Topic: QoL: scanner/Miner charges

this is half balancing, half feature request.

Geoscan charges. there are so many of them. whats the point?
just make one charge per ore that isn't consumed and allow the scanner to switch between modes (tile/direction)

Same for Miner and Harvesters - whats the point of the ammo consumption?

and don't tell me after 4 years you still haven't figured out how to make modules that don't consume ammo (yet drainers and such never did)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: QoL: scanner/Miner charges

+1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

+1

It's been requested lots but it still is a good idea.

+1

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

+1 for simplifying it, I would love to see alpha miner/beta miner/gamma miner charges though. If you're lazy, gamma miner charges could be used for everything, yet would be more pricy than alpha/beta charges. (by alpha/beta/gamma I mean the according level of ore, not the island type itself.)

6 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-07 19:06:04)

I suggested a while back to only have liquid and solid ore charges. Liquid should be more expensive due to the passivity of liquid mining and make it layered mining fields, where you have to go through different type of ores or liquid to get higher value minerals.

RIP PERPETUUM

Might as well make geoscanners cost nic to use.  Choose the charge and pay each user w/o a text box appearing to confirm.  :B

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

Might as well make geoscanners cost nic to use.  Choose the charge and pay each user w/o a text box appearing to confirm.  :B

-Ensi

some forum posts should cost you ingame nic too...

but thanks for bumping

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Can this be like you can mine/harvest without charges, but if you use them, you're getting some extra bonus? Like 150% amount or something like that. Base amounts can be lowered then, to balance stuff.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

-1 due to this being a remove content request

1. new producers can help out by building ammo/charges, this removes that
2. players can buy and sell charges which helps the almost dead economy, this removes that
3. NIC sink (however ubsurdly minor it is), this removes that

-1 due to this would use DEV time which could be spent with higher priority QoL issues

-1 due to it would require all you botters to remove some logic from your botting programs to make botting even easier

11 (edited by Ville 2015-05-08 18:22:50)

It wouldn't have anything to do with botting.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

12 (edited by Annihilator 2015-05-08 21:10:22)

Altera wrote:

-1 due to this being a remove content request

1. new producers can help out by building ammo/charges, this removes that
2. players can buy and sell charges which helps the almost dead economy, this removes that
3. NIC sink (however ubsurdly minor it is), this removes that

-1 due to this would use DEV time which could be spent with higher priority QoL issues

-1 due to it would require all you botters to remove some logic from your botting programs to make botting even easier

1. a new producer can help out... nothing. last time i have bought something from a "new producer" was... never, since i always had similar or better production skills, and crafting my own mining ammo was more or less a chore then a feature.
2. same as 1., the economy is dead with or without miner charges on the market
3. its a nic sink and obstacle for new miner more then for vets. vets only have the few NIC it costs to run the factory, and if they own the factory... they get it back 100%. 

the DEV time spent on making this possible is not wasted, because its actually necessary for new content that exceeds your creativity limit...

you are a terrible liar if your telling your' not botting in this game... fuuu

Annihilator wrote:

1. a new producer can help out... nothing. last time i have bought something from a "new producer" was... never, since i always had similar or better production skills, and crafting my own mining ammo was more or less a chore then a feature.
2. same as 1., the economy is dead with or without miner charges on the market
3. its a nic sink and obstacle for new miner more then for vets. vets only have the few NIC it costs to run the factory, and if they own the factory... they get it back 100%.

I am not sure how much interaction you have with new players lately.  But, it is pretty standard to give a new producer the job of making charges/ammo in the corp. It allows them to play the game while they are waiting on the EP/research to be able to make the higher cost items.  The same goes for non-corp members, they can make and sell on the public market (becasue as you said, most vets wont waste their lines for selling ammo and charges, cause its more of a chore).  I guess just telling them to F off until they have super vet skills is another way to do it, that will certainly get more ppl to play this game

Annihilator wrote:

the DEV time spent on making this possible is not wasted, because its actually necessary for new content that exceeds your creativity limit

I am not sure what your point here is.  I am not sure how you are equating my creativy limit with the necessity of this requested change.

Annihilator wrote:

you are a terrible lair if your telling your' not botting in this game... fuuu

I guess I am the only one not botting in this game, but thanks for the personal attack smile

also, with your logic,

adding ammo consumption to:
1. remote sensor amps
2. energy transfer modules
3. energy drainer
4. energy neutralizerse
5. any EWAR module

would create additional content, nic sinks and give noobs something to build!

Annihilator wrote:

also, with your logic,

1. remote sensor amps
3. energy drainer
4. energy neutralizerse
5. any EWAR module

I love when Anni gets butt hurt, its so cute.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

also, with your logic,

1. remote sensor amps
3. energy drainer
4. energy neutralizerse
5. any EWAR module

And according to your logic, there would be no ammo at all, no new players with less EP then you and you and your buds could be free to bot 24/7.
Super fun times.

I dont know why people are so concerned about botting when the devs are not. Zoom came right out and said they can't even prove it aqnd so don't care months ago. Botting is effectively legal now.

Botting - is inexpensive resources... Yes, the AFK- and the bot-miners? smile This is a question for you. Look at the prices for liquid... afk and bot miners, good job. Nubs are very pleased that they can now dig all day of hdt, or liquzit and will be able to buy with the money Argano...

its a robot game.
the botting argument is the dead-horse, same as the "noob production" or "market" one.

You see ... even you disagree with me. smile
If I say I do not use bots - I'm lying.
If I say that there is a miner boots - I'm lying...

lol

Question: there is bots or is it someone's sick imagination? smile
And yes... the bots - involve working 24/7 or every day. How many times in year farm I and how many days dig the people... I think the difference is obvious. smile