Topic: Closed Corporation Standings

So a bit of annoyance, closed corporations standings.

I love the ability to see achieved relations, but if a corporation is CLOSED so should its standings be removed! I quick tab between achieved and set relations to see the difference in rows, if there is a difference there is usually a discrepancy that needs addressed at which point I will compare the sides and rectify the issue. As it stands there are 2 closed corporations that closed with standings twords us, this is of no importance as there is NO PLAYERS in the corporations!

I propose, upon closure of a corporation ALL standings both TO and FROM the corporation in question BE REMOVED! 1 extra query is all it takes!

/endrant

Ambe

Re: Closed Corporation Standings

+1
thats as much anoying as 500+ chatchannels that noone has ever used since 3 years

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Agreed.

Standings from closed corporation that don't exist don't seem relevant to me. +1

As a corp who's been around since day 1 in a major alliance full of dead corps I feel your pain.

I'm pretty sure this has been raised before. But I agree, it's something that needs addressing.

There have also been many calls for alliance tools, to allow easier management of alliances. However, I think there are far more important issues going on atm so it may be some time, if at all, that these issues are addressed.

This issue should be a quick fixer to be honest, in the code where a corporation becomes marked as closed execute the proper procedure to recursively remove standings. I even think DEV Zoom could do this solo in an evening if he so wanted big_smile

Amano Terijima wrote:

This issue should be a quick fixer to be honest, in the code where a corporation becomes marked as closed execute the proper procedure to recursively remove standings. I even think DEV Zoom could do this solo in an evening if he so wanted big_smile

Ohh I agree completely, but well... here we are.. smile

Amano Terijima wrote:

Start thinking of this game as art and you will see why things arent so easy.