Topic: Tile charges revealing ore amount

As it is now, when we're mining liquids, we only need to mine one tile. As such, directional charges are the only ones that are actively used. When you get the X, you just drop a can under it and start mining that tile. For the liquids, other tiles are obviously unnecessary. So we need to find a new purpose for them.

My recommendation: if the tile charge finds a field, on top of finding the tiles of that field (current function), it says how much of a certain resource is in that field (for example, epriton goes around 25-30million per field)

Re: Tile charges revealing ore amount

Illiathos wrote:

As it is now, when we're mining liquids, we only need to mine one tile. As such, directional charges are the only ones that are actively used. When you get the X, you just drop a can under it and start mining that tile.

That's not quite true because you'll get an X even if you're only near the field. (5 tiles I think?)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

As it is now, when we're mining liquids, we only need to mine one tile. As such, directional charges are the only ones that are actively used. When you get the X, you just drop a can under it and start mining that tile.

That's not quite true because you'll get an X even if you're only near the field. (5 tiles I think?)

But you can randomly select a couple tiles and hit it anyways. With 100% accuracy, i never fail to find a field within 10 seconds of the X.

Illiathos wrote:

As it is now, when we're mining liquids, we only need to mine one tile. As such, directional charges are the only ones that are actively used. When you get the X, you just drop a can under it and start mining that tile. For the liquids, other tiles are obviously unnecessary. So we need to find a new purpose for them.

My recommendation: if the tile charge finds a field, on top of finding the tiles of that field (current function), it says how much of a certain resource is in that field (for example, epriton goes around 25-30million per field)

The current tile scan will show the heat map. From that you can 'determine' how much is in a mine field (ore or liquid).  Do you want a tile scan to tell the total pulls available from a field? I don't see this feature adding to the use of tile charges for liquid fields or not.  You will still either just use a directional and live worth the field you find or run a tile scan and look at the size and color of the field to decide if it is worth bringing your 11 miners out.

Altera wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

The current tile scan will show the heat map. From that you can 'determine' how much is in a mine field (ore or liquid).  Do you want a tile scan to tell the total pulls available from a field? I don't see this feature adding to the use of tile charges for liquid fields or not.  You will still either just use a directional and live worth the field you find or run a tile scan and look at the size and color of the field to decide if it is worth bringing your 11 miners out.

Any field is worth bringing 11 miners out. tongue
I'm just saying that all epi fields if not mined are around 20-30 million big. I would use a tile scanner if it showed me an exact number, but i cant determine that from heat maps. From those, you can find out if the field is massive or small, but anything between is hard to say.