Topic: Mission Balance

Put in issues you see with current random mission templates.

My issues:
400+ NIC every ~20-60 seconds for lvl2 mining or harvesting missions if you are working as a team, or having 3-5 accounts at hand.

Dunno about the combat missions, but i can imagine, camping the possible spawn points with high-level agents fit for the task, can get you a similar efficiency.

only drawback: lots of relation loss with one faction due to the sheer number of mission you run in a very short timeframe.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

2 (edited by Inda 2015-06-20 18:01:23)

Re: Mission Balance

Yes that is a problem now, need to act as fast as possible guys!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

tbh, i have no clue how to fix this.

Combat missions get harder the more agents are in squad, but that only means you most likely need a real player behind each account on a mission spot.
"fieldcraft" missions on the other hand only scale insignificantly in difficulty with squad and can be multiboxed easily.

ok, suggestion:
Fieldcraft mission generator looks for a random plant/mineral deposit within the missions range and flags that one as "rare example" and asks the missioner to harvest/mine samples from exactly that.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Our idea is that along with the minerals you need to deliver a "mining log" (or harvesting) item that drops after you finished the mining objective.

My 2 cents.

Sure making Nic is a problem (its really not), but making players do the most mind-numbing things to make it is even more a problem.

With the combat missions you add in these "gotcha" items.  Mining will be no different.  Not to mention you are making all the missions boil down to one thing.

1. Go here Kill, Mine, ect.
2. Get Item.
3. Profit.

Its all centered around pointless items.  Sure you can shoe horn pointless lore to make it seam reasonable, however form 80% of the population, it wont matter.

Something is missing.

I am Perpetuum.

One more thing.

All of the added features were to move the game to a more "speedy" experience.  You need to raise the bar for how much nic you think the player should be obtaining per hour.

This will serve several goals, the first it will devalue older players stocks, and put value upon newer players.

I am Perpetuum.

7 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-20 20:40:45)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Our idea is that along with the minerals you need to deliver a "mining log" (or harvesting) item that drops after you finished the mining objective.

so, you "force" every squad member to deliver an item that is created in their cargo?
or better, every squad member that participated in the gather process (thats an important difference!!)

*edit: what would happen if someone from the gather group has to log off? Mission doomed to FAIL? (similar to construction and transport missions)

8 (edited by Jasdemi 2015-06-20 21:19:48)

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1. I like this one.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

so, you "force" every squad member to deliver an item that is created in their cargo?
or better, every squad member that participated in the gather process (thats an important difference!!)

*edit: what would happen if someone from the gather group has to log off? Mission doomed to FAIL? (similar to construction and transport missions)

From how I understood is that there would be only one certificate for every mineral. Whenever the required material amounts are reached, the certificate will be added to the agents cargo who triggered the objective completion.

EDIT
Here's an example from how I see it working:

Assignment X requires you to gather 30000 Helioptris.

Objective A: Gather 30000 Helioptris
Objective B: Deliver 30000 Helioptris
Objective C: Deliver 1 "Helioptris Acquisition Certificate"

Agent A, B are working on this assignment.
Agent B's harvester cycle causes objective A to reach 30000 Helioptris. Agent B receives 1 "Helioptris Acquisition Certificate".

Not into the cargo, but into a blue mission container like in the case of geoscanning and NPC intel data. So there shouldn't be a problem with gathering people logging off (unless they looted the item and then logged off). But otherwise correct.

and that blue misson container spawns where? next to each contributing agent? or just a single one next to the one doing the last cycle for the plant/mineral?

Since you would only need to deliver one, probably around the agent doing the last cycle.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Since you would only need to deliver one, probably around the agent doing the last cycle.

So squad missions are too easy, so we will add a 'ticket' to slow down the squad.  Basically, a squad needs to be 1 person larger, so we have a fast guy to run back?  I don't really see this fixing much wrt NIC/hr.  Won't the 'randomnsess' of the missions prevent ppl from camping the same fields/spawns?

I am a fan of going back to squad missions and individual missions (separate selection).  This new auto squad mission has several unforeseen issues.  To include screwing up standing squads and isolating players who are grinding missions and not being balanced very well, etc.

Just break it up and make squad missions appropriate to a squad.

If the squad is doing the mining like they are supposed to then this won't slow them down at all (or solo players for that matter). This is for those who want to play the system.

I'm a fan of leaving it the way it is and adjust the syndicate shop accordingly.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If you make it too complicated or a pain in the ***, people wont like doing the missions anymore. So you need to balance the 2 extremes of exploitability and "I'd rather get a bullet in the head than do this"

+ dont tell me that anything is going to stop a multi-account owner from doing what squad does.

and dont change the mechanic that will *** the botters and then *** everyone else in the process

This addition requires about 2 clicks more from the miners than before, I don't understand what the fuss is about.

The only thing they're fixing is that you must go back to any terminal after mining or harvesting, as intended. Not buying millions of materials from market and spam assignments in less than one minute. In my opinion this is clearly an exploit.

Illiathos wrote:

+ dont tell me that anything is going to stop a multi-account owner from doing what squad does.

oh, they once did that, and it was like hell freezing over. Its not about "stopping" them, its about making it harder for a multiboxer then for a squad of real player, not the other way round like many mechanics ingame have been for a long time.

Annihilator wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

oh, they once did that, and it was like hell freezing over. Its not about "stopping" them, its about making it harder for a multiboxer then for a squad of real player, not the other way round like many mechanics ingame have been for a long time.

The correct way to fix it isnt to just nerf anything outright. As for botters, get a freaking detection software, not just reintroduce bad game mechanics.

so multiboxer are botter now?

What exactly is being nerfed here?

By trying to deter people from botting you are by my opinion using wrong measures that hurt the whole population, like reds in alpha 2. For bots, just get recognition software and actually ban the people. And no, multiboxers arent botters, but the devs are trying to put both down for some reason.

As for dev Zoom, i believe that delivering an item for mining is just unnecessary and brings a lot of pain without any gain. If i really want to multi missions, i can still get my 12 accounts on them and have goffers, its going to be a pain, but its not going to make me any less op that i am atm.

Illiathos wrote:

By trying to deter people from botting you are by my opinion using wrong measures that hurt the whole population, like reds in alpha 2. For bots, just get recognition software and actually ban the people. And no, multiboxers arent botters, but the devs are trying to put both down for some reason.

As for dev Zoom, i believe that delivering an item for mining is just unnecessary and brings a lot of pain without any gain. If i really want to multi missions, i can still get my 12 accounts on them and have goffers, its going to be a pain, but its not going to make me any less op that i am atm.

Who gave this guy drugs? Or is it just failed attempt at trolling? Can't tell.
While you're at it, why don't you suggest to remove the transporting part from Transport missions? It's silly and unnecessary.