Topic: Lag

When killing red npc's on gamma near plants i experience crazy stupid lag.  Like the game freezes for a couple of seconds.

Re: Lag

So if I understand you right, it's not network lag, but client freezes?

i'm actually not sure everything just freezes for a couple of seconds then it's normal again

Do you notice any difference with and without the map opened?

i didn't have the map open.  it did get worst the more plants were around

We have made some client optimizations which are related to this, it will be deployed together with the new assignment system soon.

the lag was so bad fighting one the red mob stopped fired at me and right before it died teleported to me and blew up

my first response to the PTS topic:

Annihilator wrote:

i can tell that terraforming with the maximum radius will cause huge lagspikes when you kill plants with it.

is this related?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

No, this seems to be about the client (we have also experienced the momentary freezes).

Please set a date for the mission revamp and go ahead and make it high ball. If you finish it early then we can all rehoice

December 2016.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

December 2116.

Fixed

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

i had the same on alpha. so ts not about plants. just shooting npcs.

*** lags... back update.

DEV Zoom wrote:

No, this seems to be about the client (we have also experienced the momentary freezes).

there was no patch since this statement, so what did you expect chemist?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

16 (edited by Chemist 2015-05-23 20:34:16)

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

there was no patch since this statement, so what did you expect chemist?

* '''Fix:''' Reworked the sending of terrain layer data, which should stop plant-related lag.
After this patch if u kill bot near plants, u get TERRIBLE lag...

Chemist: this topic is about client freezes, not network lag.

18 (edited by Chemist 2015-05-24 17:14:51)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Chemist: this topic is about client freezes, not network lag.

"When killing red npc's on gamma near plants i experience crazy stupid lag.  Like the game freezes for a couple of seconds." (c) Rovoc.

It is the same when was killed first robot near plants. Client freeze for about 3 seconds. And after 2 killed bots - ~2 seconds. And after 3 killed. All bots was killed near plants. It was freeze.

Link in PM. (from 13:50)

Ok, so again:

* '''Fix:''' Reworked the sending of terrain layer data, which should stop plant-related lag.

This fix was for network lag related to plants.

It did nothing to client freezes, since there wasn't a client update since January.

When we deploy a new client, it will have some fixes for client freezes.

See also:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -glossary/

Okay. Just see video from 13:50 and you'll see what I mean. Lag/freeze/ghost/drunk Santa Claus/something else. But it was not until the last patch. I think this should not be. It looks unpresentable.

21 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-05-24 18:01:30)

Chemist wrote:

Okay. Just see video from 13:50 and you'll see what I mean. Lag/freeze/ghost/drunk Santa Claus/something else. But it was not until the last patch. I think this should not be. It looks unpresentable.

Yes, that's a client freeze. The reason you didn't experience this before the patch is probably because you didn't even get the data of the plants dying, or just very slowly, in which case the client was able to cope with it.

Now, after the (network lag) patch, the client gets all the data properly, which makes it hang for a bit if it gets a lot of it within a short time.

Btw it's not "when robots die near plants", but probably "a lot of plants die around you at the same time".

It can be fixed? Or, "So come down"?
We are trying to help you make a good game. Remember this.