Topic: My tale of irresponsibility and my reward. PVP suffers.

So I'm auto piloting my Artemis to Initia because I give 0 *** about my bot. I even walked through a pack of reds and nearly died 5 min earlier.

I walk by Truehold Beta not giving a *** and there's Opium in a baph mk2.  I go back to him. He looks like he's playing terminal games and I'm not in the mood. So I just walk towards FB2 with 0 *** given to Opium.  He follows, locks, demobs, and starts shooting.  I see a castel on the teleport.  I immediately know I walked into a trap.  I'm dead. I accept my fate.

BUT I didn't die. I tanked the baph mk2, while demobbed,  my armor repper off, and jumped through the TP to hershfield where I was greeted by 2 more enemy bots.   I sat there, repped myself, and watched for 10 minutes while Paw and Opium repeated flagged themselves on alpha trying to get me to shoot.  Meanwhile, I was afk.

Later - opium jumped through the TP to go after someone who would fight. I saw him - jumped in - followed him and cheap shot kill stole from a legit PvP battle with Hawk:  http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/262977

I was rewarded for not committing to PvP regardless to being on Beta only to interrupt and be a d-bag back to Opium. 

I was irresponsible. I should've died. This is unbalanced. Fail.  Plz fix.

Thanks,
-K

Re: My tale of irresponsibility and my reward. PVP suffers.

Kayin Prime wrote:

So I'm auto piloting my Artemis to Initia because I give 0 *** about my bot. I even walked through a pack of reds and nearly died 5 min earlier.

I walk by Truehold Beta not giving a *** and there's Opium in a baph mk2.  I go back to him. He looks like he's playing terminal games and I'm not in the mood. So I just walk towards FB2 with 0 *** given to Opium.  He follows, locks, demobs, and starts shooting.  I see a castel on the teleport.  I immediately know I walked into a trap.  I'm dead. I accept my fate.

BUT I didn't die. I tanked the baph mk2, while demobbed,  my armor repper off, and jumped through the TP to hershfield where I was greeted by 2 more enemy bots.   I sat there, repped myself, and watched for 10 minutes while Paw and Opium repeated flagged themselves on alpha trying to get me to shoot.  Meanwhile, I was afk.

Later - opium jumped through the TP to go after someone who would fight. I saw him - jumped in - followed him and cheap shot kill stole from a legit PvP battle with Hawk:  http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/262977

I was rewarded for not committing to PvP regardless to being on Beta only to interrupt and be a d-bag back to Opium. 

I was irresponsible. I should've died. This is unbalanced. Fail.  Plz fix.

Thanks,
-K

So where was the irresponsibility again ? Apart from stealing the kill from Hawk, I can't see any irresponsibility, and that only really applies if your only concern is epeen and killboards. We would not see that as irresponsible as we don't care who gets the killl, just so long as the kill happens.

So let me get this straight, you walked around a bit on Hoop in a tanked artemis and saw only Opium ?
You didn't want to play station games so you walked to FB2 and tanked him until you got to FB2 and jumped to Hersh ?
You then jumped back to Hoop and "stole" Hawks kill ?

Where is the problem in any of this again ?

It's a spiritual continuation of this thread:  http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … iscussion/

My irresponsibility is my complete disregard for enemies on beta. With certain fits there's such a high probability that I can "escape" to a terminal or teleport that I can essentially walk around carelessly in certain areas of beta.

This isn't because my fit is "soo good" or because I'm a good player. It's simply the mechanics of the teleports, the PvP flag, bot speeds, and demob resistance.

It's my QQ. I feel it's unbalanced. So I'm posting again about it from the context of ME exploiting it instead of from the context of my enemies. Since I guess when someone else does it It means I'm QQ'ing about my missing PvP.

-K

You think perhaps attacking someone should give them a PvP flag too?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I don't see the exploit as such. It rather points to and Artemis tanking a Baph. This game has a rock, scissors, paper approach. You were in an Artemis and he was in a Baph....All it says is opium had the wrong combination to take you. So be it, well done. As with most things -if he wanted to kill you next time he adapts, another bot perhaps. As they say....well played Sir.

whats the problem? you didn't engage in pvp and got away with it.
neither killboard nor the "most dangerous" list takes dealt damage into account regarding who has won or participated in a fight.

acording the killboard, i am a elite pvp agent with very positive kill/death ratio...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Fair and balanced.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.