Re: LAGS!

We are considering removing the 3 day login requirement temporarily.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We are considering removing the 3 day login requirement temporarily.

Customer service skills increase by .03

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Good move Zoom...please consider proposing a change in server providers for the health and well being of your community.

Thanks

Gotharic
DCEO NSE

Hi Zoom,

I +1 the 3 day restriction removal during this technical trouble. I also would like to suggest if you take the time to test a few data centers to get a group of players with known issues and a few with out as a control group to check them for ability.

Cheers,

Ambe/Amano/Jade
CEO NSE

It's the effin sharks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMxkRh7sx84

In other news the 3 day login requirement should be now off, we'll see the next morning if the change really worked.

DEV Zoom wrote:

In other news the 3 day login requirement should be now off, we'll see the next morning if the change really worked.

Is not a shark!, the problem are the Voxel/Telia/Cogent technicians, they can only configure the routers/switches, but really, they don't know how the protocols work.

(Any resemblance to Perpetuum Development/Rebalance reality is purely coincidental).

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

232 (edited by Kayin Prime 2015-01-13 16:38:54)

Race Drones don't be so naive.  The sharks ate your data.  Obviously.

Sharks with goddamn lazers

TORNADO'S HOOOOOO

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Race Drones wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Is not a shark!, the problem are the Voxel/Telia/Cogent technicians, they can only configure the routers/switches, but really, they don't know how the protocols work.

(Any resemblance to Perpetuum Development/Rebalance reality is purely coincidental).

The last part at the end made me lol.

at least zoom has a topic for his monthly blog now...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

at least zoom has a topic for his monthly blog now...

The sharks ate that too

Time to Shop Datacenters smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

The lag isn't caused by the trees themselves, it's caused by the extreme lack of bandwidth for those having this issue. About 30-40 kilobytes/sec would be needed for you to get all the updates of the game world. As long as you don't move, or move around in an area that you've been recently to and don't need an environment update, it's fine because the movement of other robots doesn't take much data and those having reduced bandwidth can live with it. But updating the terrain takes the most bandwidth, so when you encounter new plants, or battle around trees that get hit, or plant noralgis and you get lag, it's because your client doesn't receive the environment data fast enough.

Or it's because the server doesn't send the enviroment data fast enough.

I don't know the details, but what i've noticed about the business is that you shouldn't ever expect or wait for the service you using to became better than it's currently are. If they've failed you so badly this time then most likely it'll happen again in the near future. So just change it, for the future, for the game's sake, without any regrets. No need to wait for any more damage for you business than there's currently done.

I'm with you anyway, with a year "subscription" for the start. But jeez, don't you have enough work already with the game itself?

JetNexus wrote:

I'm with you anyway, with a year "subscription" for the start. But jeez, don't you have enough work already with the game itself?

They like to get themselves some extra. Look at the recent balancing patches, jeeziz. They still fail to admit how much of a failure it was, despite the empirical evidence AND their whole playerbase telling them how bad it actually is.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Zoom - there are at least two different issues beeing talked about in this topic.

one is the "Lag" issue that doesn't even allow someone to log in, that affects everyone, even those living in proximity of the server,
and the one that is caused by terrain-updates.

the later one needs to be reworked even for non-lag related issues.

can't you rewrite the terrain code in a way that makes terrain data streamed via UDP instead of TCP, and in smaller chunks, and gradually update the whole island even if you don't move until you got the whole thing including tree's actual position?
Any1 would expect that high-tech living robots would have a radial scanner installed that would be able to scan a mere 10-20km radius terrain data...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

JetNexus wrote:

Or it's because the server doesn't send the enviroment data fast enough.

The routes are the problem.

JetNexus wrote:

... you shouldn't ever expect or wait for the service you using to became better than it's currently are. If they've failed you so badly this time then most likely it'll happen again in the near future ...

You are right!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Do we have to login first for this to take effect if its been over 3 days or will it be automaticlly for all accounts that have the game purchased or the 3 month minimal sub time?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Do we have to login first for this to take effect if its been over 3 days or will it be automaticlly for all accounts that have the game purchased or the 3 month minimal sub time?

You don't have to log in. If your account is active (ie. you can play with it), you've received your daily EP package since yesterday regardless whether your last login was 2 days or 2 years ago.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Don't want to be that guy who reminds the teacher collect homework due today but....

Didn't you just hurt yourself with this change.  I mean only reason I keep 2 accounts sub is just in case I forget to log in.  Now why bother ?

Just a thought

Jasmoba wrote:

Don't want to be that guy who reminds the teacher collect homework due today but....

Didn't you just hurt yourself with this change.  I mean only reason I keep 2 accounts sub is just in case I forget to log in.  Now why bother ?

Just a thought

Let's say it's another motivation factor in trying to resolve it asap.

Not to mention the people who can't login aren't being penalized.

Jasmoba wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Just a thought

But this change is temporary, right?

JetNexus wrote:
Jasmoba wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Just a thought

But this change is temporary, right?

Yes, until the server issues get fixed.

RIP PERPETUUM

After 9 or 10 pm, I can't connect to the datacenter.  My time.

I was immune to lag... until today   :·(