Topic: Please reverse this new change that you tried to sneak through......

Category: Bug
    Creation date: 2015-06-16 10:39:31

When I have my cargo full of chemoactive bullets, and I try to reload my guns when my magazines have more than 1 bullet in them, it says the cargo is full. It appears that the script is attempts to unload the magazine before it roads it instead of just moving the amount over that is required. I understand that this is the way the mechanic works if I was to change ammo types but this was not the way it was working PRIOR to today's patch.
Responses

DEV Zoom - 2015-06-16 13:28:36

Yes, there was a change in the patch regarding this but I didn't mention it in the patch notes because I didn't think it would make any difference.

In the past ammo was just a number on the module and we had a few problems with disappearing ammo and weird things happening. But now modules store actual ammo items in them so reloading can only work if it has room to unload the loaded ammo first, it can't just switch them at the same time. So yeah, this is now intended behavior.

The ticket status has been changed to: Resolved

Re: Please reverse this new change that you tried to sneak through......

didn't i just recently say in gen chat "everytime they touch THAT code, it breaks" ? big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

As per Dev Z in game, he changed his mind...this is actually a bug.

well, they broke even more then visible at the first glance

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Just to clarify, it's not intended that reloading the same ammo tries to put what's left in the module into the cargo first, instead of just topping the clip up.

I went out to do some mining. When the module was empty of charges and went to automatically reload....nothing but endless cycling of no ammo found. There was only liquizit ammo in the cargo....bug affects mining as well. FYI

Yes that's a known issue right now, working on a fix.

Fix has been deployed for both bugs.