Topic: Cargo increase

With the removal of sparks, it might be a good idea to start considering increasing the cargo of robots, or implementing a cargo expander module.

Currently even the Scarab Mk2 is not enough to facilitate moving stuff around, and it will be even worse when travel times increase without sparks.

What do you think Zoom?

Re: Cargo increase

Trailers. Works on the same mechanic as follow bots.

why not give the scarab mk2 a large buff in cargo space? Maybe up the matts needed to build it? & skills to use it?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

4 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-29 14:48:52)

Sparks don't transport goods and the new island layouts will facilitate transportation, either way I am indifferent, slight cargo increase is not game breaking.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 for cargo expanders
I don't know why but everyone that comes from eve scoffs at the idea that there is not a cargo expander module.
Let armor take a hit, add some cargo space (maybe with # of module limitations/ or stacking penalties if that gets implemented).  Whatever doesn't exceed the base-cargo size of the next class above. (IE: full-cargo fitted lithus should still be <720U)  This should set up a reasonable progression.

With reds on alpha-2 this will be a cost-benefit decision on the part of the player. 

Otherwise this will at least addresses some of the initial culture-shock some 'transitioning' players seem to have a hard time getting over.

Celebro wrote:

Sparks don't transport goods and the new island layouts will facilitate transportation, either way I am indifferent, slight cargo increase is not game breaking.

Sparks allow players to spark back after arriving, jump in another Scarab Mk2 and take the same beacon chain to the destination. With sparks, only 1 trip back is necessary to return a Scarab Mk2 full of Scarab Mk2's. Scarabception.

Without sparks, the process will be drastically slower as each trip will include a return-trip.

DEV Zoom what do you think?

+1 to expanding the cargo size or Super Hauler T5 or mk3

8 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-29 17:26:09)

Naismith wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Sparks allow players to spark back after arriving, jump in another Scarab Mk2 and take the same beacon chain to the destination. With sparks, only 1 trip back is necessary to return a Scarab Mk2 full of Scarab Mk2's. Scarabception.

Without sparks, the process will be drastically slower as each trip will include a return-trip.

DEV Zoom what do you think?

We would call that a nerf to vet players then, as you need more than 1 Scarab, although I doubt that trick was intended.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 for a cargo expander: increase size a bit, decrease speed a little bit [we're not in space afterall] and decrease armor.

Naismith wrote:

With the removal of sparks, it might be a good idea to start considering increasing the cargo of robots, or implementing a cargo expander module.

Currently even the Scarab Mk2 is not enough to facilitate moving stuff around, and it will be even worse when travel times increase without sparks.

What do you think Zoom?

I actually think the implementation of the scarab was a bad thing for the game. I know it seems like a good idea making logistics easier but it really isn't. It reduces risk, makes asset accumulation easier and makes it much easier to do mining in one place and transport the minerals to another thereby reducing the risk element of Beta or Gamma mining for instance.

I want my life easier too tbh, It's just not great for balance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."