Re: Teleportgrid / Highways

@norhoop Uria station, imho I think just putting a land bridge there would be better than up along the coast.  Thoughts?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

@norhoop Uria station, imho I think just putting a land bridge there would be better than up along the coast.  Thoughts?

That crossed my mind too.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Norhoop:
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … etwork.png

Domhalarn:
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … etwork.png

Domhalarn was a tough nut due to the location of the NPC terminal, but I tried my best to make the connections sort of similar.

Looks good, IMO all 3 Beta 1's with your proposals satisfy several keypoints that we've established are important;

- Less internals, more highways (less jumping around like a lemming, more organic gameplay)
- Alpha access close to NPC Beta terminal (stepping stone for newbies)
- Separate Beta & Gamma teleports (Moyar teleport is currently atrocious)
- Diversified outposts (some closer to Alpha TP's, some further away)

I do think it would be nice if we were looking at a rough draft of the field terminal layout for these islands, as with their storage and refitting can impact the metagame in ways we haven't discovered yet. Do you guys even have a rough draft or is it still on the drawing board?

Since field terminal placement happens automatically by considering walkable terrain (hmech) and distances from bases/teleports, we can only generate them once the above proposed modifications are done.

Gief. Noaw.

http://i.imgur.com/dsAg9QU.png  ?

Please don't release this tp change without change of SAP Position.

With that Layout you are faster from Alpha to Initia Outpost than from passive SAP to Outpost. And for Heydel Destructive SAP you have the situation that a force jumping in from alpha, reaches Destructive SAP even before a bot starting from Heydel OP reaches the SAP if both start moving the same moment on terrain.

Also other Outposts need their SAP position reconsidered (eg Koykili)

There is no way we can make SAPs equal for every outpost, simply because you have to come in somewhere from Alpha. The solution is simple, pick an outpost that suits your preference.

Goffer, The development team is not worried about balance, what's fair or a fun gaming experience.  So like dev Zoom just said, pick an outpost that suits your preference disregard the fact you've lived there for years and you'd have to move your entire life savings.

Hell if they cared about balancing do you think we'd have quad plated Heavies going 100+, lol?  Or a completely useless green race?

I'm always happy to help with asset relocation.

Zoom are you still planning to sever the connection between Alpha and Beta 2's when this is put in?

Naismith wrote:

Zoom are you still planning to sever the connection between Alpha and Beta 2's when this is put in?

yes

Just like Hokk, Dom has a *** alpha2 tp basically on a sap. I know none of the Devs play this game so it will fall on deaf ears. But either rework a sap location or a tp location. Seems to me your moving the tp on dom any way why not put it behind the Beta terminal instead of in-between the op and terminal.

Of all the Beta 1s the best tp vs sap locations is hoop but it also has the longest land distance between the ops. Somehow I always feel hoop has more land mass. I guess that the one thing greens have going for them.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Maybe if you tell me why does it matter so much that it's close to an Alpha2 teleport I would be able to consider a change. That's why I'm posting these maps after all.

I mean the SAP will open up at an exact time and you can even know it in advance. It's not like it's a race from the outpost or from Alpha that begins when the SAP activates. You can either take the SAP while you're there or not, the only factor I see in the teleport distance is how fast you can retreat to safety if you're an attacker. But that's also given to the defender in the form of the actual outpost.

Because your robots are so balanced you can basically stomp heavies through a gate merc destro down and back to alpha with no penalty.  Can easily be done with 3/4 multi boxers in under 5 minutes. 

So problems,

1.  Can easily scout outpost sap from alpha with detector with no real commitment to entering an island.
2.  Doing saps do not flag you.
3.  Robots are terribly balanced.
4.  Khader lives in the station you've made easier to ninja from alpha.

But none of that matters really.

1. So? You can't take a SAP with a detector.
2. We can help with that.
3. Irrelevant, every side has the possibility to field the same bots.
4. Circular logic.

I've taken plenty of SAP's with my detector. wink

Jokes aside I'm all in favor of there being a difference between outposts and islands themselves.

Beta 1 real estate value will go down, Beta 2 real estate value will go up as soon as the Alpha connection is severed.

Naismith wrote:

I've taken plenty of SAP's with my detector. wink

Sure you can take one with an Arkhe too if noone is home smile

That Destro for Heydelhorn IS unfortunately located though, perhaps if it would be possible to swap Passive with Destro (Passive at least requires you to control the area for X minutes instead of hit & run 1km to Alpha TP)?

Since both Hokk & Norhoop vulnerable outposts (Abbu, Initia) both have their Passive SAP exposed towards the Alpha gate, it would be kind of a global balance.

Ultimately it doesn't matter that much, the changes are pretty damn awesome so far.

If you guys want all outposts so evenly matched in terms of how easy it is to defend/attacked. Why don't you ask Zoom to make all Beta islands with the same layout, including size and shape. lol

RIP PERPETUUM

By that logic, should all Beta islands have the same amount of incoming Alpha teleports? Or outgoing Beta/Gamma teleports? Should all sectors have same amount of field terminals to draw tax income from? Same amount of Epi & other ore on every single Beta island?

I like solutions that force you use your head and decide if it's wise to trade off X in order to get Y.

Haven't you moved on?

Naismith wrote:

That Destro for Heydelhorn IS unfortunately located though, perhaps if it would be possible to swap Passive with Destro (Passive at least requires you to control the area for X minutes instead of hit & run 1km to Alpha TP)?

I'm not sure how much work is involved in moving SAP sites, I'd have to look up things on that. But we could also move it to the south side of that mountain where it's at.

124 (edited by Celebro 2015-09-06 11:08:08)

Naismith wrote:

By that logic, should all Beta islands have the same amount of incoming Alpha teleports? Or outgoing Beta/Gamma teleports? Should all sectors have same amount of field terminals to draw tax income from? Same amount of Epi & other ore on every single Beta island?

I like solutions that force you use your head and decide if it's wise to trade off X in order to get Y.

Haven't you moved on?

I was trying to demonstrate why that logic is flawed. I too like the idea for players to make decisions, where it's more convenient for them to live, for that to happen there needs to be variations , not all the same.

I decided to post from time to time, although I still personally don't see a reason to play, and I highly doubt I will find any motivation to do so in the future.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:
Naismith wrote:

I'm not sure how much work is involved in moving SAP sites, I'd have to look up things on that. But we could also move it to the south side of that mountain where it's at.

Perpetuum: where if you consider options to benefit the game your following an 'agenda' but when you pick your own islands sap locations its balance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."