Topic: These *** npcs on gamma!

Please please please please please listen to your gamma players. These npcs are way too much!!  It's beyond frustrating and annoying.  I get you want risk there but omfg.  All I wanted to do was move a sequer, 45 minutes of waiting later I walked my combat across the island to get gang *** by observers while battling an industrial spawn.  You wonder why Gammas not more populated?  The risk is too damn high!!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: These *** npcs on gamma!

Turrets VS NPC for the love of god please... pretty please with a cherry on top

I'm sure its nothing to do with this:

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=kill-rela … l_id=50517

Or the hundreds of sequers and arkhes dying over the last few months by PoE.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Boys still gotta learn, practice makes perfect. smile

Naismith wrote:

Boys still gotta learn, practice makes perfect. smile

Learn how to abuse beacons?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

STOP DERAILING EVERY *** THREAD!  Jesus it's not all about you!  Fix these Freaking *** NPC Packs!

Ville wrote:

STOP DERAILING EVERY *** THREAD!  Jesus it's not all about you!  Fix these Freaking *** NPC Packs!

Do you feel better now?

It still doesn't answer the questions about your motivation for this change. Given that this is alongside your problem with 'dropping cans' (read beacons) found in the below I see a pattern emerging.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … field-can/

Maybe if you actually had a gamma terminal you'd understand these problems until then why are you posting on matters that concern gamma(a place where you don't live).  Go back to trying to get beta open to benefit, which would only benefit you.

This is PITA!

I had the same problem before. You are forced to work as a team EVERY TIME!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

This is PITA!

I had the same problem before. You are forced to work as a team EVERY TIME!

Which is Fine IF THE SERVER had a population!!!  This needs to scale!  With population.  Right now spawn size needs to be cut in 1/3rd and the number of spawns need to be cut in half!

So put a *** PING OUT!!!

Stop being so *** lazy, and ask us for help.

I am Perpetuum.

Dumbass's cry cry cry bout gamma sucking with nothing to do.

Zoom fixes.

Cry cry cry about how hard it is to live on gamma.

*** OFF.  Stop Making Stupid treads.

I am Perpetuum.

Turrets shooting NPC's would be a godsend for all Gamma dwellers.

It would certainly make macroing easier

Why's everyone got to be macroing Jita??  Not everyone is a shadey *** trying to do sketchy ***.  It's hard to put Pvp targets out on gamma with npcs up people's *** every 4 minutes.

Because he thinks everyone is like him, ergo everyone is botting. lol

You can attack me personally if it makes you feel better but the main reason - that you all stated - for the reintroduction of red rats to Alpha 2 was preventing botting. By making turrets shoot rats you are basically creating the same safety on Gamma provided you drop a station and a couple of turrets.

I agree that red rats on Alpha is a good thing. I just think that if your going to bring turrets shooting NPC's on Gamma you need to have a few conditions in there such as:

No beacons within 1500m of a turret

Building a structure moves a mining spot 3km from any structure

Otherwise your encouraging botting in perfect safety and thats something that I hope we are all against.

Living on Gamma should require teamwork. If your corporation is not big enough to handle it, don't move there. It is meant to be endgame content.
Turrets on NPCs will promote botting and abusing observer artifacts, Jita's idea with a minimum spawn range is a good one.

19 (edited by Ville 2015-08-03 15:59:54)

Khetar wrote:

Living on Gamma should require teamwork. If your corporation is not big enough to handle it, don't move there. It is meant to be endgame content.
Turrets on NPCs will promote botting and abusing observer artifacts, Jita's idea with a minimum spawn range is a good one.

I'm been waiting on this uneducated opinion.  Before we even talk about teamwork let's look at the population of the server.  Find a group of 5 players in 1 corp actively playing who aren't alts.  There's 30 dudes in general chat during my Timezone and out of those thirty I see 2 or my alts.  Id be willing to bet there's about 150ish unique players across all Timezones.  Finding a corporation that has those 6 people who are interested in gamma is next to impossible.  In my corp alone there's 6 active players across all time zones: me, Abe, race, Carlitos, Toni, and toel.  4 of those players are outside my Timezone.  Leaves 2 guys in my Timezone.  2 guys to battle npcs, 3 packs of observers and 8 to 10 spawns.  While trying to get some noralgis picked.

There's no epriton on gamma.  So what are you going to bot????  Liquizit??  HDT??  FFS if I'm going to move a base out there, supply it with energy and put up turrets just for 200 million HDT, I just lost money.  Same with liquizit!! 

And Your logic on abusing observer stash?  First is have to find it, then put up a base and supply it with energy then build turrets....  All for an observer stash?

You can't sprawl gamma stuff, you have small little bubbles you can build in and that's it.  If you think for a second we undock and hit a scan on artifacts and 15 of them pop under my feet it's even more evident you haven't scanned on gamma. 

There's no walling off areas there's red zones.  And getting interrupted every 5 minutes with instantaneously spawning roaming caravans not how I want to spend an evening.  I'd like to be able to do what I want to do when I log into a game that I want to play.

Jita wrote:

Building a structure moves a mining spot 3km from any structure.

This would make it very hard to mine collixum wink  Come out to gamma and actually play the game, you might figure it out!

I just for the record I don't like being turtled up behind teraforming and turrets I'd like more space to pvp in.

I don’t understand your argument, to summerise what you guys are saying:
Adding red spawns on Alpha stops botting.
Removing red spawns from Gamma (which is what turrets for all intents and purposes will do) is not going to cause botting because…
a)    All Gamma people are too nice
b)    Botting isn’t really worth it on Gamma even though it is on Alpha
c)    You don’t live on Gamma so nerr nerr

Jita wrote:

I don’t understand your argument, to summerise what you guys are saying:
Adding red spawns on Alpha stops botting.
Removing red spawns from Gamma (which is what turrets for all intents and purposes will do) is not going to cause botting because…
a)    All Gamma people are too nice
b)    Botting isn’t really worth it on Gamma even though it is on Alpha
c)    You don’t live on Gamma so nerr nerr

It is ok to take breaks from posting Jita, when you lose your logic we see these kinds of posts.

Ville is not asking for the removal of bots but proper tuning, we all know you can read and comprehend.

Tuning to be done through a number of methods for example.

A) Enable turrets attacking NPC's
        -Many have already stated the range issue on Turrets currently both for players and NPC's
B) Scale the NPC population in relation to the player population

Why you are doom and glooming this thread is.... up to you...

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

I think turrets shooting NPC's is a good thing and I supported it right from the beginning. I'm just saying that you need to do it in a way that doesn't promote botting and beacon abuse.

It's already been discussed that if the turret kills the NPC's they won't drop anything.