Re: Turrets vs NPCs

Update on OP idea??  Can we get this cut on yesterday?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Missions are still a priority right now, I just made the topic so we can talk about it in the meantime. But apparently the general consensus is that we should do this.

Well can you tweak the Red NPC spawn rate on gamma in the meantime?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Missions are still a priority right now, I just made the topic so we can talk about it in the meantime. But apparently the general consensus is that we should do this.

Enabling macros since 2007.

Serious question Zoom. Since macros are practically allowed now can you change liquid mining to make it a bit more difficult?

If lower level missions are coming first and higher tier later.... i'd vote for the turret update first.  That's just me though

DEV Zoom wrote:

So apparently it's pretty easy for us to enable turrets shooting NPCs, given that:
1. NPCs would also attack turrets.
2. NPCs killed by turrets wouldn't drop loot.

Opinions?

Oh it's pretty easy.  But your going to have to wait a year to get it

Setting them to shoot NPCs is easy, but to make it a proper feature we still need additional things, UI control, and the stuff Jita mentioned for example.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Setting them to shoot NPCs is easy, but to make it a proper feature we still need additional things, UI control, and the stuff Jita mentioned for example.

Well just add it as is and let people know that using them as chaff for base guns is considered an exploit.

Tonnik wrote:

Well just add it as is and let people know that using them as chaff for base guns is considered an exploit.

Yeah I'm sure the investigations and policing won't take away any useful development time...

DEV Zoom wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

Yeah I'm sure the investigations and policing won't take away any useful development time...

is it not easy letting guns prioritise agents over npc's?

86 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-05-28 03:27:04)

Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

So  you are advocating the DEVs put into the game a un-finished & exploitable mechanic & just "fix it later"??

Good Lord even Zoom knows how sh*t of an idea that is.

BTW Zoom I love the idea & do enjoy it when you DEVs pull these good ideas out of your *** errr um .. thin air big_smile
No really +1 smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

is it not easy letting guns prioritise agents over npc's?

the correct phrase would be "its not easy letting gamma commanders decide what priorities their defense turrets have", as seen in how "easy" it is to make a easy to understand interface for it with a tooltips explaining stuff.

fuuu

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Notice how theres a few special snowflakes very quick to declare how anything except "their" way of playing  a sandbox game is an exploit. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I would like to point out that I think duping is not a exploit, thus its now allowed.

Oh oh, that insurance thing, its also seeing green too.

When the Dev's ban me I will run around with my hair on fire telling everyone how self-righteous I truly am.

Dam it, believe me.

I am Perpetuum.

Syndic wrote:

Notice how theres a few special snowflakes very quick to declare how anything except "their" way of playing  a sandbox game is an exploit. lol

We all know deep down where to draw the line, but some keep lying to themselves. We never justify ourselves for doing the wrong thing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

We all know deep down where to draw the line, but some keep lying to themselves. We never justify ourselves for doing the wrong thing.

The line is for the Devs to decide and draw, not for 2-3 mouthbreathers that happened to visit their office or play in Closed Beta to decide for the Devs.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

The line is for the Devs to decide and draw, not for 2-3 mouthbreathers that happened to visit their office or play in Closed Beta to decide for the Devs.

This could be true but that *** line keeps moving all over the place.

I am Perpetuum.

If they are set to enable/disable against NPCs it should hook into the NPC retaliation mechanism. I do agree that this is a good idea so long as loot drops from turret kills are disabled and proper role addition for such a control is added. This can remedy some of the protection issues for smaller corps getting into gamma as they could use their turret assets to protect other activities by re arranging base assets instead giving it a better in and more use per se. I would also like to add that possible putting a turret range circle in the building planner would be a good addition to this so that when they are moved about proper planning can be done. (circle can be static size no need to complicate things with booster additions and what have you).

why has this not happened yet best idea ive heard in a while. whats the eta