Re: Newsletter.

Let me understand.

This has nothing to do with money.  Ok Got it. 

Has to do with zero customer support?  They buy that with hookers and blow?

Serious question.  I really do wish to understand how you think so that I might be enlightened.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Let me understand.

Serious question.  I really do wish to understand how you think so that I might be enlightened.

You're not being clear enough in what you are referencing.

The answer you want is that the Devs don't want to advertise until the game is ready. I'm not saying this is actually the case, just that it's the logic behind the statements you're questioning.

It makes no sense to me either.

Cassius wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Let me understand.

You're not being clear enough in what you are referencing.

The answer you want is that the Devs don't want to advertise until the game is ready. I'm not saying this is actually the case, just that it's the logic behind the statements you're questioning.

It makes no sense to me either.

They don't have the money to advertise. What I dont get is why they don't do affiliate etc as it costs nothing

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Because they're working actual jobs that pay, and Perpetuum is a 15-year-in-development basement hobby.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

but affiliates pays other people to play. You could get those sycophants and pets you call corp and alliance 'equals' to buy through your affiliate link so you can buy Bibi a new collar.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

31 (edited by Syndic 2015-03-16 13:55:21)

Indeed all are equal in our great partnership, such is the difference between men who think of and treat others as equal comrades, and lesser pretenders who only see others as pets and slaves. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

they are certainly equally full of *** big_smile

Perpetuum wrote:

Let me understand.

They will be able to hire someone for this later, when they'll have a better and growing income. It's not so expensive.
Same with the game development. It needs money. At least for the company's owners motivation: it's hard to do something if you aren't being rewarded for this for a long time. If this project will make sufficient money, they can decide to quit their job and focus on business.

Yes, there are many things that can be done to improve this game before advertising. The problem is, this changes can't be done without proper income: it's too slow, the moment they'll make PvE, graphics, balance, they'll have much more new things to worry about.

So i think launching it as it is in the near time is better than shutting it down a year later because they'll finally find something better to do in their free time than working on something they're bored of for a little cash.

What it all boils down to is this: (aside from some poor decisions) The game was 5 years too late on release to get the players needed and kick start the cash flow.

What has ended up is little money to keep development at a decent pace for the past 3-4 years. This has led to what we have now. Out dated graphics, a UI that is too small to read at 1080p, and consumer's market getting tired of same old and demand for better quality.

Does it need a newsletter now? NO not worth it. Most people will see it as a boring game and make it even more popular for the wrong reasons. Better wait it out for when ,(if ever) is decent for the masses.

RIP PERPETUUM

I think if it were ftp and had a cash shop spending 5 dollars or so a month got you decent content from the game would be more popular.

If you got a new heavy mech at 1.5 dollars and PvP ammo at 50 cents I don't think people would mind. Its impact on the economy would be minimal and people could play to play and not to grind.

Game Needs Money.

Why can you not just say that.  Three words.

I am Perpetuum.

Jita wrote:

I think if it were ftp and had a cash shop spending 5 dollars or so a month got you decent content from the game would be more popular.

If you got a new heavy mech at 1.5 dollars and PvP ammo at 50 cents I don't think people would mind. Its impact on the economy would be minimal and people could play to play and not to grind.

Forget FTP, game is already almost 'FTP' for like 1000 vets and still they don't play.

RIP PERPETUUM

Reminder, If I say it, it gets ignored, still doesn't mean my words are not truth.

I can quote where this was said several months ago if you would like.

I am Perpetuum.

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Forget FTP, game is already almost 'FTP' for like 1000 vets and still they don't play.

But it's free for maybe 6k People and we have maybe 300 who would play if the game was populated. If the game was free for everyone on steam you might get as many as 100k registered players and those that stayed interested would be closer to 5k. Now I think to be interesting you need maybe 2k players so it could work.

There are some big 'if' of course but what other option is there?

2k players spending 2 dollars a month is better than 50 new players a month and nobody playing.

40 (edited by Celebro 2015-03-16 23:56:30)

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

But it's free for maybe 6k People and we have maybe 300 who would play if the game was populated. If the game was free for everyone on steam you might get as many as 100k registered players and those that stayed interested would be closer to 5k. Now I think to be interesting you need maybe 2k players so it could work.

There are some big 'if' of course but what other option is there?

2k players spending 2 dollars a month is better than 50 new players a month and nobody playing.

It would be better to have 2k players but I wouldn't be too optimistic that the FTP crowd will pay anything to support the game or for EP boosters.

The scenario in this case would be a few hundred new players that will lag the server. This will be mostly be kids that will whine that people are 'griefing' them on PVP areas or that the game is slow and want to be king of the hill on the first week, then most will leave.

Back to square one and no money to show for it. Perpetuum shuts down. My guess is they have just about enough to keep the servers going and some reserves for a new toaster, just in case.

RIP PERPETUUM

Aye Pod wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Im betting perpetuum is some crazy Hungarian tax wright off

Or a front for Zooms side business where he sells hookers and blow.

You guys have it all wrong!  It's a money laundering system for the Hungarian mafia!

ICE = International Currency Exchange <-- see, you have to read between the lines to get the true meaning!