Topic: Beta islands being mostly dead.

I keep reading that the beta islands are mostly dead, they say nobody wants to get killed by roaming groups or whatever. If this is the case, perhaps it's because the world is so small? It's there was say 5 times as many islands, any player wanting to use the pvp enabled areas but currently refusing to may suddenly find it's worth the risk simply because there's a lesser chance of being found.

I know there's delta/gamma islands on the way, but i've no idea how long until we'll see those or how many there is going to be.

Re: Beta islands being mostly dead.

I've tried to sell ammo on the beta island, this basically doesn't work.

And no being able to buy any resources there doesn't help.

We need some very rewarding PvE there if we want players to come. And the market will follow, don't worry.

atm beta islands are indeed dead.

its sad, because they are potentially the best places to be.  there needs to be more rewards available on these beta islnads, to make it really worth the risk of venturing out there.

<pvp>

~M~

4 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-12 15:34:29)

Weird, I have found pvp on all 3 islands so far.

I will say that the droprate of t4 mods from 5th rank mobs is abysmal. (1 in 300ish kills so far) If it weren't that I was maxed out on t3 tech, I wouldn't even bother pveing out there.

DEVS, if you want people to go out to beta regularly, for more than roaming pvp groups, make the pve more profitable.

The market is dead because corporations and alliances who the beta islands currently and provide for their members.

As for PvP, every outpost is owned apart from 1 and so going to those outposts will resulting in finding PVP. smile

The Game

Let's face it though, this game lacks the ability to wow people based on the size of the game world, it infact has the opposite effect, and it's clear how easily a player could even up quitting after finding out how small it actually it is. This is supposed to be a planet, but we can only access a small portion.

I'd like to see the world become at least 5 times larger to start, 10 times bigger as the population grows.

The size of the world probably effects the size of blobs too. No real point in outposts other than EPeen.

Trolling Alpha island sounds more fun.

The Game

Make it Darkfall - no safe zones ftw.

Hawk

Didn't play eve, but the idea of high security areas with super cop bots that swarm on anyone pushing their luck sounds kinda awesome.

The alpha/beta system going on here won't really encourage many to step out of the safety unless  a) they absolutely need to b) they have so much wealth that losses are small change or c) There are massive profits involved in any activity on beta.

Right now a and b are happening, but c is not. You will notice that corps with beta stations are still mining on Alpha with gangs of Termis up to 10 strong in places. This to me says that beta is just not worth the risk right now.

10 (edited by Zhyntil 2010-12-12 19:45:42)

Right now the easiest/fastest/least risk way to make money is farming newb areas...
Right now the easiest/fastest/least risk way to do PvP is blobbing up...
This means that most everyone is either in the low level newb areas or in a blob when going bang bang at anything.
Until something changes, these two things will not change, it is human nature to look for and exploit the easiest way to do anything. The problem with both of these issues is they tend to disappoint players.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

PvP is its own reward.

Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

Indeed, but blobbing up to reduce the risk of failure is another form of playing it safe, one which your corp is involved in, may I add.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

Indeed, but blobbing up to reduce the risk of failure is another form of playing it safe, one which your corp is involved in, may I add.

Everyone is involved in it......

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Vorgrim Scout wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

*shrugs*  I don't make the rules.

We're already outnumbered on the field of battle, should we purposely bring even less and throw our bots away?

Bastian Croft wrote:
Vorgrim Scout wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

*shrugs*  I don't make the rules.

We're already outnumbered on the field of battle, should we purposely bring even less and throw our bots away?

That was my point too, any advantage is fair, everyone does it because it is the easiest thing to do.....the problem is that it deters players, it rewards the lazy, and tactics/strategy are usually useless against it. There are many other threads discussing this around....

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

Not rewarding enough to create an economy there, at the very least. I'm sorry but we need something more rewarding than PvP for its own sake.

Nipa wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

PvP is its own reward.

Not rewarding enough to create an economy there, at the very least. I'm sorry but we need something more rewarding than PvP for its own sake.

All subjective, I guess.  I find it very rewarding personally.

Blobs should be sorted soon but if any of the other "Fixes" are to go by it won't be pretty and will probably involve some form of LOS blocking or Blob-Ewar effect.

The Game

AoE ewar would actually be a decent solution. Certainly better than aoe dmg as a deterrant.

I didn't bother to read the posts after the first post, cause the original post is idiotic. How old is this game really? Jesus, I'll just stop there cause it's not even worth my time explaining the rest if you can't figure it out.

Domhalarn is the most active island. That's quite obvious because the other alliances come to us when they want PvP. "The Alliance" hardly uses their island, and m2s is usually messing with us outside of Intrusion events. Mostly because they like actual pvp.

The fact that the beta outposts have such excellent facilities promotes the whole concept of Corporation economy and politics. I would love to see the other Alliances using their outposts more but that also requires people working together with intel to support loses.

Euro-Corp Syndicate.

Asuma wrote:

I didn't bother to read the posts after the first post, cause the original post is idiotic. How old is this game really? Jesus, I'll just stop there cause it's not even worth my time explaining the rest if you can't figure it out.

I had this great argument once, but it wasn't worth my time explaining it. The end.

I think you will find that on any island there are probably thirty people half of which are active. If it looks dead it's because it's well scouted.

At launch there should have been no Beta islands and a much larger number of Alpha islands with sufficient resource to build anything in game. The virtual world is to young to have people claiming chunks of it yet. Once the economy is full go and there are enough goods in production, then it should have expanded out into Beta islands.

A lot of people talk about wanting a bigger world, more islands. There is 300 people on and you want 15 islands? Devs said that they will add more islands when there is more players to play the game. At this point they are working on player/corp owned constructable structures. But I do think that Avatar Creations lacks either experience or imagination though. It almost feels like a group of kids who used to have fun in EVE decided to createa their own niche game in Mech world. This game doesnt feel like it has a solid base, even though its enjoyable for now...