Topic: ERP Suggestion

as we all know ERP was nerved multible times and it still has a very limited use. now even less with the 20% repair bonus reduction on blue bots.
so since i like the erp in general i was thinking a bit how we could improve it.

since a buff in normal terms seams not to be intended by the devs, so i took a look at the other possibilities.

the idea came in the end from the shield mechanics that is basicly independent from incomming dmg type.

why not make the same with ERP. the incoming dmg still is a thing of the armor resists but the ERP could only work on dmg.

remove all existing factinal ERPs and replace them with one general one. giving it its highest value in general for all dmg types. or tweak it a bit if nessesary.
that way we will be able to play around a bit more with ERPs and they will be much more usefull when they dont only give you a usefull amount of energy when getting one type of dmg.

Re: ERP Suggestion

one problem with ERP imho is how they are are scaling across the tiers.

since T4 is already relatively weak, everything below is next to useless (except on blue bots until last patch)

IMHO the maximum damage2energy conversion rate should be the same on all 4 tiers, and only slightly better on prototypes.
Instead, the minimum damage2energy rate (due to accumulator curve) could be scaled with tiers.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

All I got out of this was...

Nerf ERP.

I am Perpetuum.

4 (edited by Supremacy 2014-11-18 22:57:45)

I am pretty sure you cant put an ERP on a t1 fitted cam.

Zortarg wrote:

as we all know ERP was nerved multible times and it still has a very limited use. now even less with the 20% repair bonus reduction on blue bots.
so since i like the erp in general i was thinking a bit how we could improve it.

since a buff in normal terms seams not to be intended by the devs, so i took a look at the other possibilities.

the idea came in the end from the shield mechanics that is basicly independent from incomming dmg type.

why not make the same with ERP. the incoming dmg still is a thing of the armor resists but the ERP could only work on dmg.

remove all existing factinal ERPs and replace them with one general one. giving it its highest value in general for all dmg types. or tweak it a bit if nessesary.
that way we will be able to play around a bit more with ERPs and they will be much more usefull when they dont only give you a usefull amount of energy when getting one type of dmg.

Sure you can.

Goes as follows.

Cam Mk1

Head:
Mid:
Leg: LWF, ERP

Profit?

am doing this right?

I am Perpetuum.

push.