquiries:

"A" side of asking for such changes that the "B" side was worse live

"B" side of asking for such changes that the "A" side was worse live

(change npc, more dangerous, change mining, more goal in beta, change change change..... mb just Alt+F4) wink

Just @ Game

No, i'm asking for things that I think would make the game better. They will sometimes (fairly often) make my own life harder not better. Sometimes thats still the right thing to do.

It would be easy if there was a spawn all mk2 mechs button in my hanger, that doesn't make it good gameplay or a good game. If you did less botting and more thinking you might recognise the difference ***.

when I had only one account, and I used to Gropho farm on the island of telezis. I farm slowly, you bring 3 accounts (as it should be for the farm) .... and remember what said to me?

question does not require an answer, just to refresh your memory

Just @ Game

You were the same guy badass who used a terrible loop mouse macro that would lock players, you stopped farming in tellers is cause peanut would *** with you.