Topic: Eta till alpha 2s?

^

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Eta till alpha 2s?

2015-06-20

DEV Zoom wrote:

1-2 weeks for a batch.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sweet thanks Anni.

Idk, they haven't fixed everything they broke.  Why does a patch that's supposed to implement missions break so much other stuff.

it's the code.  They have to tinker with the code, have you ever noticed how small the perpetuum game itself is?  Like in terms of MBs? or Gigs?  This is what this team excels at small files big works, they have some graphics they have done that's embedded on the website to an external link, actually quite amazing considering what it is versus how big it is.

how is things coming along?

We're trying to get them on the test server by the end of the week, maybe early next week.

Upto what level missions are alpha2s?

RIP PERPETUUM

5, like now.

Thanks for the update!

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're trying to get them on the test server by the end of the week, maybe early next week.

so, tomorrow or next friday? what will it be?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

We still need a few days, alpha2s take a bit longer than expected because they have the most teleports and connections/highways of all zones. (14-16 teleports compared to the current 7 or so)

do you still draw highways with the ingame-editor?

yes, but with a better technique

15 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-07 08:03:45)

DEV Zoom wrote:

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2 … harder.jpg

lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

still worse then what you could do with Photoshop big_smile

Early next week?  Coming up on a month since A1s were introduced.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We still need a few days, alpha2s take a bit longer than expected because they have the most teleports and connections/highways of all zones. (14-16 teleports compared to the current 7 or so)

is that PER alpha 2?

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

is that PER alpha 2?

Yes.

Hersh/Shinjalar are pretty much done now, still working on Tellesis.

Wow such Green Bias.

I am Perpetuum.

Zoom, while you are seeding all the islands with generic "question mark npcs" , or "field terminals" how you call them.

can you explain the reasoning behind that system, instead of giving agents the equivalent of "smartphones" to request new missions while on terrain,
or the equivalent to like firefalls dynamic missions that you can simply join in ad-hoc ?

Annihilator wrote:

Zoom, while you are seeding all the islands with generic "question mark npcs" , or "field terminals" how you call them.

can you explain the reasoning behind that system, instead of giving agents the equivalent of "smartphones" to request new missions while on terrain,
or the equivalent to like firefalls dynamic missions that you can simply join in ad-hoc ?

This has been announced for; I don't know, maybe half a year or is it a year or more.  Why do you ask this question now?  The only question should be when is the next update happening.

BTW: When is the next patch gonna hit the test server and/or live??

I like it because some missions end next to another terminal.  Two things annoy me, always leaving squads and picking up tokens at field terminals when I'm on the over side of the island

Altera wrote:

This has been announced for; I don't know, maybe half a year or is it a year or more.  Why do you ask this question now?  The only question should be when is the next update happening.

BTW: When is the next patch gonna hit the test server and/or live??

sure, this has been announced for quite some time now.
but as it always is - there is quite a difference between expectations and whats beeing delivered.

with the words from some disappointed Firefall players two years ago: DEVs often promise a Cake, but deliver cookies.

in other words: IMHO the saturation of field terminals on alpha 1 is to high, the average mission length to short.
Given the announcement that alpha2 islands will get each 14!!! teleports, for me it sounds like a little bit of overkill.
Kinda expect that the current alpha1-alpha2-beta1 teleports will be split into "a1-a2" and "a2-b1" teleports with a few meters highway inbetween.

Don't care what it is, if it just finally comes. It has been said to come "in 1-2 weeks" and then _after someone asked_ it was revealed that the next content batch was delayed and nobody knows how long.

I just came back to the game and thought "hell yeah active development and community contact, picked the right time" now after 1,5 months everything is gone and I return to browse the forum of a dead game for the next X months until a2 update finally comes and then? Who knows when the beta1 update will be released if a2 already takes this long.