Topic: New devblog: ICE returns, first details on random assignments

ICE finally returns! More about this and the long-awaited details on the random assignment system in the new devblog:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … signments/

Also announcing a Winter Sale, with 33% off on everything.

Re: New devblog: ICE returns, first details on random assignments

The jokes are lame.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

This is awesome! Looking forward to the patch big_smile

Not really excited.  It's going to be a rehash of Korean grinder missions.  Oh you here!  Go kill 12 of this then 10 of these, next go there.  Hi, go kill 12 of these. 

The problem is with your missions they are boring, there's no depth to them and everything's a fing trap.  Add something, something with meaning.  Connect the player to the game world.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

IIIIIccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now i have something fun to do

Nice job!

Need TEAM support fo missions!!! Now we dont got any reward to doing missions in a team. Need to change!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Nice job!

Need TEAM support fo missions!!! Now we dont got any reward to doing missions in a team. Need to change!

need team missions even more then solo missions

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

ICE finally returns! More about this and the long-awaited details on the random assignment system in the new devblog:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … signments/

Also announcing a Winter Sale, with 33% off on everything.

While this is a step in the right direction your reward model has always sucked which makes your PVE boring as it fails to provide a skinner box. This change won't effect that which makes the PVE change pretty but ultimately useless.

The good news is its easily fixable with very little dev time but since you could have fixed it already with the current mission system which would have made that a hundred times better im not going to hold my breath. I assume you'll be spending far longer fixing the mess of the last patch.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

its about time.

question: on terrain refit. does that mean really ON terrain, or do we have to dock those micro-terminals (aka same as gamma terminals minus market interface)

The later would be rather bad for PvP on beta islands.

also, i would really love to see that EACH step of a mission counts towards the reward multiplicator.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

We have recently made it possible for robot parameters to change on the terrain, so yes, it means on terrain.

but i need a terminal for that, and can't do that with "in combat" status. right?

That's right.

13 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-18 15:29:33)

important question about the new mission system:

1. will you touch the issue with mission-spawns beeing static on terrain
1b. will you touch the issue that most missions ask you to kill twice the NPCs that a spawn contains (aka asking you to wait for a full respawn, even if the mission was "use chassis scanner")
2. will you touch the issue that lots of missions on alpha ask you to bring an artifact scanner?
2b. will you touch the issue that up to now you have been unable to make a simple npc spawn trigger based on a player stepping on a trigger (instead of interacting with it manually, or using artifact scanner)

I'll only answer what I can as of now:

1b. Definitely. I hate that myself too.
2. Yes.
2b. That actually worked at some point, we need to look into it.

Roughly when is the update coming?

The current estimate is around February.

Do not forget to make an email newsletter to its players.

for the future of the game.

can we expect to see static NPCs removed from the game (the ones that are the "sentinent robots")?
Missions spawning NPCs on demand.

and NPC factions acting as such... as a sandbox AI faction, doing the stuff we do.

aka, doing what "Firefall" was supposed to be two years ago but failed due to the instanced nature of the server.

Annihilator wrote:

for the future of the game.

can we expect to see static NPCs removed from the game (the ones that are the "sentinent robots")?
Missions spawning NPCs on demand.

and NPC factions acting as such... as a sandbox AI faction, doing the stuff we do.

aka, doing what "Firefall" was supposed to be two years ago but failed due to the instanced nature of the server.

+1

I also bought this!

TEAM support in missions!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

With the Assignments template system would it be possible to give us 'some Dev tools' for player to create missions. I think that would be pretty cool.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

With the Assignments template system would it be possible to give us 'some Dev tools' for player to create missions. I think that would be pretty cool.

given whats mentioned in the blog - all you would do is giving suggenstions for templates, and suggestions for "objectives", that then are fed to the mission generator.

not "creating missions" as such.

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

given whats mentioned in the blog - all you would do is giving suggenstions for templates, and suggestions for "objectives", that then are fed to the mission generator.

not "creating missions" as such.

I meant create missions but players gives the NIC/item reward not NPCs.  I don't see how this can be abused. This could end up with creating various types of missions whilst freeing up development from creating 1000s of different mission. The mission creator gets compensated for items/goods they need.

RIP PERPETUUM

ah, you mean a contract system... big_smile

btw, the thing i like most, are those micro-terminals.
IMHO the game should be developed into a direction where you hardly ever need / can dock and disappear in a indestructible building.

Annihilator wrote:

ah, you mean a contract system... big_smile

btw, the thing i like most, are those micro-terminals.
IMHO the game should be developed into a direction where you hardly ever need / can dock and disappear in a indestructible building.

Yes like a contract system where assignments would be involved in the process. Although certain aspects of creating it might need to restricted not too open ended, for the sake of weird unpredictable stuff/abuse.

I agree that docking would be good if it disappeared as long as you could do everything you can do now on the field.

RIP PERPETUUM

25 (edited by JetNexus 2014-12-18 19:19:06)

Sounds very interesting. I think i'll buy another 18k smile

Phantomburn wrote:

Not really excited.  It's going to be a rehash of Korean grinder missions.  Oh you here!  Go kill 12 of this then 10 of these, next go there.  Hi, go kill 12 of these. 

The problem is with your missions they are boring, there's no depth to them and everything's a fing trap.  Add something, something with meaning.  Connect the player to the game world.

I was thinking the same thing a while ago. Before i've tried Star Trek Online... With a lot of content and "meaning" in PvE. Most of the time in STO i've been thinking "damn, when will this crap will be over? Maybe there's something interesting after this...(nope)". So as much as i like the story and RP in games, i'd prefer a simple "kill this, bring that" missions. Although they can be improved by adding some fun stuff like minigames(hacking, for example) and group missions (but i don't have an ideas how to actually make group missions, not "multibox only" missions).