1 (edited by DEV Zoom 2014-12-12 14:49:58)

Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-12-12

Server will be down for a small patch on 2014-12-12 from 14:00 server time (CET). The patch will deploy a few fixes and balancing changes. Estimated downtime will be about 1 hour.

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-12-12

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-12-12

no PTS for "small fixes" ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Don't skip on documentation, please?
smile

can we get an idea of what your nerfing this time?  so I have time to say I told you so?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I would guess they are nerfing all the fits people are using now (and may have paid money to spec into) as well as the Seth mk2. Basically removing the only fun bits this patch had.

Yes Yes NERF ALL THE THINGS!

7 (edited by Sieges 2014-12-12 05:41:12)

EDIT: I got in. I must have been trying during downtime big_smile

This is 100% related to plates

and/or undemobbable stuff

Patch notes?

Burial wrote:

Patch notes?

No. Surprise. big_smile

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-12-12

Change: Reduced the global amount of trees on islands. (We have chopped down some trees manually, but it might take some time until this change takes full effect, considering the rules of plant growth and death.)

About what percentage less? Does it affect harvestables too?

It's been more than halved. This particular change only affects one type of tree, which has been excessively increased (compared to other plants) in abundance in the 09-17 patch.

Well its good to know all those armor tanked ew bots will be buffed.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

What are you guys for real? What happend to our green bots. Might as well send me an email when you are finished with this awful balancing, since I am not spending any more EP.1

RIP PERPETUUM

Zoom.............. I hate to tell you this.  Noone uses an armor repair on a light ewar.  If your in armor w/ light ewar your already dead.......

They didn't receive the armor because of armor repair (wtf?), but because of survivability. If we wanted them to excel in armor repair they would have gotten a bonus for that (well the Cameleon has it, but that's a Nuimqol specialty, not a light EW one).

And the Troiar was left out because it already has good accumulator because of its energy warfare role.

Green bots are deleted from the game for all intents and purposes. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

who gives a *** about Intakt and cam armor?

Focus on the effect of the mass increase of assaults and its relationship to medium armor plates

or

just do stuff that doesnt matter

DEV Zoom wrote:

They didn't receive the armor because of armor repair (wtf?), but because of survivability. If we wanted them to excel in armor repair they would have gotten a bonus for that (well the Cameleon has it, but that's a Nuimqol specialty, not a light EW one).

And the Troiar was left out because it already has good accumulator because of its energy warfare role.

Zoom the light ewars all use shields.  Light ewar die in a matter of seconds if they get demobbed.  More armor does *** all.  Take the armor back and give 1% or 2% to shield absorption.  So people could actually use said bonuses.

21 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-13 00:29:12)

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Zoom the light ewars all use shields.  Light ewar die in a matter of seconds if they get demobbed.  More armor does *** all.  Take the armor back and give 1% or 2% to shield absorption.  So people could actually use said bonuses.

i havent seen a light ewar npc with shields yet... wink
Can't wait for the PvE blog that was announced by Zoom, that explains why NPCs are made harder to kill.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Resist bonus on a scarab.  "Balancing"

Crusader wrote:

Resist bonus on a scarab.  "Balancing"

look at it as huge, demob resistant version of an intakt...

Ville wrote:

Zoom.............. I hate to tell you this.  Noone uses an armor repair on a light ewar.  If your in armor w/ light ewar your already dead.......

I have less than 1k hp using a frame.  I do think my HP skills are max.

Without my shield I get 1 shotted by a mech or heavy.  2 shots maybe 1 by an assault.

Tbh looks kind of useless but ty.

It still difficult to keep light ewars cap stable.  I did notice you guys nerfed demobs once more.  At least for small bots

Its just more blind idiocy changing what doesn't need changing while the house burns around them