Topic: T5

I generally don't like the idea of random mods as it take control away from players. Anyhow you can still keep producing the random one until you hit the one you want, how is that different from more expensive mods anyways.

I propose only racial mods 1 type, with only one purpose fitted on a new centre slot . Once fitted your bot will have sliders to fine tune (within limits) your robot stats: damage, speed, range, or harvesting speed etc.

Bots has slightly better abilities to t4 mods but also with the added bonus of convenience as you only need just a single module.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: T5

I like this one actually. +1

Zortarg wrote:

only thing i dont like is the random stats on items.
how will you hande hundrets and thousands of items ppl have in their storage already. all getting randomized stats mean you cant stack them anymore. and you have to check all the items you produce or have how good they realy are.

also this just increases the costs of high quality equip because ppl will mass produce and scrap the rest.
sounds more or less like a increase in item costs in general. that can be done more easy...

sry but thats more a nuisance then a usefull feature.
i would prefere specialized equip as t5. better in one area.. worse in the other.

Zortarg wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

only thing i dont like is the random stats on items.
how will you hande hundrets and thousands of items ppl have in their storage already. all getting randomized stats mean you cant stack them anymore. and you have to check all the items you produce or have how good they realy are.

also this just increases the costs of high quality equip because ppl will mass produce and scrap the rest.
sounds more or less like a increase in item costs in general. that can be done more easy...

sry but thats more a nuisance then a usefull feature.
i would prefere specialized equip as t5. better in one area.. worse in the other.

+1

Leave theme park garbage in theme parks.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

rng, love it!

Here is my view:

Add some mobs like bosses or sorta, maybe combined with missions. Note - that shouldn't be observers cuz those bots will have different purpose.

So you need some team to deal with that boss. In his loot you can find some special item, let's call it "unusual" (i.e. "Unusual Gauss Gun".

In the terminal, you can "research" it (completely different from kernel research). This new operation reveals to you what was so "unusual" in that item - some upgraded part. In gauss guns, for example, that could be enlarged barrel, or extended magazine, or improved trigger system, etc. Each part will have it's own bonuses and drawbacks, which will be more or less random - like, enlarged barrel could have stats like "+15% range, +6% energy consumption", etc.

Each unusual part also will have "complexity points" - a random or stat-based attribute which purpose I'll explain later.

Each item will consist from 3 to 5 (or any other number) of such unusual parts. Let's now imagine that you collected full set of parts for a gauss gun. Having them all, you perform some brand new operation - "T5 prototyping" - on a special window you kilda "construct" your gauss gun prototype using these parts - just put all the parts in appropriate slots. There is one limitation - each part, as said above, have it's own complexity points, and overal complexity of a prototype shouldn't be more than some specific value - that encourages you to combine different parts with different stats trying to get the weapon of your dream. Once you've done constructing your prototype, you press "Finish" button and voila - you got your protutype with all the stats it's parts had. That prototype you can then equip or reverse-engineer and mass-produce, whatever - like you do with common prototypes.

Later you can apply such system to everything - any tier fits, robots, etc. Items produced in that way could have corptag or player name in the name or description - like "produced by DoY" or "produced by Ville", whatever. That will allow players to create their own brands.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I like the creativity of all this.....adds pve as well....and this attracts pve players...and the game needs more pve players...and pve players may eventually turn to pvp because they had a good fun experience and want to expand...and that is the point of the game isnt it....not forcing people to play according to other mechanic.

Keep it coming...more genuine creativity