126 (edited by Chemist 2015-04-26 05:00:20)

Re: Old bug(?)

Ville wrote:
Chemist wrote:

http://imgur.com/rL1EdNo laser shoot in to ground.
http://imgur.com/m2SFoDq also missile turrets.

If you can't defend your base from 1 troll Arkhe... LOL  Dude the stigma that you actually have to use your base and not just afk forever, should be enough for you to understand that even if your base runs out of energy, all that will happen is it will get put into reinforced.  Then you, the player, will have to defend your base when it comes out of reinforcement that YOU, the player, get to choose... then you fill the energy stuff up and GG....  Really you shouldn't be too worried about a little orange circle...

I repeat: this is a bug. And it should be fixed.
I can raze the entire island, but it is not the solution. Bug will remain as long as it is not fixed.

Chemist wrote:
Ville wrote:
Chemist wrote:

If you can't defend your base from 1 troll Arkhe... LOL  Dude the stigma that you actually have to use your base and not just afk forever, should be enough for you to understand that even if your base runs out of energy, all that will happen is it will get put into reinforced.  Then you, the player, will have to defend your base when it comes out of reinforcement that YOU, the player, get to choose... then you fill the energy stuff up and GG....  Really you shouldn't be too worried about a little orange circle...

I can raze the entire island, but it is not the solution. Bug will remain as long as it is not fixed.

If you are stupid and do not know how to effectively defend nics - that's your problem.

2All paranoid and envious: perfect heavy robot+buff+hauler=Guaranteed 30kk per hour.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

If you are stupid and do not know how to effectively defend nics - that's your problem.

2All paranoid and envious: perfect heavy robot+buff+hauler=Guaranteed 30kk per hour.

You're an idiot. I do not care about the financial side.

Chemist wrote:
Ville wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Try going out & shooting him. I hear that does wonders for this problem.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

A bunch of trolls. Well aware that it is not right, but will be argue ...

Chemist wrote:

Nope not trolling.

DEV Zoom wrote:

1. Turrets were never meant to defend a base on their own. If you rely on them without being there in person to defend your base or scare away some trolls in Arkhes, you're doing it wrong.
2. It's probably a bug (haven't checked it yet), but due to my point above it's not an exploit and noone will be punished for it.

edit: And yes I realize that gammas don't really work like they were meant to work with such a low amount of players.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Nope not trolling.

DEV Zoom wrote:

1. Turrets were never meant to defend a base on their own. If you rely on them without being there in person to defend your base or scare away some trolls in Arkhes, you're doing it wrong.
2. It's probably a bug (haven't checked it yet), but due to my point above it's not an exploit and noone will be punished for it.

edit: And yes I realize that gammas don't really work like they were meant to work with such a low amount of players.

And? Zoom does not know: it's a bug or a feature. They have not decided. But they "improved AI" in one of the last gamma-patch. However, it is not known exactly what they have improved.

Chemist wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Nope not trolling.

DEV Zoom wrote:

And? Zoom does not know: it's a bug or a feature. They have not decided. But they "improved AI" in one of the last gamma-patch. However, it is not known exactly what they have improved.

Well I have to agree with that. The "improved" AI looks like the "old" AI to me.

oh, there was a tiny little improvement on the turret AI, that you wouldn't notice with a single arkhe.
But that change wouldn't even be worthy a patchnote...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Chemist wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

You're an idiot. I do not care about the financial side.

I know, when you bot you dont care.

I am Perpetuum.

136 (edited by Chemist 2015-04-27 03:16:11)

Paranoid.

And anyway ... who are you, dude? I do not know you, go away. Me your fantasies uninteresting. If you prove that I bot - prove. If you can not - you https://translate.google.ru/#ru/en/%D0% … 1%8F%D1%87

"Through hardships to the stars. chaos & gamma."

to be continued...

gl

Just @ Game

138 (edited by Baglodush Kemory 2015-04-27 12:25:58)

Lets see how long it takes that they say its a bug , when we use this tactic.

I take bets right now.

139 (edited by Hunter 2015-04-27 13:26:30)

reading this post, i see the only one explanation: this is a retribution.
CHAOS and others, include CIR, PHM (basically everyone players) uses vulnerabilities everytime and everywhere.
I remember the time when the enemies came to shoot ultramarine base first time. They did everything correct (as intended). But after that Ultramarine base was fortified too much. Ramps and other constructions made it invulnerable for normal attacks. After several unsuccess attempts of siege, it was destroyed with using bugs. Everything was ok (all correct) for CHAOS and their comrades. Everything wrong was for emperth citizens. I still remember that brave posts on the forum.
What was next? - Total destroying the CIR, PHM and CHAOS bases using same measures. And everything changed in minds of player community. Oh no! - yelled everyone. - STC doing wrong!
Ok... The DeVs can correct turrets AI. Next step? - PHM will bring shielded seth with remote cap recharges. What you will do after that?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

140 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-04-27 13:58:04)

Hunter wrote:

CHAOS and others, include CIR, PHM (basically everyone players) uses vulnerabilities everytime and everywhere.
I remember the time when the enemies came to shoot ultramarine base first time. They did everything correct (as intended). But after that Ultramarine base was fortified too much. Ramps and other constructions made it invulnerable for normal attacks. After several unsuccess attempts of siege, it was destroyed with using bugs. Everything was ok (all correct) for CHAOS and their comrades. Everything wrong was for emperth citizens. I still remember that brave posts on the forum.
What was next? - Total destroying the CIR, PHM and CHAOS bases using same measures. And everything changed in minds of player community. Oh no! - yelled everyone. - STC doing wrong!
Ok... The DeVs can correct turrets AI. Next step? - PHM will bring shielded seth with remote cap recharges. What you will do after that?

I think this is the first Hunter post EVER that i think i understand..... maybe neutral

Hunter wrote:

PVP, no?

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I think this is the first Hunter post EVER that i think i understand..... maybe neutral

Cause the people understand that they want understand.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Damn Hunter.   That was deep.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEVs fixed an old exploit (defense turrets not switching targets) and made turrets consume much more accumulator.
Power Supply of bases is also limited now, and some attributes of energy grid buildings had been adjusted to make it work.

the Arkhe was nerfed SEVERAL TIMES to be useless in PvP - in offense and intel.

Saying that its a valid tactic to use the free robot to make defense turrets shoot dirt to empty a whole bases accumulator without setting off the attack alarm -> this can only come from someone who has no idea or intention to remember the reasons for changes beeing done.

Partially to blame are those who cried for intensive PTS testing, and then not doing anything of it. Especially those with "gamma experience" from the live server have done nothing but tested how to rebuild their pvp-free sandcastles on the PTS.

Alone those few hours Gamma experience yesterday gave me enough stuff to write a list on how to improve gamma the way the DEVs wanted to have it... just that there is no DEV willing to listen, because they are occupied with part 1 of the PvE content (where the stuff writen in the blog is like 5% of the change necessary to keep the game intresting for more then a few hours gametime)

last but not least... the one who had the idea to make all buildings go into reinforce mode needs to be forced to play the game 24/7 for at leat two weeks.... really.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Whether it's a bug or a missing feature is a matter of perspective actually. When we made the fix for turrets that they should keep shooting you when you are hiding behind plants, we didn't make an exception for terrain. So basically the problem is that turrets expect to shoot holes into the terrain which of course doesn't happen. We're working on a fix.

Zoom the turrets aren't changing targets either...

Ville wrote:

Zoom the turrets aren't changing targets either...

Depends what you mean by that. Since their lock limit is 100, you're going to retain (at least) a yellow lock practically as long as you're around. And since they think you can be shot behind terrain there is no reason for them to change targets in that case.

i can confirm that turrets are switching targets as necessary and if LoS is blocked from their perspective they will change priorities.

As far as i can tell, the aggro management could be a bit better regarding ewar turrets, after the LoS issue was fixed...

Oh ok, I only tried it with 4 arkhes.

Hunter wrote:

I remember the time when the enemies came to shoot ultramarine base first time. They did everything correct (as intended). But after that Ultramarine base was fortified too much. Ramps and other constructions made it invulnerable for normal attacks. After several unsuccess attempts of siege, it was destroyed with using bugs.

I still have screenshots from that siege. Stop lying about using bugs, it was killed absolutely legitimately and took around 40+ hours.

GSO smile

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu