Re: SAP times

Race Drones wrote:
Burial wrote:

... This game doesn't support my style of play. 80% times I go roam Betas I waste 1 hour of my life.

Tell me one reason I should play.

Because in your mind, the universe revolves around you !!.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

If you think no ones on beta, your missing time zones because trust me there's a lot of people on beta.

Stop.pretending everything is fine. There's thirty *** people playing ville at this stage we should be prepared to put on a dress and let badass *** us for more people.

Try it. If it sucks,, change it back.

DEVs should get what they are working on done first.  Remove sparks and see what happens.  I think that will be a significant change which should be assessed.

It is you that keeps posting in EVERY topic that beta needs to be changed to YOUR point of view.  It is your propaganda campaign that is pushing for these changes without knowing what the previous changes will do.

Altera wrote:

... Remove sparks and see what happens...

I can't wait that moment, atm, the guys in the other side can be organized and SELECT ONE TARGET to attack because they have only one station to defend, in the other hand, we have more stations to watch and defend with split forces.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

29 (edited by Burial 2015-07-12 15:22:05)

Race Drones wrote:
Altera wrote:

I can't wait that moment, atm, the guys in the other side can be organized and SELECT ONE TARGET to attack because they have only one station to defend, in the other hand, we have more stations to watch and defend with split forces.

That's exactly the *** problem, dude.

Your best prognosis is everyone not on your side becoming more active, allying up i.e. 'organizing' and continuing this two-sided game charade.

Once one side is gone, which will happen eventually, the game is dead again for months/years.

How the hell do you think the game will grow that way??

30 (edited by Ville 2015-07-11 19:21:18)

Altera wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

If you think no ones on beta, your missing time zones because trust me there's a lot of people on beta.

Stop.pretending everything is fine. There's thirty *** people playing ville at this stage we should be prepared to put on a dress and let badass *** us for more people.

Try it. If it sucks,, change it back.

DEVs should get what they are working on done first.  Remove sparks and see what happens.  I think that will be a significant change which should be assessed.

It is you that keeps posting in EVERY topic that beta needs to be changed to YOUR point of view.  It is your propaganda campaign that is pushing for these changes without knowing what the previous changes will do.

ughh..  I can't believe I am going to have to break out the crayons.

The reason the population is as low as it simply because of two reasons:

1 -  Lack of interesting PVE, reward system and developmental non pvp centered content.

-  Lack of interesting PVE- Stems from dismal Mission system.  Combined with no lore or no sense of immersion.  You are a person that your corporation uses to do whatever it needs it's "gopher" to do.  "Hey Boy, got get dem dar parts and delivery over dar."  That's what missions feel like, because there is no storyline immersion.  Don't get me wrong the new mission system is vastly superior to the old one.  BUT.  Your not going to see the level of passion in this game you get from EVE or WOW, theres no one going to dress up as a Mesmer and go to a comic con.
  -  Reward system- This is the Major problem in this game.  I can't do something without securing it.  So 2 hours of my life could be completely wasted and I come out negative in the wash.  It's been requested 100's of times for a bounty system similar to Eve's for npc killing.  OR http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/125140/#p125140 relations for factions have NO REAL use except for some sad little sparks.
  -  New content:  Robots, modules, and pve centric items things to do that are not only challenging but fun.

Most of the players drive on these things.

2 - No huge push for advertisement.

-  It's really hard to advertise with 0 funds so the people mostly coming in are looking for indie games.  One of the things that pisses me off endlessly is the people who say, "People are turned off by the terrible graphics!"  That's bullshit.  If Minecraft can be one of the most successful games and be a *** block world you people are crazy.  Perpetuum is fine with the engine it has.  But even some of these games that have millions vested in advertisement like EVE and WoW, their player base comes and goes.  There is always another consumer coming along growing up. 

The thing that has kept me in this game for so long is "The industry".  I love the manufacturing process in this game.  I think its absolutely stellar.  Which is why I am here.

- * - Back on topic

Removing Sparks is the first GOOD step to allowing people to coexist on Beta.  Blood thirsty pvpers not at each others throats is a great thing.  But as it's been pointed out:

WE NEED A REASON TO BE ON BETA. 

-  SAP Loot is great, but is it worth fighting with 80 Million NIC worth of equipment for 25 Million NIC worth of goods??  No it's not.  That's the huge thing.  The SAPs themselves are a lottery whether you get something worth while or not.  If you want to see positive retention you may want to see about stepping them up(so the goods worth are 100 Mill +)
-  Epriton, Great there is 1... resource needed.

THINGS LACKING:

-  Production.  No bonuses.  Not worth doing on Beta.
-  Mineral extraction, yield bonuses from terminals should be a 50% mining bonus AND(This is huge)  The auras should extend to ALL blue standing members of the terminal holder.  To encourage Alliances.  Which leads to:
-  Encourage Alliances and group play.  We need better Exportable files that show exactly what the station incomes come from so player corporations can divide station incomes in an easy to understand no non bullshit manner.
-  Deployable offensive and Defensive weapons for beta.  Why do we still not have deployable turrets with a 1 hour time limit on them that we can use on beta?
-  Fix *** npc beacons.  Deploy only 1 beacon and bring back explosion damage.

Skeptical items, if you pull off the syndicate shop and Beta actually has more nic/hour ratio then alpha there will be players popping up there for missions  IF YOU FLOP THE SYNDICATE SUPPLY SHOP ALL YOUR WORK ON MISSIONS IS FOR NOTHING. 

-End rant

Burial wrote:
Race Drones wrote:
Altera wrote:

That's exactly the *** problem, dude.

Your best prognosis is everyone not on your side becoming more active, allying up i.e. 'organizing' and continuing this two-sided game charade that forces ANY newcomers looking to grow out of Alpha to pick a side or *** off.

Once one side is gone, which will happen eventually, the game is dead again for months/years.

How the hell do you think the game will grow that way??

Crayons Part two:

-Restraint.  It takes what we did for you in STC.  Backing off onslaughts to give you time to grow and get bigger. 

It takes diplomacy: 

Who do you think Burial talked MQX and Zwiss into recruiting Merkle and Lucian Night into STC so you'd stand a chance???  You didn't think your leadership wasn't pushed that way for a reason did you??  Lol. 

You HAVE TO ENGAGE IN A DIPLOMATIC MANNER IN THIS GAME.  It's not "bending a knee"  Or being "A Pet".  It's about conservation of the food supply and understanding that if you want a game to play you sometimes have to do something that violates your core belief in control.

What You and your CEO won't get it through your head.  Is if you wanted to be treated with respect you have to act like reasonable adults and stop insulting and engage in a diplomatic manner the community.  Or your going to get treated like the black plaque and anytime you do ANYTHING in this game you'll be met with extreme force.

And it's really *** funny coming from me.  But I ain't got time for trolls and complete disrespect anymore.  I got time to play a game and not act like a *** 100% of the time.  Regardless, the choice is upto you if you want to play ball or not.  Regardless we and my comrades will be doing something constructive like trying to build a community of enemies and friends.  Regardless we have fun.

32 (edited by Burial 2015-07-11 19:51:44)

Again you're lying, like you always do. I was in M2S with Merkle and internally decided to switch corp since M2S was mostly inactive.

Secondly, the game will not grow in your echo chamber. Period.

33 (edited by Ville 2015-07-11 19:56:12)

Burial wrote:

Again you're lying, like you always do. I was in M2S with Merkle and internally decided to switch corp since M2S was mostly inactive.

Secondly, the game will not grow in your echo chamber. Period.

I personally convo'd MQX and told him to push to get Merkle and Lucian into STC.  I did it on 4 different occasions.

2 of those occasions was before they joined M2S.  Ask him yourself. (MQX)

34 (edited by Burial 2015-07-11 19:59:09)

CoolStoryBro, you're so nice.

35 (edited by Ville 2015-07-11 20:15:22)

When STC suffered a huge lose at Karapyth, I told Zwiss(We talked quite often and many of the CEOs in different corporations regardless of relations do.) I told him he needed an FC, RG was on bad relations with Eharmony and I told him he needed to gain an FC and then there were numerous other communications behind the scenes.

And as far as the game is concerned, it won't grow unless there is content added to keep veterans entertained or advertising to gain fresh blood to the game.  That's as simple as that.  Nothing to do with recycling OLD content.

Ville wrote:

And as far as the game is concerned, it won't grow unless there is content added to keep veterans entertained or advertising to gain fresh blood to the game.  That's as simple as that.  Nothing to do with recycling OLD content.

You're mixing themepark and sandbox up. Content is supposed to be driven by politics and wars. Forcing the game into permanent two-sided standoff isn't a way to stimulate it.

37 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-11 20:51:44)

Ville, you want the status quo right now because if benefits you nothing more. Having more SAP opening in tandem will create bigger fights, well, actual real fights not the one we have now. Big fights are what made Eve popular, not 3v3 fights. Quality is better than quantity.

Population is low for many reasons but this game centres around PVP and politics the most, it's the player made content that made this game great once not PVE, there are other games that are much better for the PVE content.

Almost everybody that like these types of games know about Perpetuum already. You know why most of them don't come? *** player politics and corps that want everything for themselves and the devs have NEVER really done anything to counter the 2 sided alliances.

RIP PERPETUUM

38 (edited by Burial 2015-07-12 12:03:09)

All I'm going to add to the diplomacy BS is that whenever *** hits the fan, the knee-benders and pets are the first ones in line to join an alliance or get kicked off of Betas.

Celebro wrote:

... corps that want everything for themselves ...

I think that's exactly the way this game should be played. It's not players job to keep the game interesting for others or balanced. Developers need to build a system that works.

Celebro wrote:

Ville, you want the status quo right now because if benefits you nothing more. Having more SAP opening in tandem will create bigger fights, well, actual real fights not the one we have now. Big fights are what made Eve popular, not 3v3 fights. Quality is better than quantity.

Population is low for many reasons but this game centres around PVP and politics the most, it's the player made content that made this game great once not PVE, there are other games that are much better for the PVE content.

Almost everybody that like these types of games know about Perpetuum already. You know why most of them don't come? *** player politics and corps that want everything for themselves and the devs have NEVER really done anything to counter the 2 sided alliances.

Crayons Part 3.

THERE ARE NO REAL FIGHTS IN PERPETUUM.  Unless both sides feel they can win.  You want bigger fights?  Log in and help your alliance take Norhoop or defend SI.  And your wrong.  Quantity > quality.  You can't force quality fights BECAUSE PLAYERS WILL ONLY RISK ASSETS WHEN THEY THINK THEY CAN WIN.  And if they can't win they just dock up or go do something else.    You can force quantity with Ghanks, roaming and interdicting logistics.  Those are the fights to have because they escalate quickly!  Real quickly.

All you people QQing on the forums!  Please login the game and see how it's played.

40 (edited by Burial 2015-07-11 21:45:01)

SAPs are consensual PVP and people can just avoid it whenever they feel they're at a constant disadvantage. No amount of *** and moaning is going to change the human nature.

Burial wrote:

SAPs are consensual PVP and people can just avoid it and complain on the forums whenever they feel they're at a constant disadvantage. No amount of *** and moaning is going to change the human nature.

Fixed it for you.

I've complained about these issues for years, even when we held all the outposts.

43 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-11 22:20:37)

Ville wrote:

All you people QQing on the forums!  Please login the game and see how it's played.

I logged in this morning betas were EMPTY!!

RIP PERPETUUM

I am thoroughly enjoying this, please continue.

I am Perpetuum.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I logged in this morning betas were EMPTY!!

wow, you actually logged on. nice job

2 hours running around on beta... noone seen.
even knocked on some doors.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Crayons Part 3.

THERE ARE NO REAL FIGHTS IN PERPETUUM.  Unless both sides feel they can win.  You want bigger fights?  Log in and help your alliance take Norhoop or defend SI.  And your wrong.  Quantity > quality.  You can't force quality fights BECAUSE PLAYERS WILL ONLY RISK ASSETS WHEN THEY THINK THEY CAN WIN.  And if they can't win they just dock up or go do something else.    You can force quantity with Ghanks, roaming and interdicting logistics.  Those are the fights to have because they escalate quickly!  Real quickly.

First you tell us how *** the game is.

Then proceed to berate the Dev's and players alike.

But, please, still log in and play the game.

I feel like I should be rolling my eyes, or laughing.  Lets go with laughing.

I am Perpetuum.

48 (edited by Burial 2015-07-12 11:44:34)

Ville wrote:

... PVE ...

Ville, think REALISTICALLY for a second. There's no way the development team here can push out content at a significant enough rate to keep veterans entertained. Themepark MMOs have teams the size of hundreds for a reason.

Now that this is among our plans, have a bump.

What to discuss:
* Pair up intrusion times, so selected outposts/SAPs will always open at the same time
* Makes controlling multiple outposts much harder for one corporation
* Possibly make intrusion times public for everyone, remove intrusion scanning - feedback needed

And another idea to ponder that I thought of already after the blog was out:

* Activate all 3 SAPs of an outpost at the same time when an intrusion starts
* Each of them still have a 1 hour timer, but all of them can be completed by anyone
* The final stability change will be calculated from the 3 SAP results
* Just examples:
Owner completes it: +5 stability
Enemy completes it: -5 stability
Timeout: -1 stability

For example if owner can complete 1 SAP (+5), enemy takes another (-5), and noone bothers with the 3rd one (-1), stability will change by -1. If the owner can complete all 3, stability will change by +15.

how would you balance the reward for this?