Topic: pewpew and damaged modules.

In the game, after the destruction of the robot are damaged modules. Not all. Some of them are destroyed. Randomly.
Is it possible to do the following: during pvp, real-time modules are damaged. The lower the HP robot, the more severely damaged modules. For example, the guns get a penalty rate, range and damage. Sensors amplifier - speed and range of capture. Frame - reduced speed and resistance demobilizatoram ......
All modules are damaged randomness, but directly in the battlefield. I think the outcome of the battle will be unpredictable and interesting.
That is, each module to assign a certain value to be reduced if it is applied to the damage.
When the "HP" module will be zero - the module is destroyed directly on the robot.
I hope I have clearly written. smile

2 (edited by Error 2014-12-18 13:44:56)

Re: pewpew and damaged modules.

Bots taking damage apply that damage partially to fitted modules? If that's what you mean ... i say no. It would hurt active tanked bots badly since they're taking a lot of damage overall. And active tanking is generally quite pathetic in Perp. Do you want it for PvP only or for PvE as well?
Another thing: if gang A is superior to gang B (firepower or numbers), then gang B will die even sooner since their modules break earlier apart compared to gang A. Accelerating their demise.

Of course i might have misunderstood your idea entirely. tongue

Aunt edit says, that i've overlooked your mention of PvP-scenario.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have recently made it possible for robot parameters to change on the terrain, so yes, it means on terrain.

THIS change actually sounds to me that something like module damage is possible soon (has been a topic since beta btw)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We have recently made it possible for robot parameters to change on the terrain, so yes, it means on terrain.

THIS change actually sounds to me that something like module damage is possible soon (has been a topic since beta btw)

I would be cautious about this. It's one thing to occasionally recalculate your robot's parameters based on the modules when you re-equip, but continuously doing this could be a problem for the server.

5 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-18 15:34:55)

if module is broken, the status is overwritten. thats not "continuously".
you would simply add up to 18 hitpoint-bars to a robot.

when you have server sending the accumulator and hitpoint status of 200 "squad" members lag-free across the world, you those few hitpoint bars should not matter wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Annihilator wrote:

if module is broken, the status is overwritten. thats not "continuously".
you would simply add up to 18 hitpoint-bars to a robot.

If the modules have a single breaking point that tells whether they work or not, then it's not that big of a problem I guess. But the OP talked about continuous parameter degradation if I understood right.

Sounds like a nice idea, but it's going to polarize the fights even more towards the winner.

Burial wrote:

Sounds like a nice idea, but it's going to polarize the fights even more towards the winner.

that depends on the balance of modules, which probably won't happen.

it works really fine in other Mech-Games, where each weapon counts, and "alpha striking" is an exception. So, since Perpetuum could be renamed into "alpha strike online", you'r point is pretty valid...

Burial wrote:

Agreed.