Topic: SAP times

With the change to sparks (yay) can we also alter sap timers to encourage those effects.

I propose linking SAP times on opposite beta's so that there are five SAP times total and as they go off they impact all three islands at once.

This would

a) reduce the sap timer gaining PITA
b) promote PvP as there are more known sap times
c) force people doing saps to pick an island to defend / attack or split their force
d) reduce the total number of timers to one every four or so hours making fights more likely

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: SAP times

Just to clarify, do you mean like create fixed groups of 3 outposts (3 groups for beta1 and 2 groups for beta2)?

Jita wrote:

With the change to sparks (yay) can we also alter sap timers to encourage those effects.

I propose linking SAP times on opposite beta's so that there are five SAP times total and as they go off they impact all three islands at once.

This would

c) force people doing saps to pick an island to defend / attack or split their force
d) reduce the total number of timers to one every four or so hours making fights more likely

a) reduces chances of PVP, a detector needs to risk going to beta to scan it
b) reduces chances of pvp, by making multiple SAPs happen at the same time
c) reduces chances of pvp, same as b)
d) reduces chances of pvp, players will login in for this set SAP time and then be gone. this real reduces play time.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just to clarify, do you mean like create fixed groups of 3 outposts (3 groups for beta1 and 2 groups for beta2)?

Yes that's exactly what I mean. With the spark change that would mean you have a lot harder time force projecting.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Well personally I like the idea. Though I understand the concerns about reduced PvP, I think this would create the case of quality>quantity regarding beta PvP events as they could be more organized.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well personally I like the idea. Though I understand the concerns about reduced PvP, I think this would create the case of quality>quantity regarding beta PvP events as they could be more organized.

Exactly. Less opportunity sometimes means more reality.

7 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 15:57:47)

DEV Zoom wrote:

PVP should NOT only remain around SAPs. Conflict the timers and there's a chance more people can co-exist on Betas.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I agree, your thinking is correct.

I am Perpetuum.

Jita wrote:

This would

OverAll:  This would be awesome, because I would keep an alt at my terminal and press the attack button to opposing forces outpost all the time, till it's flipped then I'd move back to my own

A) Yes!  Keeping spreadsheets of a sap timers are annoying, I'd like to be able to ping jabber once so all the guys could enjoy pvp at the same time!
B) Yes!  Less work, more pvp I like it!
c)  That's an awesome idea, so we can bring back alpha scouts and reactivate skynet so we know what Saps our enemies are going to show up where and pick the points we want to go to, while doing our saps with our alts on our island which we can easily reinforce!
D) Yes!  More Saps More Loot!  Awesome idea, not like I just hauled out 142 Heavy mech cortexs from Novastrov!  we could drive the price down on industrial goods enticing cheaper PVP!  Exspecially on heavy mks!

This is a great Idea!  By reducing overall work in the SAP that means blood thirsty pvpers can go back to doing what they do best!  Being blood thirsty pvpers!

Keep these Stellar Ideas coming!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

And sometimes less opportunity means less opportunity.

organized PVP will come down to both sides verifying equal numbers, equal skills, equal chance to win.  Most of the time it will not be, so organized pvp will end in someone leaving the field.  Spontaneous pvp will be more likely to lead to actual engagements.
Of course this requires people to actual play the game, which Joke does not seem to want to do.  They only want instant log in action and then log off.  I think they want perp to become a WoT type game.
They don't want to mine, they don't want to own and fight for stations, they just want to log on, get a fight they are guaranteed to win then go away until they can repeat.
Don't look to Zoom to provide 'organization' for you.  You should look at a leader within your alliance and actually organize yourselves.

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

This would

OverAll:  This would be awesome, because I would keep an alt at my terminal and press the attack button to opposing forces outpost all the time, till it's flipped then I'd move back to my own

A) Yes!  Keeping spreadsheets of a sap timers are annoying, I'd like to be able to ping jabber once so all the guys could enjoy pvp at the same time!
B) Yes!  Less work, more pvp I like it!
c)  That's an awesome idea, so we can bring back alpha scouts and reactivate skynet so we know what Saps our enemies are going to show up where and pick the points we want to go to, while doing our saps with our alts on our island which we can easily reinforce!
D) Yes!  More Saps More Loot!  Awesome idea, not like I just hauled out 142 Heavy mech cortexs from Novastrov!  we could drive the price down on industrial goods enticing cheaper PVP!  Exspecially on heavy mks!

This is a great Idea!  By reducing overall work in the SAP that means blood thirsty pvpers can go back to doing what they do best!  Being blood thirsty pvpers!

Keep these Stellar Ideas coming!

Its the same number of saps, just at the same time on three islands.

Iit should be better for everyo. Glad ypu agree.

This, and remove scanning of saps, since defender can complete there own saps there is no real need to scan them.

Make Sap times available to all, broadcast them all over the map, let new players know this is a PVP game, where there is always a chance of loot or good fights.

RIP PERPETUUM

Altera wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

organized PVP will come down to both sides verifying equal numbers, equal skills, equal chance to win.  Most of the time it will not be, so organized pvp will end in someone leaving the field.  Spontaneous pvp will be more likely to lead to actual engagements.
Of course this requires people to actual play the game, which Joke does not seem to want to do.  They only want instant log in action and then log off.  I think they want perp to become a WoT type game.
They don't want to mine, they don't want to own and fight for stations, they just want to log on, get a fight they are guaranteed to win then go away until they can repeat.
Don't look to Zoom to provide 'organization' for you.  You should look at a leader within your alliance and actually organize yourselves.

This game is not fun. This game doesn't support my style of play. 80% times I go roam Betas I waste 1 hour of my life.

Tell me one reason I should play.

Burial wrote:
Altera wrote:
Jita wrote:

This game is not fun. This game doesn't support my style of play. 80% times I go roam Betas I waste 1 hour of my life.

+1, same with scanning SAPs , waste of time. I want to log in look at the map or intrusion events and go where the action is. More PVP for all.

RIP PERPETUUM

I dont see why not. Hell even a sap notification timer for the start as well as the end would be cool if your on island.

Its funny how a very small group of very vocal ppl who don't play this game can effect so much change.

SAP times are almost the only PVP times. By grouping then up into one time, less PVP will happen.  It will cut content for some players and cause less players to log in.  Maybe there will be a pop boost during these super sap times, but the overall effect will be less to do and less ppl logging into the game, which will erode what little playerbase this game has.
You guys really just want to play World of Tanks with robots, I get it. But if this game wants to be a "player-driven persistent-world ", it will need more then a login for instant pvp, log out population.

i agree with sap scanning mechanic as is, is half-hearted implementation.

could be much better.

like mixing in the positive features of the pre-sap system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

18 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 20:49:42)

PVP only around SAPs can't sustain itself forever. Take away people from OTHERS, paw, BMG and opie and there's hardly any PVP left. There's no-one but you to fight on Betas, how long before they're bored?

// Not saying to do this change or not, but something needs to be done. Space has to be created for corporations and population to grow.

Altera wrote:

You guys really just want to play World of Tanks with robots, I get it. But if this game wants to be a "player-driven persistent-world ", it will need more then a login for instant pvp, log out population.

Dude, if I wanted to play World of Tanks with robots, I'd play Hawken. big_smile

What the naysayers don't get is you need people on beta for PvP. There are how many saps vs how many fights now? If you think banding the saps would reduce PvP you need to look up a devide by zero error.

20 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 21:16:15)

It's funny how only people left fighting over SAPs don't really need an outpost. Such a trainwreck. big_smile

Jita wrote:

What the naysayers don't get is you need people on beta for PvP. There are how many saps vs how many fights now? If you think banding the saps would reduce PvP you need to look up a devide by zero error.

That's the echo chamber people build around their heads. ~everything is fine~ even if they're the only ones left.

Burial wrote:

It's funny how only people left fighting over SAPs don't really need an outpost. Such a trainwreck. big_smile

Jita wrote:

That's the echo chamber people build around their heads. ~everything is fine~ even if they're the only ones left.

When the gravitational pull of your mass is so stong you can't get an idea past tour nose its not surprising

If you think no ones on beta, your missing time zones because trust me there's a lot of people on beta.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

If you think no ones on beta, your missing time zones because trust me there's a lot of people on beta.

Stop.pretending everything is fine. There's thirty *** people playing ville at this stage we should be prepared to put on a dress and let badass *** us for more people.

Try it. If it sucks,, change it back.

Sap 1 in 3 days, or only on weekends. Give people a break, go crazy already ... many of them have children, it's better they will pay attention. I am for the abolition of frenzied PVP, PVP will let the epic (mass campaigns). Event must be big, and does not depend on, who is longer not sleep = wins!

I___M___H___O

Just @ Game

25 (edited by Race Drones 2015-07-10 23:56:27)

Burial wrote:

... This game doesn't support my style of play. 80% times I go roam Betas I waste 1 hour of my life.

Because in your mind, the universe revolves around you !!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.