1 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-29 17:44:49)

Topic: Alpha2 to beta missions

Are we going to get sent to other islands on the new missions coming to Alpha2?. For good rewards, this will encourage new and well as old players to take a chance on pvp areas.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Alpha2 to beta missions

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Maybe in the future, but currently there are a number of things that make it impossible. The most important being the fact that the system cannot look for locations on other zones when constructing a mission. And then there is of course the fact that this would have to be opt-in, where the system either includes them in the random pool for you or not, which isn't a small thing to squeeze in either.

5 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-29 17:37:46)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe in the future, but currently there are a number of things that make it impossible. The most important being the fact that the system cannot look for locations on other zones when constructing a mission.

cannot comply.
why not? (you either have coded this ultra-simple, or ultra complicated)
as far as i understand, its the same "issue" as adding teleports or highways into a pathfinding algorithm

DEV Zoom wrote:

And then there is of course the fact that this would have to be opt-in, where the system either includes them in the random pool for you or not, which isn't a small thing to squeeze in either.

since your system seems to check for mission locations in a certain radius around the mission terminal depending on the level, this should be rather simple: only terminals close to interzone teleports may choose inter-island missions.

only condition i see, would be that the mission template needs to make sure that the mission completes on the same island it started (because of the 5min teleport)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by JcJet 2015-06-29 18:06:24)

Because i'm sober enough do decide it myself when i...
...want pure PvE, without worrying about the others. Because it's... fun for a while?
...want PvP, without worrying about farming(buying ICE for $?)
...want some risky PvE in PvP zones with my corp.
...many other things that i might want in a "sandbox" game. Like owning a base or being a stump thet logging in just for EP and chat...

Most of the people in any MMORPGs are carebears. If you want more people in PvP then you should want more people in the game first. Because i haven't seen too many carebears on alphas either.

i want to play the game with unlimited resources,
the "Erasor" weapon on my prometheus, and blinking around the terrain like DEVs can.

because thats the playstile i have decided on playing this sandbox

now, deliver!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i want to play the game with unlimited resources,
the "Erasor" weapon on my prometheus, and blinking around the terrain like DEVs can.

because thats the playstile i have decided on playing this sandbox

now, deliver!

A few hundreds of thousands dollars and i think some little miracles like these may happen wink