1 (edited by Jita 2015-07-23 22:27:38)

Topic: Anti ganking mechanics

The key issues:

• Under station unkillable detectors

• Scouts looking at station docks / undocks

• Log off traps

• Alpha based / under station based hotdrop squads in total safety on a teleport

• In station scouts

Suggested fix's:

Making station ownership key:

• Undocking from a Beta or an outpost gives you double molecular instability timer with no corresponding stability increase

• Undocking from an outpost you own retains the current molecular instability and stability timer

Because detectors suck:

• Using a detector on Beta or Gamma causes a PvP flag

Because hotdrops are anti fun PvP:

• Logging in to a PvP area, using a teleport too a PvP area or within a PvP area will give you a triple molecular instability and stability timer

Because alts you can't kick out of an outpost suck:

• Station owners have the ability to switch off terminal chat

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Anti ganking mechanics

+1

I had an idea once that we could apply serious detection debuff auras near bases and teleports.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I had an idea once that we could apply serious detection debuff auras near bases and teleports.

You would just run out, activate, run back unless it was a long way.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

also... whats up with the servers? perp and E:D having server issues at the same time

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

No idea, I'm having normal ping and everything.

DEV Zoom wrote:

No idea, I'm having normal ping and everything.

A lot of dysync for me too

8 (edited by Burial 2015-07-24 11:20:07)

Always wondered why the Terminal chat is even present. It's the Perpetuum's equivalent of a Local in EVE that gets used as an intel and trolling tool in PVP areas.

Went over my Terminal logs and in 5 months only see 14 lines of actual chat, and most of that is Opti talking smack in TMB. In my opinion, improvement would be huge if you removed the agent list and only showed the chat.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Interesting. How strong debuff and what range?

9 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-24 13:24:44)

I kinda like the idea of a detector pvp flagging you smile

Just have station chat on delay mode as standard. You only see people if they talk. like prox chat.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue