Topic: [Assignments] Teleport back to field terminal

When you finish an assignment, the only location you can teleport back is the main terminal, regardless of where you accepted the assignment. This discourages accepting missions at field terminals, as you have to run back to them manually.

My suggestion is to add the field terminal from which you accepted your last mission as additional teleport location. I think this will make running assignments on field terminals more efficient and thus encourage people to spread out more, which is not the case right now as seen on the recent heatmaps.

Example:
1. Accept mission at field terminal SHI-18 on Shinjalar
2. Finish mission
3. You may now choose to teleport back to the main terminal or field terminal SHI-18.

Re: [Assignments] Teleport back to field terminal

+1 makes so much sense!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

with loot table revamp i see no reason for this.

if you look at the heatmap, you see that its not good that all field terminals offer all missions at all times.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I wouldn't draw any serious conclusions from those maps yet, that's only about 2 weeks worth of data.

Annihilator wrote:

with loot table revamp i see no reason for this.

if you look at the heatmap, you see that its not good that all field terminals offer all missions at all times.

What does the loot revamp has anything to do with it?

It's not about your cargo getting full, it's about teleporting back to terminal is way efficient than running to a field terminal to accept another mission.

Btw if this is done, plus the external base usage, why would you ever use a field terminal for missioning? People would just jump back and forth to the main terminal all the time.

The return teleport wasn't intended to be used all the time, just for when you're done with missioning for the day, or end a session. Otherwise, yeah, you should go to the nearest field terminal next to where your last mission ended. Efficiency is bad once it takes the game out of the game.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I wouldn't draw any serious conclusions from those maps yet, that's only about 2 weeks worth of data.

no, really.
there is no reason to do a combat mission away from terminal/outpost.
Transport missions are the same, since you end up in nowhere land, the quick teleport home is the fastest way to get a new mission.
harvest and mining missions ask you to deliver at a (field)terminal anyway, and the others i have not yet done a single one.

now jasdemi - whats the point of picking up the combat mission from the same terminal all the time? you start beeing lazy here

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rewards from assignments - tokens mainly - end up in the field terminal where you accepted an assignment. Thats a reason to want to go to the same terminal again and again.

In a way the above is a disincentive to run to the nearest field terminal to where you completed you last assignment because you end up having to run around to many terminals picking up the rewards when "you're done with missioning for the day, or end a session" as Zoom put it.

May I suggest that, instead, you are able to choose a destination terminal (on same island) to which to send rewards? And that choice is remembered from assignment to assignment and log in session to log in session.