Topic: YOUR GAME CAN'T HANDLE THE SPEED AND TREES

EVERYONE IS RUBBER BANDING AND JUMPING ALL OVER THE SCREEN DURING PVP IT IS UNPLAYABLE.  PLEASE FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.  THANKS

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: YOUR GAME CAN'T HANDLE THE SPEED AND TREES

get a real computer

+1

I want live without FORESTS.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

4 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-03 11:51:10)

kinda duplicate topic, since such lag-spikes are caused by the very un-optimized terrain update distance, that is not related to your viewing distance.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I disagree.

The trees really are stupid. They serve absolutely no positive value, even aesthetically they're unappealing. The only impact they have is a negative lag-inducing one. 

With that being said - Kayin's Lawn Mowing service is open for business.  I will come clear out any tree field for a low cost of 150k Epriton.  You can even call me a spy afterwards.

PLEASE REMOVE THE *** TREES, Thanks.

The movement interpolation is broken/needs some work. Way too choppy.

The only reason the forums are not full of screaming people about this is there is little to no PvP anyway. The PvP lag is at it's worst state in a while and it was always terrible. This kind of thing can and does decide battles and it's important to get right.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

10 (edited by Galaxy Drones 2014-12-04 01:22:48)

Nobody understood "Forest Dumb" until now -> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rest-dumb/

(except PVPers).

Keep it simple, stupid.

Alas +1, I've died due to this both in PvP (most recent a fight with beast mode) and PvE (Oh look more trees! Lets just freeze up here while you are taking damage while we load that pretty forest over there.).

Amano Terijima wrote:

Alas +1, I've died due to this both in PvP (most recent a fight with beast mode) and PvE (Oh look more trees! Lets just freeze up here while you are taking damage while we load that pretty forest over there.).

Finally!!  The *** face Devs ignore my tickets, I make 4 god damn posts about and Annis like QQ trees look gud from dez forums.  Now other people are losing *** and complaining.  Ditch the god damn trees.  *** how good it looks if it lags everyone the *** out.

They don't look good....

Can I assume that everyone here knows that reducing draw distance helps with client performance and you all have it on minimum and still have problems?

15 (edited by Blocker 2014-12-04 07:29:44)

Have to agree here. We went out last week to do some beacons and we had to clear the bloody trees before we could do anything. Lag was not too bad while we were just moving around, but once we started shooting the trees it became mostly unplayable, with NA lag reported by most in group. Once we had managed to clear the trees, the lag mostly disappeared and doing the beacons was quite playable.
Just my 2 cents..

[EDIT] Yes Zoom, most if not all our mob have the draw distance set to either half or the minimum setting.

16 (edited by Burial 2014-12-04 07:40:58)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Can I assume that everyone here knows that reducing draw distance helps with client performance and you all have it on minimum and still have problems?

Two clients open:
1. A sees B jump around despite B moving smoothly and consistently.
2. The stopping location is almost always out of sync between the two clients.

It's not lag, it's the new movement code. That's when it started.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Can't you implement a LoD system for plants at least? at 500m+ the plants don't need to be more then sprites, and don't need to cast shaddows.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Two points.

I have draw distance on the lowest setting.

Forrest's actually make having draw distance higher more needed as you need to plan where you position more.

Perceptor wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Two points.

I have draw distance on the lowest setting.

Forrest's actually make having draw distance higher more needed as you need to plan where you position more.

Jitas right

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

There does seem to be a lot of stuff in the way now.

This is relevant

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … g-service/

Trees are looking good, and it's cool that they're actually growing and not apart of the static landscape.
So pleas don't remove them. Although obviosly this feature should be optimized, because LAG is a server/internet problem, and it's not because of the cheap computer.

WHY DO I HAVE TO MINIMUM MY GAME TO MAKE IT WORK

I HAVE POWERFUL COMPUTER  JAJAJA

DEV Zoom wrote:

24 (edited by Inda 2014-12-08 07:39:59)

I dont have powerful PC but.

before patch              after patch

I am ok                     I am rubberbanding, when trees is "grow" in the route.

PS: I use the absolute minimum settings 1024*768 on 1367*768 screen...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I have dont have powerful PC but.

before patch              after patch

I am ok                     I am rubberbanding, when trees is "grow" in the route.

Huzzah!  FIX THE GOD DAMN TREES.