Topic: Some Knowledge of Whether or not ppl are undocked

It would be nice if I'm equipping a small squad to go pvping, which happens to take, you know, half an hour sometimes, whether or not there are people undocked on the island I'm on. If there are between zero and three people undocked on the whole island then you could know it's kind of a waste of your time.

Maybe it's just because this game is still quite young, but nevertheless if I'm going to put myself and my corp/alliance mates through 2 or 3 hours of roaming, I would rather have some idea ahead of time whether or not we're going to find anything to pew pew, or get pew pewed by, or just waste 2 hours finding nothing.

Re: Some Knowledge of Whether or not ppl are undocked

ofcourse i agree with that

but im sure other side will not

It's true. If the opposition could see how many bots we have undocked on our island on a daily basis they would probably *** themselves.

Some sort of "recent jumps" count for teleporters could be interesting.
Other than that I think something saying "YES: people are undocked and on the island" seems kinda far.

Next people will want scanners so they can find out where everyone is on the island?
Actually a counter somewhere that shows how many are on the island would be handy for a lot of things, but at the same time everyone would know the instant people came on the isle......just watch the numbers, "oh, 10 people just came on isle, no 15"......This would give a lot of info for defenders on anything in the PvP areas without having to have scouts out. Perhaps if it was delayed, or not 100% accurate, or just have a bracket type system showing approximate numbers would be good. It would give people the knowledge of whether it is worth even going out without broadcasting the moment a group came onto the isle.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

No, One thing I hated about stEVE was "local"

When roaming as a gang you may find no one... you may find one or two juicy targets or you may find a large opfor.

MasterPlan wrote:

No, One thing I hated about stEVE was "local"

When roaming as a gang you may find no one... you may find one or two juicy targets or you may find a large opfor.

Who is stEVE???

For reals? You mean the game EvE?

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

We call it stEVE here.  I'm sure Gremrod will be by shortly to explain it.

And no, I wouldnt want anything like this.  annonymity of your location is a key strategical point in this game.

If we could know who was undocked on an island, we'd just have scouts on every island to get a count of who was out on beta at any given time.  That would suck because everyone would use it and it would ruin PvP.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

scouts suck, because everyone have same visibility range

why not just ask for a red X to mark were everyone is on the island too.

Neoxx wrote:

And no, I wouldnt want anything like this.  annonymity of your location is a key strategical point in this game.

If we could know who was undocked on an island, we'd just have scouts on every island to get a count of who was out on beta at any given time.  That would suck because everyone would use it and it would ruin PvP.

this

and its already easy enough to get a head count with arkhes as it is anyway

CenDre wrote:

why not just ask for a red X to mark were everyone is on the island too.

great idea

+1