Topic: Beta Field terminal Mission Taxes

So im wondering, when you accept a field terminal missions on Beta who gets the mission Tax from that field terminal?

If currently no one would, I was thinking why not not assign Tax ownership to near by Beta outposts. This would provide a nice boost & incentive to outpost owners & would provide more benefits to encouraging or allowing new players to mission on Beta since Owners would benefit from taxes not just from missions accepted in their outposts but also from the field terminals near by.

Also each Beta island is divided up into "Named Sectors". These sectors could be assigned to a outpost & the field terminals in each sector would send their taxes to the owners of that terminal.

As an example: Hokkogaros
Darnahol Outpost- Darmahol / Teodoma
Abbuthilia Outpost - Gavastarv / Abbulthilia
Nauwy Outpost - Vougar Maas - Nauwy

Any way not sure if this is even possible or if the DEVs were going to work it this way or something like it.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: Beta Field terminal Mission Taxes

Huge +1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

tbh i'm surprised its not like this already.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Assignment Tax is always corp income (of corpmember, not of terminal)

+1 Great idea Obi

Goffer wrote:

This. Outpost owners currently don't get global income from missions like from facilities.

Make it so

DEV Zoom wrote:
Goffer wrote:

This. Outpost owners currently don't get global income from missions like from facilities.

They should

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Goffer wrote:

They should

Yeah now that missions are important on Beta they should for sure.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

10 (edited by Burial 2015-07-24 11:58:31)

More reasons to build AFK empires to shut everything off and keep it that way.

Could work if they made the terminals themselves claimable once every X hours/days.

11 (edited by Naismith 2015-07-24 12:03:05)

AFK empires only exist if the rest of the game is AFK and not engaging in content, in which case nobody is doing missions anyway.

SAP mechanics exist and function flawlessly in creating a need for sustained effort to capture a station and maintain it, especially after the latest change to stability growth.

12 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-24 12:28:09)

Burial wrote:

More reasons to build AFK empires to shut everything off and keep it that way.

Would only be beneficial with unlocked outposts, more reasons to fight over them.

Lets keep locking in its own thread please smile

But field terminals will allow easier access to the islands them selves for none station owners.

On top of that, if field terminal missions can in some way have tax from missions payed back to the outpost owner in that area this one thing alone opens up a whole lot of game play options for beta outpost owners to consider:

• Hunt all none corp members / alliance from my island or area i control (but sacrificing all the extra tax income I could make)

• Or be the benevolent landlord & just let the plebs do as they want so long as they dont interfere with you (you make tax from missioning but may not get ppl that stay for long)

• Take a more active roll in encouraging people to PVE in areas under your control by offering Outpost access & maybe even stocking the local market with basic items.

A well run & protected Beta Island could be a haven for new players & corps to base from & get their toes into the pvp islands.
Not only that but the proffits being made on islands that manage to do this would in turn make them ever bigger targets as rivals want a pice of the action for them selves. Thus encouraging more alliances or corps to engage in High level warfare.

Remember that good old "emergent" game play? give players options & provide more carrots rather than sticks smile

With this kind of idea (corp revenue thru mission tax) Its an active form of wealth creation. if a corp simple has an "AFK" empire they will no gain any benifite from it if other players / corps launch a campaign to deny an enemy economic benefits of owning a station by hunting the tax revenue creating players.

station ownership might be "semi passive" But wealth creation isn't.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Goffer wrote:

Is the idea im suggesting even possible to implement or is it a mountain of coding?  smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1000 obi, gobsmackingly beautiful mechanic.

+1. Totally necessary with the upcoming unlocking of beta terminals.

15 (edited by Burial 2015-07-24 16:58:28)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

• Hunt all none corp members / alliance from my island or area i control (but sacrificing all the extra tax income I could make)

• Or be the benevolent landlord & just let the plebs do as they want so long as they dont interfere with you (you make tax from missioning but may not get ppl that stay for long)

• Take a more active roll in encouraging people to PVE in areas under your control by offering Outpost access & maybe even stocking the local market with basic items.

Dude.. you can't expect the game to grow that way. Where are all the corporations jumping up and down over being someone's plebeians.. ?

All the content outside Alpha can't remain under the tight grip of veteran alliances where nothing can ever happen without their say so, and if plebs forget to pay their being-a-newbie-in-a-dying-game-tax gets a mob of angry veterans breathing down their necks, pushing their sandcastle in, and even have someone like Lemon follow them to Alpha making sure the damned blasphemer stays off for good.

Last new corporation to try something interesting for their members was NSE, and that was almost a year ago. Game should be tingling with new generation of players having fun building their sandcastles, not 20 bitter veterans scratching their heads thinking why there's no-one to fight and where are all their plebeians, when everything except Alpha is closed off.

whats the extra income worth without outcome?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

to make so that me pay taxes all players, I do not want to play but I will torture all here

Then don't make it a tax.  Make it a reward!

19 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-24 22:52:41)

Burial wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Dude.. you can't expect the game to grow that way. Where are all the corporations jumping up and down over being someone's plebeians.. ?

All the content outside Alpha can't remain under the tight grip of veteran alliances where nothing can ever happen without their say so, and if plebs forget to pay their being-a-newbie-in-a-dying-game-tax gets a mob of angry veterans breathing down their necks, pushing their sandcastle in, and even have someone like Lemon follow them to Alpha making sure the damned blasphemer stays off for good.

Last new corporation to try something interesting for their members was NSE, and that was almost a year ago. Game should be tingling with new generation of players having fun building their sandcastles, not 20 bitter veterans scratching their heads thinking why there's no-one to fight and where are all their plebeians, when everything except Alpha is closed off.

*Sigh*
First.
Do you really not get what a multi faceted approach to Beta ownership rewards are intended to do?
My suggestion should be one of a number of buff's to Beta. Im not saying its a miracle idea to solve all problems!

Second
I think your missing a very point by a mile. Field terminals can be accessed by any one at any time. My idea provides incentive for Beta pvp corps to allow random other parties to enjoy Beta missions rather than hunt them down at first sight.
They still can hunt every one & everything that comes onto their island BUT they lose the possibility of income.
Its a risk vs reward scenario.

Third
Your  insistence that mission content remains locked away once Beta gets it mission pass is irrelevant & off topic to the subject we have been talking about in this thread.
The ideas being discussed here are about Beta ownership rewards. Which if you stop & think about it. Are need whether stations are locked or unlocked.

badass II wrote:

to make so that me pay taxes all players, I do not want to play but I will torture all here

Yeah "TAX" might have been the wrong word to use. My idea Is that a owning corp gets some kind of bonus / payment for a plaer completing a mission from a field terminal. The person actually doing the mission would see any drop in his income otherwise if he did then this idea would actually provide a nerf to Beta missions lol.

So mission runner still get his 1.3m for a mission

You could even just set the payment at  a fixed level per mission turn in (insert random number here)

Hope that makes sense lol