Topic: Corporation Merger Mechanic

As it stands now, this game has corporations come and go. That is perfectly fine, as in the real world companies pop up and close all the time. But what about corporations consuming other corporations? Well currently this is a common tactic in real life, perfect example Microsoft recently consumed Mohjangg taking all their research, assets, and staffing (bar those in the agreement to leave the company) with them. Enter stage left : Corporation Merger Mechanics.

Corporation A decides to merge with Corporation B. Currently one corporation would have to completely shut down, move players, and move assets to the other corporation. Losing research in the process. What if two corporations can use a "Merge" agreement? This would allow seamless transfer of all members and assets, part of the agreement can be what roles certain members retain upon transfer. Research would combine, where research overlaps there is no bonus as this would be a natural loss in a merger anyways.

Adding this mechanic can help corporations to synchronize together, and even create a market for buy outs with in the game. It would also allow smaller corporations that want to join larger ones to do so with out having to worry about holding open the previous corporation so as not to lose specific research.

Anyways this has been my thoughts as they came to me based on the fact I am using an alt in a dead corporation for their research while NSE increases its tree, which is a situation where this mechanic would come in extremely handy.

Re: Corporation Merger Mechanic

I would be willing to spend NIC to do this as well, or even credits.....

3 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-20 09:58:35)

wouldn't that also make a corp split option necessary, which is a bit more complicated regarding research?
but +1 regardless

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1

blablablablabla

+1

+1 Can we make this happen?  This is a great idea, mimics the RL corporate world and adds a cool unique game mechanic that is unlike any other!

Would be nice to just have a *** contract system like every other game but that's not happening

+1 to this idea and +1 to a contract system smile